[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wali Lundy

MrTed46

Kubiak says that Lundy is the clear starter and that Gado is just in there to spell him. But it looks like a RBBC and smells like a RBBC, so I am gonna call it a RBBC the reat of the way, myself.

Kubiak says that Lundy is the clear starter and that Gado is just in there to spell him. But it looks like a RBBC and smells like a RBBC, so I am gonna call it a RBBC the reat of the way, myself.

I hate Gado...hated him last year hate him now. Its a shame Lundy got hurt because I think he would have had monster stats yesterday and Gado would have seen half the touches he saw.

• 2 weeks later...

Not wishing for bad things, but I need one or the other, to suddenly become ineffective.

How about a medium case of turf toe? :D

You might have just got your wish. :D

Wali Lundy may be inactive for Sunday's game at Oakland.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak hinted Thursday that either Samkon Gado or Lundy might be down depending on the availability of fullback Jameel Cook (knee). If Lundy is up, his role appears likely to be diminished.

Lundy is not on the injury report....but Jameel Cook is listed as probable....he practiced but not participate in 11 on 11 thursday or friday....

The issue is the hint that Lundy or Gado may get deactivated depending on Cook's status.

Edited by Gunther

Getting back to the team's poor rushing effort. ... While much of the credit can go to the Jets' defense, Kubiak also wasn't afraid to place some of the blame on his two running backs Monday. Both Lundy and Gado did not have their best games of the season, according to their head coach.

"They did not play well, either one of them, and I told them that today," Kubiak said. "Did they have enough carries? No, that's my fault, but they're both better than they played and we're not always going to block every one of them. They have to make somebody miss, and I want them both to play better this week."

Kubiak also added that rookie Chris Taylor could see his first NFL action in the coming weeks. When asked if Taylor might get some carries over the next month, Kubiak hinted that Taylor should expect to play.

"Yeah, that's something we discussed here today," Kubiak said. "I think he needs some carries for this football team to evaluate him over the next five weeks for the future. ..."

Meanwhile, The Sporting News pointed out on Monday that the Texans might not be able to run the ball, but Oakland can't stop the rush. The Raiders are strong in the red zone and Lundy has shown a knack for getting into the end zone.

Something's got to give. If nothing else, Lundy is likely to get more than the 11 carries he got last week against the Jets. ...

Fullback Jameel Cook's lack of experience carrying the ball has hurt him and the team.

In his first year with the team after five with the Bucs, he had the first two fumbles of his career -- and both were costly. Each ended a drive that could have turned the game for the Texans. ...

Edited by Grits and Shins

(on RB Chris Taylor) “I’m definitely going to play him before the year is out, whether that be this week, I don’t know. I still want to see the kid play, but I still want to look at (RB) Ronny (Dayne) and (RB) Samkon (Gado). (RB) Wali (Lundy) needs to continue to improve and get better. I need to take as many reps to look at him as I can. There will come a time with Chris, whether it be this week or not, I can’t say right now.”

Head coach Gary Kubiak spoke to the media after practice on Thursday.

This is a crazy Denver-like situation, except the payoff seems much less. Probably Lundy or Gado would suffice, if they just gave either a fair shake at the job.

Has anybody ever considered using Dayne as FB? Like a naked Hank Azaria once said, maybe all these years he couldn't hide that he is just a hippo...

But to be a good FB, like Mack Strong or Larry Centers was, you need to be a great blocker and catch passes. I don't know if that's Dayne, all I've seen of him are crappy YPC averages.

Anyway, FBs seem to have long, good careers. Much less taxing than the RB position.

This is a crazy Denver-like situation, except the payoff seems much less. Probably Lundy or Gado would suffice, if they just gave either a fair shake at the job.

Has anybody ever considered using Dayne as FB? Like a naked Hank Azaria once said, maybe all these years he couldn't hide that he is just a hippo...

But to be a good FB, like Mack Strong or Larry Centers was, you need to be a great blocker and catch passes. I don't know if that's Dayne, all I've seen of him are crappy YPC averages.

Anyway, FBs seem to have long, good careers. Much less taxing than the RB position.

Dayne went to WI so he didn't have to be a FB. Doubt he'd make a good FB.

jeez......sounds like Kubiak is using real games like a practice field......if i were the owner i'd be like " figure your talent out during the week azzhole and give me the best to win Sunday"....... :D

Startin Maroney over Lundy....thanks to Gary & the Lions that was easy...... :D

Edited by nuke'em ttg

jeez......sounds like Kubiak is using real games like a practice field......if i were the owner i'd be like " figure your talent out during the week azzhole and give me the best to win Sunday"....... :D

Startin Maroney over Lundy....thanks to Gary & the Lions that was easy...... :D

I have the same thing going on....starting Maroney this week...

however, Lundy was the better play in my local last week....and the previous week I believe...