[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1 Player Keeper

I guess if you consider Brees a top 3 QB then.

But, even so, looking strictly at "value" in a standard scoring system based on the last 3 years of stats, the #3 QB is equivalent to the #14WR. Guess if you are confident that Brees is the #3 (or better) QB and that Colston is below the top 14 in WRs, you may have a good point, otherwise, it is still a coin flip, and I lean Colston as good QBs generally can still be had in the 7th-8th round or later.

true, there are some 7th and 8th round QBs that end up doing very well. But let's be specific here. Which one(s) would you take?? It is a total crapshoot. I'll take the sure thing 8 days a week, especially at QB.

true, there are some 7th and 8th round QBs that end up doing very well. But let's be specific here. Which one(s) would you take?? It is a total crapshoot. I'll take the sure thing 8 days a week, especially at QB.

So, Brees without Horn and really only having a second year WR and RB as primary passing threats is a sure thing?

Horn didn't do a freakin' thing last year. Brees does not suffer from having a lack of options. Eric Johnson, a handful of talented WR's. He didn't have any options other than a young TE and a RB in San Diego either. Brees is good, period. More importantly, he is consistent. Sure thing. Chalk it up.

I never pick a QB before round 5, that is because the top QBs are usually gone by the end of round 2 middle of round 3. That being said, I would take Brees in a heartbeat for a 4th round pick. The fact remains, good receivers are much easier to come by.

Additionally, I have seen Brees going in the top 10. Colston has been averaging in the 40 to 55 range in rankings, early I know, but the truth is you may end up with Colston in the 5th. You WILL NOT have an opprotunity to draft Brees later than a 4th.

Edited by Eagle2003

I would not want to keep either for my 4th myself. would not want betts as a 4th either.

If I had to pick between those 3 it would be Brees . I usually would never say keep a QB but I have no trust in Colston repeating last year and with Betts behind being behind Portis there is no way to keep him.

Who else you got on that team that can be chosen?

There is a 90% chance that Brees is going to have a good year. You can't say that about the others. With the rest of the quarterbacks you could get after the 5th round, that probability goes down dramatically. They say RB's win championships, but you cannot win one without a good QB either.

Unless something changes. I don't see Betts as a true option here. Leaving Brees and Colsten. It's likely that both will be gone by the 4th round. So, in that sense, they are both worth a 4th round pick.

They're on the same team. So, I would think about it differently than if they were on separate teams as each may affect the other's productivity. I think if Brees has a bad year (unless there's a Brady or a Romo waiting to take over) it's quite likely that Colsten's productivity will be significantly impacted. OTH, IMO, if Colsten doesn't repeat last year's performance (he won't be sneaking up on anyone this year), Brees still has the targets to be a top tier ff QB. - For this reason, I'd give the edge to Brees.

However, this may not fit in with your personal strategy. If you never draft a QB before the 5th round (seems to be the case for many). Then, unless you believe your strategy needs to be changed. Why start now?

Unless something changes. I don't see Betts as a true option here. Leaving Brees and Colsten. It's likely that both will be gone by the 4th round. So, in that sense, they are both worth a 4th round pick.

They're on the same team. So, I would think about it differently than if they were on separate teams as each may affect the other's productivity. I think if Brees has a bad year (unless there's a Brady or a Romo waiting to take over) it's quite likely that Colsten's productivity will be significantly impacted. OTH, IMO, if Colsten doesn't repeat last year's performance (he won't be sneaking up on anyone this year), Brees still has the targets to be a top tier ff QB. - For this reason, I'd give the edge to Brees.

However, this may not fit in with your personal strategy. If you never draft a QB before the 5th round (seems to be the case for many). Then, unless you believe your strategy needs to be changed. Why start now?

Good posting! I still would go with Bree's its possible that Colston could be another Michael Clayton - fabulous rookie year and a bust after that.

• 5 months later...

BUMP

I have to make my decision... drafting tonight.

With Colston nursing a mysterious knee injury, and with Brees looking really freakin good so far this pre-season, I am now leaning towards taking Brees as my keeper (means sacrificing the 4.04 pick - as I am drafting in the 9th spot of a serpentine draft with 12 teams).

Any last minute advice?

Dude, I really see absolutely no reason why Brees won't be a stud this year and have to disagree with those who are so quick to assume that you can find a QB just as good or even close to as good later on.

Colston is obviously a very, very solid WR, but don't think he should be taken before Brees. NO is shaping up to be one of those offenses that could produce great #s for the QB but OK for everyone else because there are so many weapons and both RBs have proven to be good at catching balls out of the backfield.

Add to that the fact that Colston has a hammy issue...