[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top Chef - Season 2 - Discussion WITH SPOILERS

untateve

For those watching Season 2, what the flokk is with these chefs?

I've never seen so many people throw each other under the bus. Last night, they ask Cliff if he should go and he says 'no.' Okay, I'm fine with that. Then the judges ask cliff who should go and he says "pick one of them" indicating either elia or marcel. They were part of his team. How do you do that to someone on your team and have any self-respect?!? At a minimum he could have said something like, "I know marcel and elia worked really hard and I was proud to be a member of their team. I wouldn't choose either of them to go home. I didn't work with the three chefs on the other team so I can't say who should go home."

Just about every week, someone is classless. Last week, Ilan insults Marcel's course to the dinner guests? How the hell do you run down someone's course to the people you are trying to please? How do you look in the mirror after that?

Are all you chefs like that? [joke]

I clearly see mikey as in over his head but how do you let a "chef" stay who serves undercooked chicken (marcel)? I'll accept an olive pit on my table much better than salmonella.

Last year I was rooting for Harold. This year, I guess I want elia to win as she seems the most like a human compared to others.

Maybe I'm too involved in this show. I need a beer.

i wonder if they are taking notes from last year where i think a lot of people were more "noble." kitchens are pretty cohesive in general because you go through a little hell together. due to the competition, they might be less inclined to hold their tongues with the judges. plus, it seems like marcel cast himself into the villan role early... and they are happy to boot him. ripping on his dish to the group was pretty crappy and surprised me...i expected more from him. mike is pretty lousy and was lucky to still be in it.

my favorites to win: sam and ilan

• 2 weeks later...

I don't agree at all about their choices for the final 2. It appears that they don't collectively look at the chef's overall performance for the entire season. I think Marcel nailed it on this weeks episode but as a whole I don't think he deserved to be in the final 2.

I was also reading an article that stated that most of Ilans recipes or variations can be found at the restuarant he works at. I understand that you do what you know but that should only get you so far.

It seems more like they picked the top 2 because of their bad blood more than anything. Maybe the producers picked them just to boost ratings for the final.

From what I've read on other boards the ratings may drop. People are outraged by it and have no desire to watch it anymore. I think the main complaint is that they put more emphasis on drama this season and not the food.

I knew things were screwed up when they automatically paired Marcel up with the girl and Ilan with Sam for elimination. You pair sam up against the other 2 he's in but his pairing made for better TV. :D

there has been too much focus on the drama.

However, I think ilan is piece of shilt and wish he had not gone through. elia was a whiny billtch and I'm glad she's gone.

marcel is an azzshole but he really didn't sink to the level of some of the others who didn't like him. sam, overall, seemed like he had good leadership qualities and could run a kitchen. the other 3 of the final four don't present as capable of doing this.

season one was much better. I hope season 3 focuses more on cooking and less on the bullshillt.

However, I think ilan is piece of shilt and wish he had not gone through. elia was a whiny billtch and I'm glad she's gone.

marcel is an azzshole but he really didn't sink to the level of some of the others who didn't like him. sam, overall, seemed like he had good leadership qualities and could run a kitchen. the other 3 of the final four don't present as capable of doing this.

season one was much better. I hope season 3 focuses more on cooking and less on the bullshillt.

agreed

The thing I have hated about these two the whole season is how immature they are. Elia especially. They are like 23 and 24 respectively, and the whining, the whining, the whining! Even in that last episode they start a half-assed whine about "cheating" that marcel was doing, and when confronted on it, they can't finish the deal. Bogus.

Marcel is technically, probably the most well-rounded and "educated" of the contestants this season. I just doubt anyone would hire him to run a kitchen because he's such a twerp.

I agree with the sentiment regarding Sam. He was the best candidate all season long. Notice how they edited in a "complaint" about Sam's dish in the last episode? The hot chick, the bitchy chick, and the Hawaiian guy all said good things about his stuff, then the bald guy says "He didn't cook anything!". Next thing you know he's off the show. Bogus.

I'll watch the finale, but frankly I'm disappointed that I'll have to root for Marcel.

The thing I have hated about these two the whole season is how immature they are. Elia especially. They are like 23 and 24 respectively, and the whining, the whining, the whining! Even in that last episode they start a half-assed whine about "cheating" that marcel was doing, and when confronted on it, they can't finish the deal. Bogus.

Marcel is technically, probably the most well-rounded and "educated" of the contestants this season. I just doubt anyone would hire him to run a kitchen because he's such a twerp.

I agree with the sentiment regarding Sam. He was the best candidate all season long. Notice how they edited in a "complaint" about Sam's dish in the last episode? The hot chick, the bitchy chick, and the Hawaiian guy all said good things about his stuff, then the bald guy says "He didn't cook anything!". Next thing you know he's off the show. Bogus.

I'll watch the finale, but frankly I'm disappointed that I'll have to root for Marcel.

+1 on all of the above. :D

I knew things were screwed up when they automatically paired Marcel up with the girl and Ilan with Sam for elimination. You pair sam up against the other 2 he's in but his pairing made for better TV. :D

i saw what i think you're talking about, and i don't think that's what was going on. i think they sorta concluded based on that one challenge that marcel clearly did the best and the chick did the worst. so they sorta said, ok, he's in, she's out, that leaves sam and ilan.