[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Dog wont't stop humping her bed...

keggerz

yeah i said HER bed... W...T..F..

she has been in heat and is just about done or so we hope...

but she keeps taking the pillow out of her bed and humping it...is that normal

for a FEMALE DOG to hump her own bed or anything else? what can be

done to stop it? or just let her have at it?

not sure if it matters but she isnt fixed and is about a 1 1/2 yo Min Pin

Not sure of the answer to your question but my 2 dogs are females and they hump each other all the time..As I understand it it is more of a dominance thing then a sex thing..

Not sure of the answer to your question but my 2 dogs are females and they hump each other all the time..As I understand it it is more of a dominance thing then a sex thing..

well then i have one dominant dog cause she made that bed her biatch

I'm a professional dog trainer.

Your Min Pin has raging hormones, misdirected. This is usually seen with puppies when they first have their hormonal surge (male or female), but also when dogs are in heat, especially when young.

This will go away when she is out of heat, UNLESS, it becomes obessive compulsive.

If you make a big deal out of it, or punish it, it can turn into OCD. Just ignore it, it gives her an outlet.

When dogs are in heat it's like PMS in women. The can be biatchy. Again, don't punish if she snaps, and try to be as supportive as possible. Min Pins are naturally biatchy anyways.

Mounting can be dominant or passive aggressive but not in this case.

Your Min Pin has raging hormones, misdirected. This is usually seen with puppies when they first have their hormonal surge (male or female), but also when dogs are in heat, especially when young.

This will go away when she is out of heat, UNLESS, it becomes obessive compulsive.

If you make a big deal out of it, or punish it, it can turn into OCD. Just ignore it, it gives her an outlet.

When dogs are in heat it's like PMS in women. The can be biatchy. Again, don't punish if she snaps, and try to be as supportive as possible. Min Pins are naturally biatchy anyways.

Buy her doggy pr0n? :D

:D our female dog mounts our male dog all the time. both are about the same size (20 pounds) and fixed. he'll try to mount her and she'll slap him down and mount him instead, almost like she's saying, "oh hell no! you MY biatch!"

Well, maybe, but I think the more likely scenario is that your dog's a lesbian. And I'm talking "bitter, Squeegie type" lesbian.

Which means Tim Hardaway hates your dog. :D

The SO's beagle went into heat and started thinking her toys were her babies. It was freaky. I think she had the OCD Sugar Magnolia was talking about. I made her get her fixed even though she was purebred to stop her going into heat.