[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbaro

Hugh-mongus

Please feel free to link to the last "bothersome" post you had to read about my family.

Didn't look real hard, but here are a couple:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...58121&hl=family

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...54728&hl=family

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...974&hl=baseball

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...39697&hl=karate

FWIW, they never bothered me, I mean, anyone can post anything they want here, and if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I have to go on record with how I am feeling right now.

Am I sad that Barbaro passed? I would say that sad is the wrong word. I am not upset but I am thinking that it sucks that he did not make it. I would have liked to see him make it. Hell, I would have loved to somehow see him back on a race track. Then I would have liked to see an ABC movie of the week about Barbaro.

What is really making me scratch my head is why anyone would post over and over in this thread to suggest that there is something wrong with someone suggesting that it is 'sad' that Barbaro did not make it. :D

Again if makes you feel superior to berate me by calling me "heartless" because I don't :D when every television personality dies ... more power to you.

I was wrong to call you heartless. As I thought about it more, I recalled that you do apparently have a lot of feeling for your family. So that was wrong of me.

Please feel free to link to the last "bothersome" post you had to read about my family.

You miss the point, honey. No one said anything about your family stories being bothersome. The point is that you seem to think that other people should care about you and your family while you say that it is silly for people to care about others who do not impact their own lives.

You are not heartless. You are just incredibly egocentric.

Didn't look real hard, but here are a couple:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...58121&hl=family

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...54728&hl=family

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...974&hl=baseball

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...39697&hl=karate

FWIW, they never bothered me, I mean, anyone can post anything they want here, and if you don't like it, you don't have to read it.

So the best you could do was July of last year? I didn't say I never did it I said I stopped doing it. People here made it clear they weren't interested.

So the best you could do was July of last year? I didn't say I never did it I said I stopped doing it. People here made it clear they weren't interested.

:D You asked for the last one. I gave it to you. You didn't place a time restriction on your original request. :D

Bingo! To the owners, he was nothing more than an investment. They are crying over lost $$$.

while i don't argue this fact at all....i'm sure he had become part of their family. probably should have been done immediately after the race. still sad for race fans and horse lovers.

well, how much clearer do we have to make it that nobody gives a dam whether you're grieving over a dead hoss or not before you shut up about that?

I was wrong to call you heartless. As I thought about it more, I recalled that you do apparently have a lot of feeling for your family. So that was wrong of me.

You miss the point, honey. No one said anything about your family stories being bothersome. The point is that you seem to think that other people should care about you and your family while you say that it is silly for people to care about others who do not impact their own lives.

It is more about being a proud parent than bein egocentric. And once people like you made it clear that you couldn't care less how proud of my children I was I stopped posting what you would call "drivel". As I recall you have recently posted photos of your pets ... does that make you egocentric, or a proud new owner.

Again call me all the names you like if it makes you feel superior to me.

It is more about being a proud parent than bein egocentric. And once people like you made it clear that you couldn't care less how proud of my children I was I stopped posting what you would call "drivel". As I recall you have recently posted photos of your pets ... does that make you egocentric, or a proud new owner.

Again call me all the names you like if it makes you feel superior to me.

I'm not the one saying that people should only care about themselves and their own families. See the difference?

I guess if enough of you made it clear I was not wanted in this community I would leave ... that of course excludes those in the fantasy advice forum that have found their way on to my ignore list.

Well if you put everyone who wants you to leave on your ignore list, then it won't be clear to you when to leave. :D:D

I guess if enough of you made it clear I was not wanted in this community I would leave ... that of course excludes those in the fantasy advice forum that have found their way on to my ignore list.

:D

Really?

:grabstorchandcallsTimCwhohappenstobemasturbatingtoaCorvetteMagazineandiscurrentlyunavailable:

Game, set , match. Way to slam the door squeeg. :D

For the record I enjoy the baseball threads. I miss Coach Julio.

I see both points of views on this topic and I think it's somewhat just semantics at this point although there is a clear distinction between the way Grits feels and the way some others feel about the horse and his death and then most of us fall in the middle somewhere.

I don't care about this horse nor am I sad but I can see others having sadness to some degree but I don't understand the people that sent get well soon cards, stuffed animals (sorry Keg) etc... to the horse.

Any of course I was sad during 9/11 and feel sad and angry when I read about the daily deaths in Iraq.

I'm not the one saying that people should only care about themselves and their own families. See the difference?

See ... I do care for those I know, not just in my family but in my circle of friends as well. If you were "in my circle" you'd know that I'd do just about anything for you, just for the asking ... as long as it was in my power to do it and was not to much of a hardship/burden on my family. I fail to see why I should extend my "caring" beyond my immediate community.

For crying out loud we are talking about a horse here. Please explain to me why I should care about a horse?

Now I know this is where you are going to start talking about other death's that I don't care about, say like Tom Landry. My stance has always been I fail to see why when a famous personality dies I should "care" or "have feelings" over his death. Why is that person's death any different than the bum that died on skid row last night? Why should I feel any more compassion for Landry than the bum? I know ... because Landry's face is splashed all over the news and it is politically correct to do so.

If you feel nothing about the passing of Barbaro, there's nothing wrong with that, IMO.

If you see others expressing disappointment, then mischaracterize their disappointment as crying and grieving, and then criticize them for it, you are an idiot.

If you truly believe that Barbaro's owners' sadness right now is no different than the sadness you felt when your Lucent stock went down to 5, you are also an idiot.

All of sudden after reading this, I have the Mr Ed theme song ringing in my head. :D

Edited by NSab

For crying out loud we are talking about a horse here. Please explain to me why I should care about a horse?

I don't believe anyone here is saying you should care. What people are objecting to is you saying that they should not care, and even going so far as to say there's something wrong with anyone who gives a sh*t about this story.