[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo is Really Good!

Cowboyz1

I did NOT say he was better, I said he was "as good". The only thing that is stopping you from agreeing is time in service and that my friend can be fixed..........We'll just save this thread for a later date when you will pay homage to my comments about this kid. Just watch and see what this kid does.

Facts are facts, he is winning. He just beat Manning by making plays and keeping him on the sidelines, he is not throwing tons of INT's like rookies normally do and as for record breaking, records are a function of time and consistancy, so in time you will see. That said, Romo is playing as good as any QB in the league and will continue to do so as long as he is on the field. That's my prediction and I'm stickin to it.

I find it interesting that Romo is being talked about as a great QB yet nobody is pounding this thread like they did the Vick thread a few weeks ago when Vick led his team to two big wins vs. the Steelers and the Bengals. Heck Romo didn't even rush much less throw a TD pass, yet this kind of thread is permitted to go on without being ridiculed. Now this Cowboy fan says Kitna could not hold Romo's jock. Do you really think Romo could make the Lions a winner? Romo would be riding the bench in Detroit or Atlanta.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did NOT say he was better, I said he was "as good". The only thing that is stopping you from agreeing is time in service and that my friend can be fixed..........We'll just save this thread for a later date when you will pay homage to my comments about this kid. Just watch and see what this kid does.

Facts are facts, he is winning. He just beat Manning by making plays and keeping him on the sidelines, he is not throwing tons of INT's like rookies normally do and as for record breaking, records are a function of time and consistancy, so in time you will see. That said, Romo is playing as good as any QB in the league and will continue to do so as long as he is on the field. That's my prediction and I'm stickin to it.

oh so he's as good as Manning and Palmer and Brees and whoever else you listed? :D you then went on to say he's completing 66% of his passes and stated that that stat is better than Manning and Palmer, insinuating that Palmer and Manning are taking a back seat to this kid, when Palmer threw for 275 yards and 3 Tds with just 1 INT and Brees threw for 510 yards 2 Tds and 3 INTs. Manning had 254 yards 2 tds and 2 INTs.

It's nice that you're excited about your QB, as you should be, but don't start throwing his name around with the greats and the greaters that are currently playing ball. it's just laughable.

edit: and he's not a rookie so your argument is pretty moot.

Edited by LooGie

No, you're looking at the play from an angle that you didn't see. You're listening to a coach in a press conference, and I actually saw the play, and and heard the commentators say "wow. 3 hands right there. that kick was getting blocked" I actually noticed the 3 hands in the replay and made a comment about it to my father in law, who is a dallas fan, about it.

not to mention that press conference was what? 10 minutes after the game, which gives Bill how long to watch the tape before he made that statement? oh..about zero.

First of all the commentators are just trying to start crap like always just like TO. Vandy is a shark target because of his arrogance. The media just loves to start crap but in this case they have a good reason. He has been missing kicks. But to put that kick on Vandy is WRONG. I say it's pilling on. He brought it on himself but if he had gone say, 11 of 12 for the year then they would have been blaming the line and not him. That's just how it works in this league with the media. You should know that as much as you watch football.

"Three hands right there" what does that tell you, we did not BLOCK them well.

The press conferences were on Mon. Tue. and Wed. and in all of them they talked about Colombo not blocking to his left instead blocking down to his right. It was talked about for ever and everyone agrees, other than you and the media that the kick had no chance of getting past the UNBLOCKED player period.

"Three hands right there" what does that tell you, we did not BLOCK them well.

actually, it tells me he put the ball out too low. The trajectory was low enough that 3 defenders in a row behind each other had a real shot at the ball. Shouldn't it be too high for the last guy to get too if he's all the way in the back? yes.

actually, it tells me he put the ball out too low. The trajectory was low enough that 3 defenders in a row behind each other had a real shot at the ball. Shouldn't it be too high for the last guy to get too if he's all the way in the back? yes.

The guy who blocked it had to jump and HE was in the backfield. Whatever, that's all I will say on the subject.

I find it interesting that Romo is being talked about as a great QB yet nobody is pounding this thread like they did the Vick thread a few weeks ago when Vick led his team to two big wins vs. the Steelers and the Bengals.

Yeah, interesting is right. I think it's because people know this guy is good. Real good. He has done something that Brady, Plummer, and Eli couldn't do and that is beat Indy. His play is undeniable as he has won on the road and against the league powerhouse. That speaks for itself, and as for taking it to another level during the Playoffs, I believe he will do just fine.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Just a hunch, but I don't think Cowboyz1 will spend 75% of 10,000 posts defending Romo :D

I don't disagree.

I'd equate this match to Rocky I. The young upstart (Cowboyz1) shows some stuff coming out of the blocks, but Apollo Creed (Medudo) outlasts him. (I'd even say Menudo takes him in a knockout rather than a 15-round decision)

Medudo, a little blood on his face, but still holding the belt, says "Ain't gonna be no rematch"....

...I'm tearin' up already,,,, :D

Edited by Bengal Mania

Yeah, interesting is right. I think it's because people know this guy is good. Real good. He has done something that Brady, Plummer, and Eli couldn't do and that is beat Indy. His play is undeniable as he has won on the road and against the league powerhouse. That speaks for itself, and as for taking it to another level during the Playoffs, I believe he will do just fine.

I think your defense helped in Romos win.

He's clearly better than Peyton Manning.

Clearly better then Both Mannings. :D In fact, Eli loses again tonight to set up a 1st place division battle where Romo and Eli will get to shows who's boss, head to head. Well to be fair Eli and company are a little banged up and there will be more presser on the Giants D. However, it's still Boys vs. Gmen round II.

oh man. you really are a blind homer huh? you're going to credit Romo with the win? Not Barber? Not the DAL Defense getting Manning dirty ALL DAY?

:D

oh man. you really are a blind homer huh? you're going to credit Romo with the win? Not Barber? Not the DAL Defense getting Manning dirty ALL DAY?

:D

I would have liked to be here to read the blather that I'm sure you spewed about Delhomme when he went to Carolina. The guy's excited about his team which is why we all watch the games. Geez......

Todays top 10 posters(I thought Cowboyz1 would be one)

LooGie Oct 8, 2005 2,558 52 2.52%

Azazello1313 Dec 19, 2002 20,233 50 2.42%

skins Aug 24, 2003 23,010 48 2.33%

Ursa Majoris Sep 26, 2003 21,131 47 2.28%

Squeegiebo Dec 3, 2003 18,591 45 2.18%

cliaz Jul 30, 2004 6,960 34 1.65%

AtomicCEO Aug 19, 2001 21,968 31 1.50%

TimC Jun 30, 2001 15,112 31 1.50%

Grits and Shins Jun 30, 2001 35,153 30 1.45%

Sgt. Ryan Jul 8, 2001 11,120 30 1.45%

I would have liked to be here to read the blather that I'm sure you spewed about Delhomme when he went to Carolina. The guy's excited about his team which is why we all watch the games. Geez......

no no no. I am not saying anything negative about Romo, nor anyone liking him. But this guy is not only comparing Romo to Peyton and Palmer, but he called him just as good.

I would not and certainly did not compare Delhomme to any starter of the caliber of Palmer MUCH LESS Peyton, and I still would not.

Todays top 10 posters(I thought Cowboyz1 would be one)

LooGie Oct 8, 2005 2,558 52 2.52%

Azazello1313 Dec 19, 2002 20,233 50 2.42%

skins Aug 24, 2003 23,010 48 2.33%

Ursa Majoris Sep 26, 2003 21,131 47 2.28%

Squeegiebo Dec 3, 2003 18,591 45 2.18%

cliaz Jul 30, 2004 6,960 34 1.65%

AtomicCEO Aug 19, 2001 21,968 31 1.50%

TimC Jun 30, 2001 15,112 31 1.50%

Grits and Shins Jun 30, 2001 35,153 30 1.45%

Sgt. Ryan Jul 8, 2001 11,120 30 1.45%

we here at the huddle have no need for such stats. Psshh..they mean nothing...

psst..I made 2500 posts? sahhhhwweeeet.

Clearly better then Both Mannings. :D In fact, Eli loses again tonight to set up a 1st place division battle where Romo and Eli will get to shows who's boss, head to head. Well to be fair Eli and company are a little banged up and there will be more presser on the Giants D. However, it's still Boys vs. Gmen round II.

At least one Manning for sure......

And the Stage is Set!

I think Romo was 6-6 for 102 yds in the 4th quarter..He may not have thrown any TDs but that is playing big when it counts..It was a team effort though..Great D , running came came alive late..A very satisfying win.

Simply put Vick is better... :D

Ok ok ok Romo is good, so are you & so am I. Took some huddlers advice this morning and benched Kitna for Romo. Didn't see much of the game, but 5 TD's zero interceptions had to be nice especially those two TD's to Barber for a total of 3 yards. Now that's a great FF QB! :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

Ok ok ok Romo is good, so are you & so am I. Took some huddlers advice this morning and benched Kitna for Romo. Didn't see much of the game, but 5 TD's zero interceptions had to be nice especially those two TD's to Barber for a total of 3 yards. Now that's a great FF QB! :D

Good for you Rocker, I knew you would see it my way. :D

If Parcells wasn't such a compassionate guy, Romo would have had 6 TD passes and broke Aikman's record. I agree with Parcells though when he said "I've been on the other side of a few of those", meaning blow outs and shows some mercy in games. However, it is nice to see the Boys crush a team they should beat like they did today. No letting them hang around like in seasons past.