[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Perception

godtomsatan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head I can rank 11 WRs above DJax

Holt

Owens

Harrison

Chad Johnson

Steve Smith

Boldin

Fitzgerald

Roy Williams

Andre Johnson

Javon Walker

Reggie Wayne

I'm not trying to take anything away from Jackson. I'd take him as my #2 on probably all but 2 teams in the league (IND and AZ). He's a solid #1 on better than half the teams out there. However IMO I can think of 3 more guys I'd include in this list (to be above Jackson) IF this is just based on talent.

R Moss

D Driver

M Colston (kinda walking the line with this one - only a rookie, but he looks like a STUD in the making with his breakaway speed, and the glue that he has on his hands).

Holy crap! Take off the mega-sized blue & green sunglasses. Do you even watch any football other than Seahawks games?

If Jackson were one of the top 5 WRs in the league, this thread wouldn't exist. That Jackson is costing SEA $4M a year against the cap, give or take, and they are looking at moving him somewhere because of that tells you what his value is in SEA right off the bat.

If Jackson were truly a dependable top 10 WR, SEA wouldn't even blink at a $4M cap hit every year from him.

That was my point too but I was told since this was a hypothetical argument that actual stats didn't matter. I was told that IF he was healthy he would be top 5-10. My whole point is that he has not been healthy so he doesn't desrve a lable of top 10 when he clearly does not have the stats to back that up. I don't care if he goes off in 8 games a year. If he doesn't play the other 8 games for whatever reason he is well below a top 10 WR.

That was my point too but I was told since this was a hypothetical argument that actual stats didn't matter. I was told that IF he was healthy he would be top 5-10. My whole point is that he has not been healthy so he doesn't desrve a lable of top 10 when he clearly does not have the stats to back that up. I don't care if he goes off in 8 games a year. If he doesn't play the other 8 games for whatever reason he is well below a top 10 WR.

:D

How could you say Javon Walker is a better reciever than Darrel Jackson? I looked up his stats from 2005 and he had 4 receptions for 27 yards and no TD's. Unless the numbers I looked up were wrong, those are the facts. If he can't stay healthy then he can't produce that was a problem. You can't just ignore the fact that he was hurt. What good was he when he was hurt? I don't care if he goes off with those 4 catches, when he was hurt the rest of the year what good was he?

How could you say Javon Walker is a better reciever than Darrel Jackson? I looked up his stats from 2005 and he had 4 receptions for 27 yards and no TD's. Unless the numbers I looked up were wrong, those are the facts. If he can't stay healthy then he can't produce that was a problem. You can't just ignore the fact that he was hurt. What good was he when he was hurt? I don't care if he goes off with those 4 catches, when he was hurt the rest of the year what good was he?

Touche. As I stated though, those names were off the top of my head. And the stats I looked up still have Djax as a top 20 WR at best which means there are about 19 other WRs who have put up better numbers over the last three years, injured or not. Guys like Moulds, Ward, Plaxico, etc. I believe are above Djax over the last three years.

Holy crap! Take off the mega-sized blue & green sunglasses. Do you even watch any football other than Seahawks games?

If Jackson were one of the top 5 WRs in the league, this thread wouldn't exist. That Jackson is costing SEA $4M a year against the cap, give or take, and they are looking at moving him somewhere because of that tells you what his value is in SEA right off the bat.

If Jackson were truly a dependable top 10 WR, SEA wouldn't even blink at a $4M cap hit every year from him.

The Seahawks AREN'T blinking at Jacksons 4 Mil. I don't understand where some of you are coming up with this stuff. Nobody in Seattle has even come remotely close to saying they are shopping Jackson. They understand how absurd this whole thing is. If Deion Branch had even an o.k. year, they might entertain shopping Jackson. He didn't. Branch was AWFUL. As I have stated, Branch is on his way to being this team's #4 receiver next year. 4 Million for a guy of Jackson's talent at that position is an absolute steal, you guys are making this whole argument up out of thin air, and it is starting to get pretty annoying. How bout next we start the "trade Plaxico Burress or Santana Moss or Laveraneus Coles thread". You just don't cut your #1 receiver. Has it ever happened before?!??! Get a clue.

The Seahawks AREN'T blinking at Jacksons 4 Mil. I don't understand where some of you are coming up with this stuff. Nobody in Seattle has even come remotely close to saying they are shopping Jackson. They understand how absurd this whole thing is. If Deion Branch had even an o.k. year, they might entertain shopping Jackson. He didn't. Branch was AWFUL. As I have stated, Branch is on his way to being this team's #4 receiver next year. 4 Million for a guy of Jackson's talent at that position is an absolute steal, you guys are making this whole argument up out of thin air, and it is starting to get pretty annoying. How bout next we start the "trade Plaxico Burress or Santana Moss or Laveraneus Coles thread". You just don't cut your #1 receiver. Has it ever happened before?!??! Get a clue.

Actually weren't Coles and Santana Moss traded for each other? Either way, I think the point is that although Jackson is clearly the #1 in Seatlle and a very good WR, he is not a top 5-10 WR in the NFL. I know some people will say this thread was based on that fact that IF Djax wasn't injured then he would be a top 5-10 WR. I won't argue with that because that is merely opinion and I don't necessarily disagree either. It has been mentioned that Djax is underrated because he has been injured, but those same people may be overrating him for the same reason. Who knows if he would have put up similar number in the games he missed as in the games he played? That being said, if the Seahawks do cut him I would like to see the Eagles sign him if Stallworth leaves.

Really? Perhaps you could expound a bit on where I misunderstood your inclination that Jackson was a top 5 WR over the past 4 years.

All my free time is committed for the short term. I'm trying to teach my dog that the "other dog" in the mirror isn't really another dog and just because it looks like I'm throwing a tennis ball, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm throwing a tennis ball.

All my free time is committed for the short term. I'm trying to teach my dog that the "other dog" in the mirror isn't really another dog and just because it looks like I'm throwing a tennis ball, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm throwing a tennis ball.

Good one.

But I feel this will be a wasted analogy. Don't think he'll get it. (Hint: title of thread)

I know some people will say this thread was based on that fact that IF Djax wasn't injured then he would be a top 5-10 WR. I won't argue with that because that is merely opinion and I don't necessarily disagree either.

Does anybody have the time or know how, to produce a list of the top 20 recievers in yards and TDs per game played since 2000 ? I would be really interested to see that.

Does anybody have the time or know how, to produce a list of the top 20 recievers in yards and TDs per game played since 2000 ? I would be really interested to see that.

I just did a quick search on Sportsline. They breakdown the three year average by multiple categories, but three years is all I could find and they don't have a games played category. It just breaks them down per season.

Hopefully I comprehend your request properly...

WRs, cumulative totals since 2000, rec yds:

1	Torry Holt	98872	Marvin Harrison	95563	Terrell Owens	84084	Randy Moss	79745	Joe Horn	76226	Rod Smith	75787	Isaac Bruce	75488	Derrick Mason	73299	Hines Ward	712110	Chad Johnson	692511	Eric Moulds	671312	Jimmy Smith	661313	Laveranues Coles	659914	Keyshawn Johnson	646315	Muhsin Muhammad	644616	Darrell Jackson	644517	Plaxico Burress	636618	Amani Toomer	633919	Keenan McCardell	590820	Donald Driver	589821	Eddie Kennison	584722	Marty Booker	553023	Reggie Wayne	547424	Terry Glenn	532125	Chris Chambers	5273

WRs, cumulative totals since 2000, rec TDs:

1	Marvin Harrison	892	Terrell Owens	843	Randy Moss	734	Torry Holt	585	Hines Ward	516	Joe Horn	507	Darrell Jackson	478	Rod Smith	439	Chris Chambers	4310	Chad Johnson	4111	Isaac Bruce	3912	Derrick Mason	3913	Jimmy Smith	3914	Plaxico Burress	3915	Muhsin Muhammad	3816	Reggie Wayne	3717	Amani Toomer	3518	Keenan McCardell	3519	Donald Driver	3520	Joey Galloway	3421	Santana Moss	3422	Keyshawn Johnson	3323	Marcus Robinson	3324	Eric Moulds	3125	Laveranues Coles	31

WRs, cumulative totals since 2000, rec ydg:

1	Torry Holt	89.882	Terrell Owens	87.583	Marvin Harrison	86.874	Anquan Boldin	82.235	Chad Johnson	75.276	Randy Moss	75.237	Joe Horn	74.738	Jimmy Smith	72.679	David Boston	71.6310	Isaac Bruce	71.2111	Larry Fitzgerald	69.6712	Rod Smith	68.8913	Derrick Mason	67.2414	Tim Brown	67.1515	Darrell Jackson	67.1416	Cris Carter	67.0317	Jeff Graham	66.0818	Roy Williams	65.4419	Hines Ward	65.3320	Andre Johnson	64.8021	Steve Smith	63.9622	Plaxico Burress	63.0323	Muhsin Muhammad	62.5824	Eric Moulds	62.1625	Keyshawn Johnson	61.55

WRs, cumulative totals since 2000, rec TDpg:

1	Terrell Owens	0.882	Marvin Harrison	0.813	Randy Moss	0.694	Roy Williams	0.535	Larry Fitzgerald	0.536	Torry Holt	0.537	Lee Evans	0.508	Joe Horn	0.499	Darrell Jackson	0.4910	Cris Carter	0.4711	Javon Walker	0.4712	Hines Ward	0.4713	Tim Brown	0.4614	Chris Chambers	0.4615	Chad Johnson	0.4516	Jimmy Smith	0.4317	Santana Moss	0.4218	Donte Stallworth	0.4119	Reggie Wayne	0.4020	Rod Smith	0.3921	David Boston	0.3922	Steve Smith	0.3923	Plaxico Burress	0.3924	Joey Galloway	0.3825	Marcus Robinson	0.38

Well, you didn't, but I appreciate it nonetheless.

So the information you asked for isn't there? Okay, give me some guidance. What information exactly did you ask for if it wasn't rec ypg & rec TDpg? Or do you just feel the need to be a horse's ass when someone tries to help you out of not being capable of gathering data yourself?

Edited by Bronco Billy

So the information you asked for isn't there? Okay, give me some guidance. What information exactly did you ask for if it wasn't rec ypg & rec TDpg? Or do you just feel the need to be a horse's ass when someone tries to help you out of not being capable of gathering data yourself?

Yikes, I didn't notice the per game breakdowns and just saw the cumulative stats the first time through. I duly apologize. It appears that giving equal weight to yards and TDs that Djax is more definitely averaging near the top 10 than top 5 (per games played), even if you omit some of the over the hill/retired players.

Thanks and sorry once again.

ETA: In yards per game, if you omit Tim Brown, Jimmy Smith, and Dave Boston; and assume that Djax is presently of more value than Mason, R. Smith, I. Bruce, Joe Horn (maybe).....you can bump him to number 8.....bumping him over Horn on TD's per game would also put him at 8.

Edited by bushwacked

Talk of his bad knees--no problems with them this year.

He missed the bulk of training camp recovering from arthroscopic surgery he had in March 2006. He was held out of practice and put on the injury list throughout the first half of the season.

Talk of his best years being behind him--he just had his best season to date.

He had his career high in TD receptions, but not anywhere near receptions or yardage totals. He hasn't played a full season since 2004.

Yikes, I didn't notice the per game breakdowns and just saw the cumulative stats the first time through. I duly apologize. It appears that giving equal weight to yards and TDs that Djax is more definitely averaging near the top 10 than top 5 (per games played), even if you omit some of the over the hill/retired players.

Thanks and sorry once again.

ETA: In yards per game, if you omit Tim Brown, Jimmy Smith, and Dave Boston; and assume that Djax is presently of more value than Mason, R. Smith, I. Bruce, Joe Horn (maybe).....you can bump him to number 8.....bumping him over Horn on TD's per game would also put him at 8.

Well, sir, I am impressed. Rather than enjoin in a pissing contest after I slammed you about the stats, you sucked it up & showed some major-league cajones by apologizing. Now I'm sorry that I took the nasty tone with you. I won't make that mistake again. Well played, sir.

Regarding the stats, I'll admit that Jackson's numbers are much better than I thought they would be in comparison. While I don't think he can be considered top 5 material, I'll have to rethink my position about putting him in the top 10.

Not only do you have my apologies for my snide comment, but you have my appreciation for teaching me something today.

PS - If you ever mention that I posted this man-love tripe in this thread in the future, I'll deny it wholeheartedly. I do have a reputation of being a major prick to uphold, after all...