[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Screw this year! Who the better keeper?

wolfdigger

Thanks for the reply.

I think you have to trust that Leinart will grow into his position better at the start of next year.

I think that Arizona can't ignore their O-line woes much longer and will probably address them in the off-season. Having Matt as the clear #1 in preseason will probably help him establish an even better connection with both Fitz and Quan. Roethlisberger will probably always feel some sort of lingering effects of his concussions and that would scare me.

My vote goes to Leinart. I think he will be much better next year.

From a fantasy perspective, I think you have to roll the dice with Leinart ... but based on Arizona's long history of NOT addressing their needs to improve the team, you'll have to cross your fingers that Leinart does not end up being another Archie Manning/Norm Snead/Dennis Shaw kind of QB that shows flashes of greatness but can never truly reach his potential given the dismal team situation that surrounds him for the duration of his NFL career.

Agreed. I think Leinart is the better keeper. It seems to me that Cowher would rather have Roethlisberger be a game manager and not have to put up gaudy numbers. Leinart has the better receivers, plays in nicer weather and hasn't shown all that he can do yet.

Cowher will NOT be making the calls as he will retire at the end of the year, his house is up for sale right now and he is looking to spent more QT with his family. That does not mean that a pass-happy coach comes in behind him, but there will be changes you need to review before you make this call!!!! :D