[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben

Shorttynaz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to put a winking eye gremlin on that. New keyboard and computer makes typing more challenging. It was a joke dude, just a joke... :D

Notice how I said nice things in the paragraph...

Gotta read the whole thing and stop being so sensitive...

In fairness, your joke was about something completely different then Ben....... :D

It isn't our fault you forgot to put a :bash:

:clap:

Someone said something slightly negative towards Menudo, I have to get to the computer quickly, knocking over children, animals, and anything else in my way to respond with my approval.

Fixed.

I meant to put a winking eye gremlin on that. New keyboard and computer makes typing more challenging. It was a joke dude, just a joke... :D

Notice how I said nice things in the paragraph...

Gotta read the whole thing and stop being so sensitive...

Figured something was up...either that or you've been drinkin' too much Starbucks!

back to the original topic.... :D

hes never really been given the chance to put up "elite" kind of qb numbers. he got to that status in terms of qb rating, but didnt throw enough to get the attractive stats the mannings, bradys, and mcnabbs get. i like a lot of football fans will give him a pass for last season. because of his injuries and that the team was still in offseason mode for way too long.. if it wasnt for ward, parker and a couple others.. god knows what their record would really be. im pretty confident when i say that cowher took it easy on the guys last offseason and during the season. a sort of "farewell" and "thank you" to the guys finally getting the monkey off his back. anyways now im getting off topic.. also a good number of ben's ints were off tipped passes by the wr and late game forced kind of throws. he wasnt anything special this year, but he definitely wasnt a bum.

he has definitely shown he has great poise in crucial situations. he never seems to get rattled. he never points the finger at his teammates and knows how to shake off a bad play and come back firing. at times when there is little to no running game he has done pretty well imo given the circumstances. we had some trouble pass blocking last season, its never really been great since he got there, but horrible last year. i definitely have confidence in him when the offense takes the field with under 2 minutes, down by 6.

we will get a better picture of how good he is when the steelers open up the pass game this year. almost the only times we would go with 4+ wrs was on 3rd down last season. hopefully we can mix some things up and keep defenses guessing a bit more.

Since this is not about Ben directly, but, rather, the great official debate, I guess we know where DMD, an obviously bitter Cowboys fan, sits on the issue.

Also, the fact that this comment came from you, the supposed unbiased leader of this establishment, has Bushwacked pants tight, I'm sure. :D

I thought you were DONE? :D

I thought you were DONE? :D

I said I wasn't saying anything more on the Ben debate, which is why I allowed myself to comment back to DMD regarding the official debate........it was a technicality. :D

we will get a better picture of how good he is when the steelers open up the pass game this year. almost the only times we would go with 4+ wrs was on 3rd down last season. hopefully we can mix some things up and keep defenses guessing a bit more.

Ben has been playing with handcuffs. Very few QBs have to come out, run, run pass and be successfull. The only time I remember the Steelers coming out passing was against Indy and Denver in the playoffs last year. He probably had 2 of his best games ever. :D No wonder Ariens is taking things into his own hands with the playbook and playcalling. Scrap the old predictable stuff and keep a defense guessing...gee what a novel idea :D

Nothin makes Ben elite.

Posted many times about this - he is a middle of the pack QB. Nothing more nothing less, I don't want to even hear that he is hadcuffed in the Pitt offense, the only reason why he put up good QB ratings is BECAUSE of the Steeler running game. Inconsistent, makes poor decisions, and his arm strength is overrated.

best tackling QB in the league though.

Nothin makes Ben elite.

Posted many times about this - he is a middle of the pack QB. Nothing more nothing less, I don't want to even hear that he is hadcuffed in the Pitt offense, the only reason why he put up good QB ratings is BECAUSE of the Steeler running game. Inconsistent, makes poor decisions, and his arm strength is overrated.

NFL is all middle of the pack. You have Brady, Manning and Palmer....then a bunch of Ben type QBs.

But if Ben is only good cause of the Steeler run game, why is he worse of a QB when he has Parker having a pro bowl year.

Ben was the reason the Steelers lost so many games this year and besides what the stereotype says, he had a good deal with winning games in 2004 and 2005.

He is not elite but there are only about 3 elite QBs in the game today so it's not that big a deal.

Edited by SteelerMurf

Nothin makes Ben elite.

Inconistent and making poor decisions describes his season LAST YEAR. He was almost exactly the opposite in his first two years. He was consistent for the most part and made terrific decisions, which is his QB Rating was so good. Dude definitely has very good arm strenght though, I'm not sure where you come up with his lack of arm strength. However, this is coming from the same guy who once told me that Ben was one of the most immobile QB's in the league...... :D

Inconistent and making poor decisions describes his season LAST YEAR. He was almost exactly the opposite in his first two years. He was consistent for the most part and made terrific decisions, which is his QB Rating was so good. Dude definitely has very good arm strenght though, I'm not sure where you come up with his lack of arm strength. However, this is coming from the same guy who once told me that Ben was one of the most immobile QB's in the league...... :D

M - I know you love the guy- and I have nothing against him other than he doesn't impress me. He is definitely immobile- cmon- you seriously calling the 6'5 230 pound dude mobile?? nope. His arm is suspek- I see him throw wounded ducks that float forever.

M - we have been thru this - and I listed 14 or 15 QB's I would rather have in the league - I don't think this is news to anyone outside the 'Burgh. I do have him ahead of Rex Grossman though.

NFL is all middle of the pack. You have Brady, Manning and Palmer....then a bunch of Ben type QBs.

But if Ben is only good cause of the Steeler run game, why is he worse of a QB when he has Parker having a pro bowl year.

Ben was the reason the Steelers lost so many games this year and besides what the stereotype says, he had a good deal with winning games in 2004 and 2005.

He is not elite but there are only about 3 elite QBs in the game today so it's not that big a deal.

not really- middle of the pack is 15th - right where the big oaf belongs

M - I know you love the guy- and I have nothing against him other than he doesn't impress me. He is definitely immobile- cmon- you seriously calling the 6'5 230 pound dude mobile?? nope. His arm is suspek- I see him throw wounded ducks that float forever.

M - we have been thru this - and I listed 14 or 15 QB's I would rather have in the league - I don't think this is news to anyone outside the 'Burgh. I do have him ahead of Rex Grossman though.

Calling him immobile shows that you haven't watched him. Case closed.

shall you and i really open the debate and extend this 2-3 more pages? :D

Absolutely not. I think we know where we stand. Roethlisberger has a lot of career left, lets just see what happens.....

Absolutely not. I think we know where we stand. Roethlisberger has a lot of career left, lets just see what happens.....

:D

i am very much ok with that :D

plus you know i don't think last year was an accurate account of his abilites.

not really- middle of the pack is 15th - right where the big oaf belongs

Check out his QB rating, first year finished like 5th and 2nd year he was like 3rd in QB rating.

He has great pocket presence for a big oaf and can move.

If everyone wants to judge him based off last year's injury riddled season, go right ahead. Haters will only look at year #3 while supporters will look at his first 2 years of his career (one of the most successfull in the history of the league). While unbiased onlookers will wait another year or 2 before making a decision.

But why anyone would take 1 year as more important than the other 2, is beyond me, especially with his legit serious injuries.

M - I know you love the guy- and I have nothing against him other than he doesn't impress me. He is definitely immobile- cmon- you seriously calling the 6'5 230 pound dude mobile??

you just lost a lot of credibility in this thread with that comment. his ability to escape tacklers and make plays with his feet could arguably be his best asset. can he run like vick, hell no.. he has a strange elusiveness about him. hes got deceptive speed that probably helps defenders underestimate his ability to escape.