[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NPR Radio...

Mr. Pennypacker

Listen to this show with my dad all the time when we go up to hunt or camp at our property. Heard it on Sirius Satellite Radio the other day and was wondering if anyone else listens to this show and enjoys it.

http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/

No home companion, but I do listen to NPR. My favorite is the Diane Reim Show, weekdays from 10-12. It's become pretty much my sole source of news. I highly recommend it.

Me too, but have listened to Prairie Home occassionally. Keillor os a good interview and writer as well.

Ive never heard Praire Home Companion but I do listen to NPR alot. I also listen to the BBC radio some. Today they had a round table with 3 Isreali 16 year olds and 3 Palestinian 16 year olds. If anybody thinks that the Jews and Palestianians can ever live in peace as one nation, listening to the sheer hatred in those kids voices would quickly disabuse even the most ardent peace process supporter of that notion. :D

Diane Reim sounds like she is ready to kick the bucket every day. What is she, 120?

:D Yeah, she sounds awful. That was actually what first got me to listen to because I was incredulous that a woman with a voice like that would actually be on the radio. She's an older lady, but from the looks of her picture on the website, she's aged pretty well. She always has good guests and presents both sides of whatever issue being discussed. It really is good radio.

Funny thing is, Garrison Keilor is about the most liberal person in Minnesota (to a contemptable degree) but his show is absolutely hilarious, and to his credit, relatively politics-free. I don't regularly tune in to PHC, but if I find my self running errands or otherwise out on the road on an early Saturday evening, I will definitely make a point to tune in.

I haven't seen (or am interested in) the movie however.

I listen to Morning Edition, Marketplace, All Things Considered, Car Talk, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

Not PHC though. Too slow.

+1

I like the Leonard Lopet show and Fresh Air as well. (though they might just be WNYC and not all NPR)

Edited by Duchess Jack

Funny thing is, Garrison Keilor is about the most liberal person in Minnesota (to a contemptable degree) but his show is absolutely hilarious, and to his credit, relatively politics-free. I don't regularly tune in to PHC, but if I find my self running errands or otherwise out on the road on an early Saturday evening, I will definitely make a point to tune in.

I haven't seen (or am interested in) the movie however.

My mom loves this guy so I get to listen to his CDs whenever I have to take mom on a trip. Some of his material is very clever (the story about the human flag on the 4th of July is hilarious), and I agree, he is pretty much politics free.

I like Whatta Ya Know? It's a great place to meet, you know, the everyday common folk. :D

:D Yeah, she sounds awful. That was actually what first got me to listen to because I was incredulous that a woman with a voice like that would actually be on the radio. She's an older lady, but from the looks of her picture on the website, she's aged pretty well. She always has good guests and presents both sides of whatever issue being discussed. It really is good radio.

Oh yeah, that's very hittable. I wonder if it's a recent pic and not already 20 years old? :D