[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, what is your favorite Led Zepplin song?

PantherDave

I'll try to narrow it down to 10:

Lemon Song (best bass groove in the middle)

Bring it on Home

That's the Way

Traveling Riverside Blues

The Rain Song

Your Time is Gonna Come

Ten Years Gone

Bron-Yr-Aur

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Baby Come on Home

We're Gonna Groove

In the Light

Ok, so top 12 is the most narrow I could do

Start w/ a medium-size list, see if I can shrink from there:

Travelin' Riverside Blues

Nobody's Fault But Mine

What Is and What Should Never Be

Trampled Under Foot

When The Levee Breaks

doesn't belong on a list, but I always liked "Hot Dog"

All in all, it's hard to beat "Travelin' Riverside Blues", so that's the winner for me

As Ursa said the "versatility" of Zep, and it's most likely why I still enjoy Thin Lizzy to this day-another very talented band that most no little about other than Lynott's made for radio in America tune " The Boy's are Back in Town", as Lizzy was so much deeper than that fuggin tune.

What Is and What Should Never Be is up next.....

Oooh! Definately hit a nerve with that one. A good nerve. I remember listening to that one with the headphones on after smoking some incredible Kona bud. :D

...I got a woman wanna ball all day...

...I got a woman she won't be true no...

...I got a woman stay drunk all the time... (would get along great with Twiley)

...I got a little woman and she won't be true...

What about Zeppelin albums? Perhaps easier to pick a favorite but still difficult IMO. I'd have to say Physical Grafitti hands down, with Zep II a close 2nd. I guess if I had to pick a single LP I'd go with II. I must say that I was very disappointed with the release of their last(unless you count Coda) LP In Through The Out Door. It seemed like an eternity before that finally came out. Too much with the keyboards and synthesizers. Although I did like the old 50s sounding tune called "I'm Gonna Crawl".

What about Zeppelin albums? Perhaps easier to pick a favorite but still difficult IMO. I'd have to say Physical Grafitti hands down, with Zep II a close 2nd. I guess if I had to pick a single LP I'd go with II. I must say that I was very disappointed with the release of their last(unless you count Coda) LP In Through The Out Door. It seemed like an eternity before that finally came out. Too much with the keyboards and synthesizers. Although I did like the old 50s sounding tune called "I'm Gonna Crawl".

Growing up it was always II and III.

The element of time has made me learn that there are epic high points on I, II, III, and IV, but their masterpiece is hands-down Physical Graffiti.

Oooh! Definately hit a nerve with that one. A good nerve. I remember listening to that one with the headphones on after smoking some incredible Kona bud. :D

...I got a woman wanna ball all day...

...I got a woman she won't be true no...

...I got a woman stay drunk all the time... (would get along great with Twiley)

...I got a little woman and she won't be true...

That's not What Is and What Should Never Be....that's Hey Hey What Can I Do, their only song released as a 45 B-Side and was never on an LP release.

Best ALbum? I always thought was Physical Graffitti, because it was their longest.

Songs:

Bring It on Home

In the Light

When the Levee Breaks

that's 3.

Edited by Pope Flick

That's not What Is and What Should Never Be....that's Hey Hey What Can I Do, their only song released as a 45 B-Side and was never on an LP release.

Well, duh! I knew that. Perhaps I jumped the gun by quoting a few lines from yet another favorite.

"Catch the wind sit and spin sail away leave today way up high in the sky. And if the wind won't blow, we really shouldn't go, only goes to show. That you will be mine by takin' our time...."

Is that better?

Well, duh! I knew that. Perhaps I jumped the gun by quoting a few lines from yet another favorite.

"Catch the wind sit and spin sail away leave today way up high in the sky. And if the wind won't blow, we really shouldn't go, only goes to show. That you will be mine by takin' our time...."

Is that better?

Sure - how's the kona this afternoon? :D