[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning has FINALLY passed the torch

Shorttynaz

As the new postseason choker!

In all fairness though, Manning was never given credit for at least trying. It was not completely Rex's fault. The rain didnt help, but those 2 ducks that he threw didnt help either. Oh well. The season is finally over, with the Colts finally the SB champs. The Bears have a team that's strong, and will be one of the NFC's elite for a few years to come. The Colts on the other hand have salary cap problems, and will have to let some key players go. But we finally did it! Now, hopefully we NEVER again have to hear about they will never win one with Manning, along with the "big game choker" comments.

As the new postseason choker!

In all fairness though, Manning was never given credit for at least trying. It was not completely Rex's fault. The rain didnt help, but those 2 ducks that he threw didnt help either. Oh well. The season is finally over, with the Colts finally the SB champs. The Bears have a team that's strong, and will be one of the NFC's elite for a few years to come. The Colts on the other hand have salary cap problems, and will have to let some key players go. But we finally did it! Now, hopefully we NEVER again have to hear about they will never win one with Manning, along with the "big game choker" comments.

Not taking anything anyway from the Colts who fully deserve this win and title but I disagree with you about it not being Rex fault..He completely eliminated any chance the Bears had to win this game..Flopping around and fumbling , gift wrapped INTs. He was horrific in that second half..He kept the Bears D on the field too long..As far as your thread Mannings choking was amplified because of how great he is. Especially in the regular season. I dont think Grossman will be labelled the new choker because he may not get another shot at it..Not saying the Bears wont get there again Im saying he may not be at the helm if they do

I never saw Payton as a choker. The Pats defense had him confused, he got that happy feet nervous look and tried too hard. I didn't think he choked. Not every QB can be Montana or Brady, calm under fire.

As for passing the torch I hope Eli got as taste of this and gets to work at getting better.

What's Grossman's contract status. I believe this is his 4th year in the league. That would mean is contract would be up for renewal soon I'd think...

Contract Information for Rex Grossman

2007: $785,000, 2008: club option. Grossman signed a five-year, $7.6 million deal with a $5 million signing bonus in 2003. He was paid a $1 million bonus in 2007 for leading the Bears to the Super Bowl. If Grossman reaches all of the incentives, he can make between $17-$18 million.

Edited by Randall

Grossman cost the Bears the game before he started throwing picks. At halftime, he had the worst 120 passer rating in the history of the game. Sure 6 for 8 with a TD and no picks but either he or the coaches had drunk so much, "just don't lose the game for us" punch that he refused to look more than 5 yards down field. So those 6 completions led to exactly 32 yards. That's not going to keep a defense very honest when every play is either a run or a 4-5 yard route.

Meanwhile, the Colts opened up the playbook and showed that they could pretty much do what they wanted. Pretty handy when you force the defense to actually defend the entire field rather than the box.

So yes, Chi was in the game going into the 4th but that was on the strength of basically two plays. They weren't going to be able to keep going to that well and Grossman was going to have to look downfield but by that point, his confidence was shot and now was actaully going to have to win the game rather than not lose it. Perhaps that shift is just too hard to make.

Now, maybe it is the coaching staff's fault for putting the shackles on the kid from the get go because I think in a game like this, unless you're confident your D can completely shut down the other team (see Baltimore v NYG), you shouldn't do that to your QB. That said, it is his fault that he made enough mistakes during the season to cause his coaches to doubt him.