[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me Help my brother

alexgaddis

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have already seen that he won't listen to reason...not in this case...not at all...he HAS made up his mind, this is the girl he has always known he wanted to marry and now she wants him too again (at least for now that is)...I know I cannot stop it or do anything to prevent it...

Then strap-in, and try to enjoy the ride.

....and yes, I expect certain editing will happen to a certain word.

He should make darn sure she isn't pregnant with someone else's kid before marrying this young lady.

But to answer you question, you can't force him to do anything. But if you want to be constructive, you can try to suggest they live together, or have a meaningful engagement (in conjunction with counseling) before tying the knot. There's no legit need to rush things like this... unless she's pregant.

Edited by yo mama

Wait until this page gets to four or five pages, then show it to him. That will help.

I had actually thought of that...

but then again, none of you guys know the whole story...at least thats what he will say...

Edited by alexgaddis

she cheated on him many times with a couple girls...then she goes on myspace and claims she now realizes she is a lesbian

I've been in the situation a few times

Hot Vicky, hot.

Well I have already seen that he won't listen to reason...not in this case...not at all...he HAS made up his mind, this is the girl he has always known he wanted to marry and now she wants him too again (at least for now that is)...I know I cannot stop it or do anything to prevent it...

No, chances are that you won't be able to stop him or change his mind. But I still think you should have a civil conversation (which can be hard when someone is being that stubborn!) and just let him know that this is an extremely bad idea and be as honest as you can. Maybe point out this crazy not saying anything for 6 months part... What's the point of even getting married if they're not going to tell anyone for 6 months? I'm sure he'll have an answer or explanation for any negative you can come up with, but even saying those negative things out loud to him may even get that little voice in the back of his head going.

When things do fall apart (and it sure sounds like they will!), he will respect the hell out of you for having been so truthful with him about the situation. Trust me.

Don't confront him... talk with him and let him know your concerns. But, also, let him know you're there for him whatever decision he makes. It sounds like he is going to need the support either way. And if he goes through with the marriage, he will likely REALLY need a best friend and family support.

Ultimately, your brother's love and friendship is far too valuable to sacrifice because of a decision you didn't like. FWIW, it sounds like you two have a sibling relationship that a lot of other people would be jealous of.

I think you owe it to yourself and your brother to at least try and talk some sense into him. If you don't at least try you may regret it later. If you guys are truly as close as you say he should owe it to you to at least listen. He is old enough to make his own decision but if he is immature for his age he will probably still make the wrong decision but you can say that you tried if nothing else.

Edit to add: As has already been mentioned, Pics and/or youtube video will help for sure :D

Edited by T_bone65

Well, tell him how you feel, ask him to at least give it a few months of living together, but also let him know you support him regardless of the idiotic things he may do (and not that think you were going to, but don't tell mom - outside of something physically harmful, you don't betray that trust)

i also agree with the plan of sleeping with the girl and her friends together and taking video to prove things to your brother - may need to share with the rest of us just so we can be srue it's the right thing to do...

Well, tell him how you feel, ask him to at least give it a few months of living together, but also let him know you support him regardless of the idiotic things he may do (and not that think you were going to, but don't tell mom - outside of something physically harmful, you don't betray that trust)

i also agree with the plan of sleeping with the girl and her friends together and taking video to prove things to your brother - may need to share with the rest of us just so we can be srue it's the right thing to do...

***Mrs. PD here-you guys are awful :D ***

Show him those pictures of your wife on your wedding day, that might do the trick :D

Seriously though (finally), the only thing you can do is try and have that talk, other then that you must let the cards fall where they may.

It's tough watching our closest relatives make mistakes. Hopefully it will work out in the end, maybe they both have matured?

OK, I can understand the try it with the bi girl again. The marrying thing needs to wait a bit. You should ask him if he's spoken to the counselor about the marriage plans. I know he's seeking validation, but you may have an ally there.

Gettgin confrontational won't help, all you can do is to tell him that you're gonna put $5 a week in a savings account for him so that when she bails on him again he won't be left with nothing. Or maybe don't tell him about it and just do it. This way you'll have something to rebuild the bridge with when his world falls apart...again.

Do your absolute best to stop him ...whatever you can do and whomever family members you can involve to help stop this

If not , fear your brother may learn the hard way this was not meant to be and unfortunately only then will he get it ( I hope for you all this can be avoided though )

Good luck

OK, I can understand the try it with the bi girl again. The marrying thing needs to wait a bit. You should ask him if he's spoken to the counselor about the marriage plans. I know he's seeking validation, but you may have an ally there.

Gettgin confrontational won't help, all you can do is to tell him that you're gonna put $5 a week in a savings account for him so that when she bails on him again he won't be left with nothing. Or maybe don't tell him about it and just do it. This way you'll have something to rebuild the bridge with when his world falls apart...again.

Bingo...awesome idea Cid...I am going to call him tonite with this...

Show us your boobs. :D

Yea - sorry - I mistyped "sure" - i'll work on that fat-fingering as I assume you meant awful spellers

PD....seriously? this just put you into the ghey thread

Hey, I'm spending QT with the wife at the TG.....see honey, he called me ghey :D .

He's going to need an ear to chew on for the next few years. When/if it goes sour be there for him, that's pretty much all you can do. At some point if you just keep trying to persuade him not to do it then he will only end up avoiding and/or resenting you. It's doubtful, but maybe they will end up happy together. If that happens & all you've done is bash her the whole time then it will put a strain on your relationship with them and possibly between them.