[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Afghan bomber tries to take Cheney

Front Row

Weird how the Taliban just tried to kill our VP and it's basically just a joke........times have really changed....can't wait for Iran to fire that nuke up in 6 months........... :D

hopefully this marks the end of cheap shot season and we go back to the Big stick......... :D

not intended as a crack on Huddler thread jokes........just the concept that the suicide attack is just another day............ :tup:

Weird how the Taliban just tried to kill our VP and it's basically just a joke........times have really changed....can't wait for Iran to fire that nuke up in 6 months........... :D

hopefully this marks the end of cheap shot season and we go back to the Big stick......... :D

not intended as a crack on Huddler thread jokes........just the concept that the suicide attack is just another day............ :tup:

The problem with this story is it sounds like the taliban just wants to get their name in the paper.

"We wanted to target ... Cheney," Taliban spokesman Mullah Hayat Khan told Reuters by phone from an undisclosed location.

Like my pappy use to say, want in one hand and piss in the other and see which one fills up first.

I doubt there was any real threat to the VP. IMO

We knew that Dick Cheney would be staying inside the base," Ahmadi told AP telephone from an undisclosed location. "The attacker was trying to reach Cheney."

The explosion happened near the first of at least three gated checkpoints vehicles must pass through before gaining access to Bagram.

The sprawling base houses 5,100 U.S. troops and 4,000 other coalition forces and contractors. High security areas within the base are blocked by their own checkpoints. It was unclear how an attacker could expect to penetrate the base, locate the vice president and get close to him without detection.

"We maintain a high-level of security here at all times. Our security measures were in place and the killer never had access to the base," said Lt. Col. James E. Bonner, the base operations commander. "When he realized he would not be able to get onto the base he attacked the local population."

I hate to agree wth EGL but seems like a propaganda stunt to me also. But I doubt the victims family feel this way.

:D

Looking for headlines

Edited by Front Row