[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kerney signs with Seattle

bushwacked

Per Clayton.

Six years with $19.5 million guaranteed. Figured they would get this one after losing out to Dielman while having plenty of caproom. Glad to see them add much needed depth, even with the age and injury concerns at this point in his career. $20 million....I don't know...could be worse I guess.

According to Bronco Billy. The Nebraska DE would be the choice.

I would agree, but most mocks have him going well before the 21st pick in the draft. Trading up is certainly not out of the question as they have an extra 3rd round pick, but I'm not sure that even gets them up high enough to grab him.

:D

That would work for me. The problem is Shanahan. For all of his football smarts, he just doesn't seem to understand the importance of a good D-line. If DEN manages to get some pressure on the edge and get a couple of even mediocre big uglies to use up blockers at the LoS, with their LBs & CBs - especially now that Bly is on board - this could be a very, very good D. But the LBs are too light to repeatedly take on OTs game after game because the D-line isn't good enough to force the O-line to account for them for more than 1 to 1 1/2 seconds. And I don't care how good a CB is, they can't repeatedly cover for 5-6 seconds on pass plays & not expect a starting caliber QB to pick them apart.

Post edit - and damnation, I would have liked to have seen Kersey in a Donkey uniform. The guy isn't a superstar DE, but he'll give you a good solid effort off the edge & hold his own, with enough pressure on passing downs to collapse the pocket time to 3-4 seconds.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Wishful thinking, maybe. There seem to be a lot of DEs that are swirling around DEs 2-5, with the order taken varying. I do know that Carricker really solidified his stock at the combine, so I don't expect his to slide too far - the middle of the 1st seems about right.

Hope Kerney has plenty left in the tank.

Reminds me of the Wistrom signing, high motor, high effort-type that the Hawks catch on the down-side.

I seriously hope he is still more of a playmaker than Grant.

I have the same concerns. After hearing the opinions of a few Atlanta media types I am quite a bit more optomistic. What are you thinking if you are Bryce Fisher?? If the other two can cash in like that, he's probably gonna be a billionaire!!

I have the same concerns. After hearing the opinions of a few Atlanta media types I am quite a bit more optomistic. What are you thinking if you are Bryce Fisher?? If the other two can cash in like that, he's probably gonna be a billionaire!!

Well IMO, I think they signed Kerney to keep Fisher motivated. I think the Hawks were a little disappointed with Fisher last year and I think Kerney will be a nice touch for this Dline...

Well IMO, I think they signed Kerney to keep Fisher motivated. I think the Hawks were a little disappointed with Fisher last year and I think Kerney will be a nice touch for this Dline...

Disappointed with Fisher??? With the season Grant Wistrom and the DT's had, how could anybody be disappointed with Bryce Fisher?? He and Peterson were their best defensive players down the stretch, especially in the playoffs.

I am always happy for D-line help. My only nagging concern is that whenever Seattle has played ATL over the last few years, they have completely shut Kerney down. Part of that is just that Big Walt Jones simply shut him down, but even when he was playing on the other side he was a non-factor.

Oh, they did get Grant then? I think I know how the Jags will draft. Can you say safety?

There are still a handful of free agent safeties out there. If you pick the right one for your team, you could be golden.