[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darrell Jackson to be traded?

ebartender

I agree wholeheartedly on the WR situation. On the Hutch thing, the Hawks had no idea that somebody could have thrown in a "poison pill". It was an unprecedented situation. How can you prepare for something that you didn't know was possible?? They would have matched ANY offer he got barring the joke that the Vikings threw in.

OK so you feel that the Vikings pulled a dirty move to get Hutch but the fron office had the chance to Franchise him and they didn't... your loss our gain. :D Their job is to expect the unexpected especially when they rolled the dice by not locking him up!! :tup:

Of course the real joke thrown to the Seahawks by the Vikings was Burelson for a 3rd round pick! :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't think Darrell Jackson wants to come back. That doesn't mean the Seahawks shouldn't bring him back.

You have no choice but to give the Seahawks a pass on the Hutch thing. They had every intention of matching whatever offer he got. They could not have forseen that any team could do anything near as dirty as the the crap the Vikings pulled. I give the most blame to the NFL for not allowing the Seahawks to re-work Walt's contract to allow them to match. That was garbage. The front office did rebound nicely however, and quickly signed Julian Peterson. The trade for Deion Branch is undefendable. You got me there. Darrell Jackson left the Seahawks no choice but to air him out publicly. The stunt he pulled at the beginning of camp last year was one of the most baby-ish things I can recall from a pro athlete. That said, we freakin' need the guy.

Hey, you got your revenge by stealing Nate Burleson for $100 million. Let it go. :D

The reality is that Nate Burleson signed a 3yr-15 million dollar deal and was one of the best game-changers in the NFL for the second half of the season. For a team that hasn't had a decent kick returner in 5-6 years, this cannot be understated.

The reality is that Nate Burleson signed a 3yr-15 million dollar deal and was one of the best game-changers in the NFL for the second half of the season. For a team that hasn't had a decent kick returner in 5-6 years, this cannot be understated.

IMO that is way to much money for a guy who IMO will never be better than a average kickoff retun man.

That being said, who knows..with another year in Seattles system maybe he will pan out. I just never liked the guy. IMO he underperformed in Minne in what was a golden oppertunity there. I don't see him ever getting the chance/playing time to live up to his contract. they signed him so they would not have to use Hackett and Hackett ended up being better than him. there is no doubt in my mind that if Seattle could go back they would not make that signing. but hey..things could be worse...you could see these kind of moves year in and year out like I do as a Lions fan.

The reality is that Nate Burleson signed a 3yr-15 million dollar deal and was one of the best game-changers in the NFL for the second half of the season.

The reports I saw were always saying 4 yr for 14.5 million.

IMO that is way to much money for a guy who IMO will never be better than a average kickoff retun man.

I'm not going to defend the Burleson signing because if he couldn't crack the top 4 WR rotation by the end of last season. But, when he took over the return duties he was much better than average.

Clare Farnsworth reported that Ruskell was dumbfounded when he heard reports of this rumor. While any player can be had for the right price, they are not actively shopping Darrell Jackson. Nice "league source".

Let this be a lesson to you ebartender, you need to get Sehawks21 approval before posting articles on this board. :D

Clare Farnsworth reported that Ruskell was dumbfounded when he heard reports of this rumor. While any player can be had for the right price, they are not actively shopping Darrell Jackson. Nice "league source".

This is called "damage control". :D

Speculation of this move started the day Deion Branch was signed. I just don't see how a contending team can benefit from moving their #1 receiver. The more attention this gets, the more afraid I become, I just really don't think the Seahawks can afford to do this kind of a move while they are still in such a weak NFC. Jackson is the one true prima donna that remains on the roster, and Ruskell has been swatting those guys out of here like flies, I just really hope he comes to his senses here. Again, if Branch had proven more, I'd be all for moving Jackson. I don't think we can afford to do it. I hope I am right.

Edited by Seahawks21

Hey!!!! Nate Burleson was probably our MVP the 2nd half of the season. I'll take it.

I'm not going to say Burleson was a great signing, heck, even a good one, only that it wasn't horrible.

Which one is it! 2nd half MVP, one of the best game-changers, or not a great signing?

Let this be a lesson to you ebartender, you need to get Sehawks21 approval before posting articles on this board. :D

Hey, I just posted a link. I didn't write the story. I should have known better then to think the Seahawks would trade a top 5 WR anyway. :D

If Burleson would have done all those things at say, half the cost, it could have been considered a great signing. As it is, I would call it "good". I'm thinking maybe I need to start teaching a class on here. Instead of Fantasy University, we can have NFL University.

I don't believe that anybody in this thread is in need of your remedial NFL "expertise."

Swerski, I read what you have been writing lately about the Colts. You don't even have a handle on your own freakin' team's real issues. The Colts are one of the teams I am paid to research, and after reading what you wrote, I'm not sure we were watching the same team. If I were you I would take a seat in the front row when class starts.

:tup:

If Burleson would have done all those things at say, half the cost, it could have been considered a great signing. As it is, I would call it "good". I'm thinking maybe I need to start teaching a class on here. Instead of Fantasy University, we can have NFL University.

:D

The Colts are one of the teams I am paid to research

Your junior college newspaper pays you to do NFL research? :D

The Colts are one of the teams I am paid to research, and after reading what you wrote, I'm not sure we were watching the same team. If I were you I would take a seat in the front row when class starts.

Why don't you go ahead and tell me where my analysis of the Colts is off-base, Prof. Dumbass. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Jackson is the one true prima donna that remains on the roster, and Ruskell has been swatting those guys out of here like flies, I just really hope he comes to his senses here. Again, if Branch had proven more, I'd be all for moving Jackson. I don't think we can afford to do it. I hope I am right.

Please explain how he's a prima donna.

Your junior college newspaper pays you to do NFL research? :tup:

Why don't you go ahead and tell me where my analysis of the Colts is off-base, Prof. Dumbass. :D

My Jr. College newspaper??? :D

I really don't feel like arguing with fools anymore. People from a distance can't tell who is who.