[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playing multiple offensive players

Slugs

With Deanglo Williams breaking through this week & the woeful Redskins on the horizon, I am comtemplating playing DeAngelo, Steve Smith & Jake D.

Our other QB is Brett. Our RB options are M. Bell, Drew-Jones, Fragile Fred, Brandon Jacobs & Leon Washington.

Has anyone ever played more than 2 offensive players from the same team & if so - any words of wisdom? Or am I completely looped? :D

I wished I'd have done it last week in my local TD-only league. If I'd have played S. Wallace along with

SA, DJax, and J. Brown I'd have won by 2 points against the league leader who was cocky as hell. I played Grossman and lost by 7. :D

I usually don't like to do this unless the matchup is good or great. If it ends up a dud game then you're screwed. You have a great matchup there, but proceed at your own risk.

I did it the entire season last year with C. palmer. TJ Housh and Rudi and It was an awesome combination to have. If you really like the match up I say go for it. But what's the story with Foster? It looks like you have some pretty decent options with Jones-Drew and M. Bell (assuming he starts again)

In my dynasty league, i start Chad, Rudi, and Shayne Graham every week.....and Philip Rivers and Tomlinson. Needless to say its been a very successful lineup....even without Chad, Rudi, Graham, and Rivers.

I guess it all depends on who the players are and what the matchup is. I think you go with the best players regardless of the situation.

ASYS, if those studs happen to be from the same team, go for it. I've got Rivers, LT and Gates in one league (9-2) and Carson, Rudi and T.J. in another (8-3) and even Ben, Willie and Hines in one (4-7), but if you've got better options don't let the "hookups" and matchups dominate your thinking.

I've started Jon Kitna, Kevin Jones, and Roy Williams a number of times this season on the same team. It has been ok, but not great. I prefer more diversity on my roster, but I have not been able to get anybody to trade with me at all this season in any of my leagues (at least that's what it seems like).

It ain't for lack of trying. :bash:

I have sent out more trade offers this year than probably all other years combined... some have been good offers, and some have been slanted towards me as a means of beginning negotiations, but nobody has wanted to deal with me. I've even gotten pretty creative in some of my offers too, but still no go. :D

Guess next year I'll just have to draft better players to begin with! :D

Until two weeks ago I had Chad, Carson, and Rudi. Yep, traded Chad. The whole TRIO thing didn't work out for me at all. I've also started Westbrook and LJ Smith all season with good success, and my kicker & #1 WR are on the same team as well (Holt & Wilkins). So until two weeks ago, my best 8-player starting lineup had...3 Bengals, 2 Eagles, 2 Rams & a Bear. I'm an animal lover.