[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Barbaro

Hugh-mongus

I don't believe anyone here is saying you should care. What people are objecting to is you saying that they should not care, and even going so far as to say there's something wrong with anyone who gives a sh*t about this story.

How empty must their lives be that their happiness hangs on the lives of total strange people and animals?

Edited by Grits and Shins

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A horse is a corpse, of course of course. :bash:

:D Now that's stuck in there instead :D

Correct me if I am wrong ... but wasn't he just a horse?

and you are just a jackass. :huh:

Certainly not for a dead horse.

How sad it must be for those that grieve the loss of a horse not only did they not own but that they never had anything to do with.

The racing community is saddened by this news..People were really hoping this horse pulled through. I dont expect mass suicides because of this but its sad that barbaro didnt pull through.

Are you expecting that he understand? :D

Like Hugh said, just move along, Grits. Some of us around here are more advanced than you.

Couldn't agree more with this!!

Repeat after me - "It was just a horse" Again you are a jackass.

Furthermore, it was a horse that nobody here even came with in 10 feet of touching let alone knowing. It wasn't a loved pet, it was an asset that was well cared for and in which every effort was made to save it's life. When your favorite race car driver wrecks his car do you cry for the poor car too?

Did I condone poor treatment of the animal certainly not, and I don't believe the animal was treated poorly. Rather had it not won the Derby it likely would have been put to death more immediately.

I fail to understand why all you bleeding heart liberals get so weepy when somebody, or in this case a horse, you've seen on television dies. Your interaction with that someone/horse in your daily life was ZERO. Your interaction after that someone/horse in your daily life will be EXACTLY the same after their death. You won't miss a beat in your daily life.

When Tom Landry died somebody please explain to me why I was supposed to feel grief? I'd never met the man, never talked to him and had never been in the same room with him. I had seen him on television coach my favorite team. At his passing he had not been the coach for more than several years and had not even crossed my mind in all that time. So when he died I'm supposed to feel grief?

How do you guys make it through the day with all the :D you do over every Tom, Dick, Harry, Spot, Rover, etc etc that dies on a daily basis?

Fact is I don't feel anyone here is being a crybaby about it but you again. It is simply a human interest story and people with any semblance of a heart feel bad that the horse didn't make after it seemed he might. Like many other events that people read about, as normal human beings we have some type of emotional reaction and then move on which we all have done. You're the only heartless one that feels no normal emotions (I pray for your family nightly) for man or beast other than to act like an immature little boy. Grow up Grits, it's about time!!!! :bash: I don't expect a reasonable response from you to my post, just the thoughtless, stupid remarks you always write or an ignore message, which just further exhibits your lack of intelligence. :tup:

Nobody's weeping, fer Chrissake. Some of us wish the horse had pulled through, that's all. He didn't, he's gone and that's it.

If all you ever care about is yourself, which you have already said is the case, you are a very poor man, in more ways than one.

That's are little boy Gritsy (or Curly as I like to call him) only caring about himself and you expect him to understand the concept of feeling genuine emotions for others. :lol: Not happenin'!!!

I had to put a dog down about 10 years ago. It was a loved family pet that we had owned for 13 years. I was going to be a man about it and not cry ... but I cried on the way to the vet, at the vet, on the way home from the vet and the rest of the day. I not only cried but I wept. It took a solid week before I wasn't weepy just at the thought of him.

So I understand how it feels to lose a loved pet. I dare say nobody here had that kind of relationship Barbaro.

I also did not cry a whit when my neighbor's puppy died.

Again we're not crying over Barbaro we're stating/reading posted facts and having feelings of sadness nowhere to the degree you felt for your dog. It's a simple human interest story, you feel some sadness and then move on. I don't know about you guys but I'm :doh: of explaining simple sh1t to this classless, heartless, hopeless deadbeat!!!

GO AWAY GRITS!!! :clap:

:(

Edited by irish

The horse is corpse and his name is Mr.Ed............

Edited by NSab

How empty must their lives be that their happiness hangs on the lives of total strange people and animals?

How stupid can you possibly be? It's been explained to you umpteen times in this thread that noone here is crying or grieving, there's just a sense of disappointment, and then they move on. And then you characterize it as "their happiness hangs on the lives of total strange people and animals".

Sigh...I'm the idiot here, I should know better than to try and explain anything to Grits.

A horse is a corpse, of course of course. :D

The horse is corpse and his name is Mr.Ed............

Echo Echo Echo

How stupid can you possibly be? It's been explained to you umpteen times in this thread that noone here is crying or grieving, there's just a sense of disappointment, and then they move on. And then you characterize it as "their happiness hangs on the lives of total strange people and animals".

Sigh...I'm the idiot here, I should know better than to try and explain anything to Grits.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink

+ 5,479,645,267,549,725,479,485.967597

BYE GRITS!!! :D:D

i think grits just needs to get off his high horse

:D:D

See ... I do care for those I know, not just in my family but in my circle of friends as well. If you were "in my circle" you'd know that I'd do just about anything for you, just for the asking ... as long as it was in my power to do it and was not to much of a hardship/burden on my family. I fail to see why I should extend my "caring" beyond my immediate community.

For crying out loud we are talking about a horse here. Please explain to me why I should care about a horse?

Now I know this is where you are going to start talking about other death's that I don't care about, say like Tom Landry. My stance has always been I fail to see why when a famous personality dies I should "care" or "have feelings" over his death. Why is that person's death any different than the bum that died on skid row last night? Why should I feel any more compassion for Landry than the bum? I know ... because Landry's face is splashed all over the news and it is politically correct to do so.

No one is saying that you should feel compassion about anyone based on the fact that that person is famous. I myself am constantly annoyed at how much attention people give to celebrities' provate lives. I hate E! and all the other media sources of that crap.

But everyone, famous or not, means something to other people - their own family and circle of friends. People who have compassion understand how they must be feeling and sympathize. That's not a bad quality. It doesn't make you weak. It doesn't make you a sad or depressing person. It is recognition that the world is more than your own small life.

No one gives a crap if you don't care about this horse or Tom Landry. What they care about is the fact that you go out of their way to try to humiliate them for being less self-centered than you are.

No one is saying that you should feel compassion about anyone based on the fact that that person is famous. I myself am constantly annoyed at how much attention people give to celebrities' provate lives. I hate E! and all the other media sources of that crap.

But everyone, famous or not, means something to other people - their own family and circle of friends. People who have compassion understand how they must be feeling and sympathize. That's not a bad quality. It doesn't make you weak. It doesn't make you a sad or depressing person. It is recognition that the world is more than your own small life.

No one gives a crap if you don't care about this horse or Tom Landry. What they care about is the fact that you go out of their way to try to humiliate them for being less self-centered than you are.

WOW, I couldn't have put that better myself!! I love when this ass gets his. It should happen more often like daily, maybe even hourly. :D

grits is a horse of a different color

No, just a horse's ass.

Echo Echo Echo

It was the continuation of the song from head :D

that of course excludes those in the fantasy advice forum that have found their way on to my ignore list.

Except for the fact you're a liar and don't really ignore those people on your so called list

How empty must their lives be that their happiness hangs putting total strangers on their ignore list but not really ignoring them.

Edited by BillyBalata

Except for the fact you're a liar and don't really ignore those people on your so called list

I wonder who that might be?? :D:D Oh ME!!!

:bash:

Hard to believe this thread is still goin'.

I'm happy it is!! He deserves to read everything we're saying. Maybe he'll realize what a jerk he is.

NOT!!! :clap: