[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins?

Randall

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Dallas
    • Seattle

I think Seattle rallies the troops, and gets it done. Not pretty, but something like......

Sea 20

Dal 17

Qwest field will be outta control and loud

Boys are a mess- don't see them coming out with a W

Seattle could make this one ugly for Dallas if Romo wilts in front of a crazed Qwest crowd.

As long as the Walrus remembers that Shaun Alexander is healthy and they paid him all that money for a reason - in other words RUN THE DAMN BALL.

Seattle could make this one ugly for Dallas if Romo wilts in front of a crazed Qwest crowd.

As long as the Walrus remembers that Shaun Alexander is healthy and they paid him all that money for a reason - in other words RUN THE DAMN BALL.

yep. and you are one of the few here that knows just how loud that nuthouse is. :D

and I totally agree with shaun..... they need to pound him all night. :D

EDITED to ADD -

hawks - 24

boys - 23

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

yep. and you are one of the few here that knows just how loud that nuthouse is. :D

Can't wait. It should be a good game.

Yep please run the damn ball...lets really do a great game of play calling Holmgren...we need you to manage the game better, use the time outs wisely and call the plays. It's gonna be close...down to the wire like many of the hawks games.

A few predictions:

Our first play from scrimmage will be a pass...

Hasselbeck will turn the ball over at least 2x in the first half.

Seattle will give up at least 2 huge plays of 30-40 yards, probably for td's

Seattle will sack Romo at least 5x

Romo will have a pretty respectable day...340yds 1int, 1fum and 3td

Seattle 24, We win by a field goal in the last seconds of the game.

Dallas 21

EDITED to ADD -

hawks - 24

boys - 23

I agree, no better way to control the time of possession & keep our DB's off the field than to run Shaun all night long!

Hey Fraz, if I swing by the suite, can I borrow some Grey Poupon for my hot dog? :bash:

Why do I picture you watching the game while wearing a top hat and monicle?

Edited by Bonehand

Mike Holmgren has never outcoached anyone in a big spot.

I think 1st round of the playoffs is small-stakes enough where Holmgren won't choke up. Plus the Tuna's coaching tank appears pretty empty these days.

Mike Holmgren has never outcoached anyone in a big spot.

Oh, well I thought he did a pretty good job last year against the Panthers....his game plan was sound and they ran the ball and shut down Smith...interms of receiving...that seemed like a pretty big game to me.. :D but I know what you mean...he has had his moments of "WHAT THE ^&&**%$# WERE YOU THINKING"

Hey Fraz, if I swing by the suite, can I borrow some Grey Poupon for my hot dog? :D

Everyone knows you're really Paul Allen. :D Nice try though.

it's not quite that fancy. We are surrounded on both sides by the homey's. :D engram entourage to the left - djax to the right. I think the engram's go into their bathroom & smoke blunts during the game..... there's always a faint smell of Josh Gordon on the patio. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Oh, well I thought he did a pretty good job last year against the Panthers....his game plan was sound and they ran the ball and shut down Smith...interms of receiving...that seemed like a pretty big game to me.. :D but I know what you mean...he has had his moments of "WHAT THE ^&&**%$# WERE YOU THINKING"

I see what you're saying, but in big games, it's always seemed to me that if his players and/or assistants don't take care of business, when it falls on Holmgren IN-GAME to adjust or rally the troops or call an unexpected play, well, it ain't gonna happen. Just my take on some of Holmgren's playoff games:

1992, week 17 - Green Bay went into the final game of the season needing a win to maybe snag the division and get a playoff berth, they got crushed 27-7

1993 - beat Det 28-24 in the first round of the playoffs; the guy he theoretically outcoached was Wayne Fontes, and Green Bay's two big plays were a 101-yd int return and an insanely ill-advised 40-some yd td pass from Favre to Sharpe with less than a minute left. The players pretty clearly won that game.

1994 - beat Det 16-12 at Lambeau; this is the one where the D held Sanders to (-1) yds rushing.

1995, week 17 - a loss gives Det the division title; Pitt had this game won up to the point a wide-open Yancy Thigpen dropped the winning td in the end zone with under a minute left, giving GB a 24-19 win

- divisional round of the playoffs - masterful in all phases - coaching AND execution by the players - in beating SF 27-17

1996 - barely a close game in the bunch. They arguably passed too much in a week 7 OT win over SF

1997 - favored to win their 2nd SB in a row, the team played tight as a drum all season. They lost to a bad Philly team 9-10 in week 2, and Favre cost them the other 2 losses; CLEARLY outcoached on several levels by Shanny - in preparation and on gameday - Dorsey Levens was having a terrific game, but he called 20 runs and over 40 passes in a close game. :D

1998 - the 30-27 playoff loss vs SF was failure of the defense, not on Holmgren

2003 - lost 33-27 to GB in OT when Hasselbeck threw an int returned for a td; tough to blame Holmgren for that. Seattle had a GREAT comeback in this game

2004 - lost 20-27 to a middlin' St Louis team in the playoffs

2005 - loath as I am to set things off again, there's plenty of blame to go around in that SB loss to Pitt, and a good chunk of it lies squarely with Holmgren for CRIMINALLY underusing Shaun Alexander during the game, much like Levens in 97.

Oh, to put the last post in perspective, yeah, I KNOW Holmgren has forgotten more about virtually any small part of football than I will ever know, but I've always had a perception that he tightens up in big games, and his teams tighten up because of him, and I have NEVER seen that refuted.

The best Seattle can hope for in big games is that Hasselbeck - who has an almost-c0ckiness about him, and some swagger - can counteract Holmgren's tension.

Oh, to put the last post in perspective, yeah, I KNOW Holmgren has forgotten more about virtually any small part of football than I will ever know, but I've always had a perception that he tightens up in big games, and his teams tighten up because of him, and I have NEVER seen that refuted.

The best Seattle can hope for in big games is that Hasselbeck - who has an almost-c0ckiness about him, and some swagger - can counteract Holmgren's tension.

hopefully it doesn't go into OT and the Hawks win the toss.........tension/c0cky....... :D

hopefully it doesn't go into OT and the Hawks win the toss.........tension/c0cky....... :D

Maybe I'm a bit of an apologist here, and there's no excusing the result there, but let's look at the situation:

- Hass comes out for the toss, Seattle had a TON of momentum going into OT, having made a big comeback in the 4th quarter (I was at the game and when the 4th ended, my buddy Polish Dan was sitting there with his head in his hands going "oh man, we're gonna lose, we're gonna lose..."); I forget exactly who it was, but the Green Bay captains were some buddies of Hasselbeck's, so when they won the toss, he decided to twist the knife a bit and give them some guff.

I'd rather have a QB who's confident, enjoying the moment, and able to have some fun with it than a guy standing on the sideline with an ash-white face thinking "don't screw up don't screw up..."; It'd be different if Hasselbeck had a rep as a goof-off but by all accounts he's a hardworking, conscientious, and coachable player.

My prediction is Seattles secondary will not be able to stop Glenn and T.O along with Witten. Seattles Defensive line can only hope the Tuna doesn't go the other way though and run it up their friggin guts giving one of the Plowboy RB's a career day like many have had doing just that this year.

That being said you have a Plowboy Defense whose Safeties couldn't cover a drunkin' Frazia let alone Branch and Engram. Look for Bobby to get Mikes love a lot today and the celebrating to be hugh in the suites. Add the fact that they haven't been able to pressure the QB at all lately and I see a shootout. With the 12th man booing and screaming support while jumping on and off the blue and green bandwagon though still making a difference when needed. Comes down to a late Josh Brown FG and as always he makes it.

Hawks 34 Plowboys 33

Edited by Hugh B Tool