[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Fourth Annual Huddle Chess Debacle

billay

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no one steps up, I bet my two sons would play (as a team). I guarantee they'd lose every game but I'm amazed at how much they have gotten into chess. This morning, when I woke them to get ready for school, I told them I played a game last night. The first thing my 7-yr-old asked was, "Do you have a print out of the moves again?" They both had me replay the game on their chessboard while we had breakfast. As I type, my 10-yr-old is watching a chess DVD I bought him.

Now the problem is, they are in bed by about 8:30 during the week (although I could let them stay up a bit later on friday night. Of course, they're just kids and I'm not sure adults want to play them (very understandable).

So my two ideas, so far, are Hugh One or my kids.

I play against 5th and 6th graders in my class all the time. I had a student start reading chess books during his free time. He studied up and beat me. I hadn't lost in my class for a couple of years. The kid set a goal to learn different strategies until he could beat me... and he did.

I play against 5th and 6th graders in my class all the time. I had a student start reading chess books during his free time. He studied up and beat me. I hadn't lost in my class for a couple of years. The kid set a goal to learn different strategies until he could beat me... and he did.

:D I am still undefeated against 6th, 7th and 8th graders. I did have one draw.

:D

;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game

;White: gmolenda

;Black: skylive5

;Date: Sun Mar 18 01:38:39 GMT 2007

1. e2-e3 e7-e6

2. b2-b3 g8-f6

3. d2-d4 d7-d5

4. f1-b5+ c7-c6

5. b5-d3 f8-b4+

6. c2-c3 b4-d6

7. g1-f3 o-o