[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rattay named Bucs starter.

MonkeyOne

Exactly.....What do you think they will do in the offseason at QB? Personally, I hope they resign Simms but I can see how that is just as risky as drafting a rookie QB.

I'm interested in this offseason discussion too... I have Gradkowski in a dynasty that starts 2 QBs (so any possible starter is worth something) and am trying to decide if he is worth keeping around. Could also pick up Luke McCown or Rattay, but haven't heard anything that suggests either of them could be the guy...

Seems like they either A) resign Simms or :D draft someone in round 1, with Rattay/Gradkowski/McCown battling it out to be the beginning of the year starter. Probably depends on whether or not Gruden is back--- if he gets fired, I see them going with someone not already on the roster.

I'm interested in this offseason discussion too... I have Gradkowski in a dynasty that starts 2 QBs (so any possible starter is worth something) and am trying to decide if he is worth keeping around. Could also pick up Luke McCown or Rattay, but haven't heard anything that suggests either of them could be the guy...

Seems like they either A) resign Simms or :D draft someone in round 1, with Rattay/Gradkowski/McCown battling it out to be the beginning of the year starter. Probably depends on whether or not Gruden is back--- if he gets fired, I see them going with someone not already on the roster.

Well, where to begin...

Luke McCown- For some reason, Gruden loves this guy. He tore his ACL before training camp and just made it back a couple weeks back from the PUP list. Word is that he is not really back to playing form so I doubt we will see him at all in the last couple of games. IMO, not worth keeping around on your team.

Tim Rattay- While he looked good last week, I'm just not sold on him. If he lights it up the next couple of weeks then I might change my mind, until that, again not worth keeping around on your team.

Grads- This poor guy had the impossible task of figuring out Gruden's playbook as well as figuring out how to play QB in the NFL. He has shown some promise amongst many rookie mistakes. I honestly think Gruden is feeling a little heat and that is why Rattay was put in. Gradkowski could very well win the starting job next year but your guess is as good as mine.

Simms- The Bucs obviously want him back because they offered him a 2 year contract extension a couple weeks ago. However, it looks like Simms is going to test the free agent waters. I dont see a better option around for Simms other than Tampa. It would be shocking for me to see another team over-pay for him because he really hasnt showed too much. However, I have faith in him and he is one tough SOB. Who ruptures a spleen in the middle of a game and keeps playing?

Draft Pick QB- This could very well be the way they go. If Quinn is on the board at the Bucs pick I just cant see Gruden passing on him. The guy just loves QB's. However, his system is so complex that it takes people almost a full season to understand it.

As for Guden being back or not, I think he gets one more year to turn it around. He will have a slew of draft picks this coming draft and almost 25 million in cap room. Make some good picks that actually make an impact and sign some free agents and maybe they will be back in business. I saw somewhere that their O-Line is the youngest in the league so hopefully they will continue to mest and turn it around soon.

Well, where to begin...

Luke McCown- For some reason, Gruden loves this guy. He tore his ACL before training camp and just made it back a couple weeks back from the PUP list. Word is that he is not really back to playing form so I doubt we will see him at all in the last couple of games. IMO, not worth keeping around on your team.

Tim Rattay- While he looked good last week, I'm just not sold on him. If he lights it up the next couple of weeks then I might change my mind, until that, again not worth keeping around on your team.

Grads- This poor guy had the impossible task of figuring out Gruden's playbook as well as figuring out how to play QB in the NFL. He has shown some promise amongst many rookie mistakes. I honestly think Gruden is feeling a little heat and that is why Rattay was put in. Gradkowski could very well win the starting job next year but your guess is as good as mine.

Simms- The Bucs obviously want him back because they offered him a 2 year contract extension a couple weeks ago. However, it looks like Simms is going to test the free agent waters. I dont see a better option around for Simms other than Tampa. It would be shocking for me to see another team over-pay for him because he really hasnt showed too much. However, I have faith in him and he is one tough SOB. Who ruptures a spleen in the middle of a game and keeps playing?

Draft Pick QB- This could very well be the way they go. If Quinn is on the board at the Bucs pick I just cant see Gruden passing on him. The guy just loves QB's. However, his system is so complex that it takes people almost a full season to understand it.

As for Guden being back or not, I think he gets one more year to turn it around. He will have a slew of draft picks this coming draft and almost 25 million in cap room. Make some good picks that actually make an impact and sign some free agents and maybe they will be back in business. I saw somewhere that their O-Line is the youngest in the league so hopefully they will continue to mest and turn it around soon.

Thanks for the rundown... I posted some of the other guys I'm considering in the advice column. I'd appreciate any opinion if you have a chance.

Granted, as a Packer and Raider fan I don't like the Bucs and hope Gruden rots in h&ll, but remember what won you a SB, defense and a good running game. You have a QB on your roster (if not 2 or 3) who can be at least as good as Brad Johnson. Draft some D and you'll get better.

I'm thinking Clayton may be a bust, but w/ better QB play, he might improve next year.