[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here is a scary thought for the Romo believers ...

Grits and Shins

Romo has been stuck on the bench in Dallas behind the likes of Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe ... even Drew Henson got a shot while Romo waited in the wings.

It is very disquieting to think that at no time was Romo considered a better option than Quincy, Vinny or Henson :D

How can Romo not be a better option? He's still there & the other 3 turds are have been flushed. I'm not sure I understand your logic...

The Cowboys always thought they had a good player that needed time to develope into the starter.

That's the way it used to be, you backed up the starter until you were ready to become the starter.

Romo spent the last few years learning the game and now we'll find out if he passes or fails his final.

How can Romo not be a better option? He's still there & the other 3 turds are have been flushed. I'm not sure I understand your logic...

When Quincy was the QB, Romo was not considered a better option

When Vinny was the QB, Romo was not considered a better option

When Henson got his shot at QB, Romo was not considered a better option

When Bledsoe was the QB last year and to start this year, Romo was not considered a better option

How hard is that logic to follow?

Over the last several years Romo has been unable to unseat the likes of Quincy, Vinny and Henson. That speak volumes about how bad Romo must have been during those years because those 3 sucked. It also speaks volumes about how bad Bledsoe is.

Edited by Grits and Shins

When Bledsoe was the QB last year and to start this year, Romo was not considered a better option

Over the last several years Romo has been unable to seat the likes of Quincy, Vinny and Henson. That speak volumes about how bad Romo must have been during those years because those 3 sucked. It also speaks volumes about how bad Bledsoe is.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Over the last several years Romo has been unable to unseat the likes of Quincy, Vinny and Henson. That speak volumes about how bad Romo must have been during those years because those 3 sucked. It also speaks volumes about how bad Bledsoe Dallas' O-line is.

Fixed

This is getting ridiculous. I realize that the cowboys homers are sick of watching their offense suck, but Bledsoe is now worse than those clowns? :D

Quincy, 2003: 3302 yds (58%), 17 TD, 21 INT

Vinny, 2004: 3532 yds (60%), 17 TD, 20 INT

Henson, 2004: 78 yds (on 18 attempts, 56%), 1 TD, 1 INT

Bledsoe, 2005: 3639 yds (60%), 23 TD, 17 INT

Edited by Bill Swerski

Romo looked pretty horrible out there the last game. I personally would of never pulled Bledsoe. I know he did not play good. but he is the best QB on that team. that offensive line cannot passblock at all and no matter who you put back there is gonna have some horrible games.

The only reason Romo looked as good as he did last game was because the defense was playing back when he 1st came in. and he did not look good so that does not say much for him. I predict he is pulled in this next game at some point.

Over the last several years Romo has been unable to unseat the likes of Quincy, Vinny and Henson. That speak volumes about how bad Romo must have been during those years because those 3 sucked. It also speaks volumes about how bad Bledsoe is.

Okay, so if Romo isn't the better option, then how come Romo is still with the team & the other 3 are gone? Let's also not forget that if you want to talk about Bledsoe that Bledsoe kept Brady firmly planted on the bench until Bledsoe got hurt. So did Brady suck before Bledsoe got hurt? By your logic, he did. In fact, by your logic, Romo is better than Brady because it took an injury knocking Bledsoe out of the game to get Brady his chance, whereas Romo is getting his chance over Bledsoe by his own merit.

Seems like your arguing a moot point.

Full disclosure - I do not own Romo in any league, and even though I had an opportunity to add him to my squad via the WW the past week, I chose not to.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Okay, so if Romo isn't the better option, then how come Romo is still with the team & the other 3 are gone? Let's also not forget that if you want to talk about Bledsoe that Bledsoe kept Brady firmly planted on the bench until Bledsoe got hurt. So did Brady suck before Bledsoe got hurt? By your logic, he did. In fact, by your logic, Romo is better than Brady because it took an injury knocking Bledsoe out of the game to get Brady his chance, whereas Romo is getting his chance over Bledsoe by his own merit.

Seems like your arguing a moot point.

Full disclosure - I do not own Romo in any league, and even though I had an opportunity to add him to my squad via the WW the past week, I chose not to.

The others are gone because they got their shot and proved they sucked. The backup QB (Romo) is cheap so it is easy to retain their services. Romo never got a shot to prove if he sucked or not ... so he's still here.

Actually it is more a matter of Bledsoe sucking less than he does now when he had Brady behind him. Bledsoe had a couple decent years in NE and Brady was an unknown.

Are you comparing Bledsoe's years/numbers in NE to those of Quincy Carter, Testaverde and Henson?

+1 and I dropped Bledsoe

Romo looked pretty horrible out there the last game. I personally would of never pulled Bledsoe. I know he did not play good. but he is the best QB on that team. that offensive line cannot passblock at all and no matter who you put back there is gonna have some horrible games.

The only reason Romo looked as good as he did last game was because the defense was playing back when he 1st came in. and he did not look good so that does not say much for him. I predict he is pulled in this next game at some point.

Bledsoe is only the best QB on the team when there is no opposing defense on the field ... or if when there is an opposing defense on the field the Dallas O-line can give Bledsoe 10 seconds to determine how he wants to dispose of the ball.

I don't see Dallas playing a game any time soon where the opposing defense doesn't take the field and I don't see them playing anytime soon where the offensive line is able to give him 5 seconds let alone 10.

The others are gone because they got their shot and proved they sucked. The backup QB (Romo) is cheap so it is easy to retain their services. Romo never got a shot to prove if he sucked or not ... so he's still here.

Actually it is more a matter of Bledsoe sucking less than he does now when he had Brady behind him. Bledsoe had a couple decent years in NE and Brady was an unknown.

Are you comparing Bledsoe's years/numbers in NE to those of Quincy Carter, Testaverde and Henson?

No, actually, I'm comparing Bledsoe's numbers pre-Brady to those pre-Romo. They are actually quite similar (the full year before Bledsoe was replaced and the year Bledsoe was replaced)

Pre-Brady:

59.0% comp %; 205 payds/gm; 6.18 ypa; 1.27 TD/INT ratio

Pre-Romo:

58.4% comp %; 218 payd/gm; 7.19 ypa; 1.20 TD/INT ratio.

Bledsoe kept Brady entrenched on the bench until he got hurt, whereas Romo is replacing Bledsoe because Parcells think he has a better chance to win with Romo. So Brady was forced into action and didn't beat out Brady, yet Romo is electively replacing Bledsoe.

Despite that, I'd never dream of making an argument that Romo is better than Brady.

In other words, what's your point? Romo is going to have to be evaluated on his own merit, not by comparison to turds that were playing for DAL while he was considered a development project.

Guest Mutine Bullfrog

Sounds easy to follow from here. Romos been on the team since 2003 and last monday was the first time he through a pass. QB's need time to develope, but this guy was thrid string because he came cheap. If he was that good he should have gotten at least the #2 spot two years ago.

Who knows, maybe he can get it done, but based on what we see as of right now I wouldn't take the chance.

You know what kind of line you have and you know that Bledsoe couldnt elude a sack if his life depended on it and absolutely chokes and hands away games on a regular basis..I honestly would rather ride out a bad season with Romo then know what im gonna get with bledsoe..Gut wrenching game giveaways..Even on plays he had open looks and protection he just cant help himslef and throws brutal INTs. Id rather get the plays that romo will make due to scrambling ability along with his rookie INTs that are inevitable then Bledose taking sacks and throwing crucial INTs.

Here's Romo on NFL.com

PRO: After signing with the Cowboys as a rookie free agent in 2003, Tony Romo displayed enough potential during training camp to earn a spot on the club's regular season roster as the third quarterback. After spending a year adjusting to the professional game, he split time as the team's No. 2 quarterback in 2004. With the confidence of the coaching staff, he held on to the No. 2 spot and served at the club's holder on kicks the entire 2005 season.

2005: Romo won the training camp battle with Drew Henson for the second quarterback spot on the club's roster. In preseason play he completed 23-of-37 passes for 273 yards and one touchdown. He saw action in all 16 regular season games, serving as the team's holder. Against Philadelphia (10/16), he took a knee on the final drive of the game to run out the clock.

Maybe Jerry Jones thinks the kid looks good squatting and holding for kicks. :D

I don't know what to think of him. He went to high school about 15 miles from where I live and didn't even know who he was. Must have done something in college for Dallas to pick him up but all I care about at this point is GET THE F'N BALL TO T.O.!!!!!!! :D I need to win this week. :D

Fixed

This is getting ridiculous. I realize that the cowboys homers are sick of watching their offense suck, but Bledsoe is now worse than those clowns? :D

Quincy, 2003: 3302 yds (58%), 17 TD, 21 INT

Vinny, 2004: 3532 yds (60%), 17 TD, 20 INT

Henson, 2004: 78 yds (on 18 attempts, 56%), 1 TD, 1 INT

Bledsoe, 2005: 3639 yds (60%), 23 TD, 17 INT

Here we go. :D Batten down the hatches.