[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Black Donnellys

cliaz

I'd like to state for the record that this show blows the Sopranos out of the water. Very well written, very well acted and the story is a good solid one. If you haven't seen it yet you can go to NBCs website and watch it for free.

Dokey is my favorite character right now. A lot of old Oz actors on this show.

:D

WHAT! Link?

I just found this link

Donnellys Dropped ASAP, Plus a Trees Update

Though as recently as Monday the plan was to allow The Black Donnellys two more airings, NBC has since opted to snuff the mob drama effective immediately, Variety reports, likely as a result of its most recent ratings plunge. Donnellys' remaining six episodes will stream on NBC.com.

Meanwhile at ABC, fans of Men in Trees should take heart: Sources tell TVGuide.com that the long-on-hiatus series — which has, we must remember, been picked up for a second season — might very well return with unaired episodes this season, rather than save them for the fall (as has been speculated elsewhere).

I really like this show. I thought it was doing pretty well with the ratings too for being on at 10pm. Not exactly the best time slot in the world to pull in hugh ratings. The one week that I think a drop in ratings would be expected was when this show was playing at the same time as the NCAA basketball championships.

NBC blows.

Edited by max

godddddaaaaammmmmmiiiiittttt

you have got to be kidding me they cancelled it. It got what, 5 shows? Give it a damn chance to gain the audience - it's an awesome show....

what are they going to replace it with - Deal or No Bachelor Amazing Idol vs 100 5th Graders on Skates

dammmmmmmmmiiiiiiittttttt

I was shocked they cancelled the show as well. I thought it was great. FX should definitely pick it up (and also start airing It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia again!)

Always Sunny is supposed to start back up in June.

It was inevitable, the "Keep the Black Donnellys On the Air" petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/TBD2007/petition.html

HBO should pick it up, add more graphic violence and sex, then use it to keep the folks around who are planning to leave after the last Sopranos eppie. Tough act to follow, but they have to try. They will have a big $ problem when Tony and the gang exits...

i wondered where it was last night. I honestly can't beleive it...what a tremendous disappointment. With "24", easily the best night on network TV.

I caught the most recent one online. There's a pretty kickass scene where the brothers open up a can of whoop-ass on some drug dealers.

of course they just cancelled the series. Go figure. NBC sucks.

I was wondering why they had that stupid comedy show on Monday rather than Donnellys. I thought NBC had some of the best new shows on with Heroes and Black Donnellys.

What a bunch of crap. You'd think with Paul Haggis behind it - and all the hub-bub before it came out - that it would at least last a full season. But pulling the plug a few episodes in? Come on. Sure, there was a lot to follow, but shows like Lost and Heroes have the same kinds of elements. I guess with everyone getting more and more stupid, we need more shows like Deal or No Deal, and less quality shows like Donnelly's. Fortunately we can watch the rest of the episodes online, and like some suggested, it would be in HBO or FX's favor to try picking the series up. HBO would make sense, with the terminus of The Sopranos looming. FX would work, but doubt NBC would give a competitor like Fox the rights to continue the series. Not sure how that all works in TV-land... maybe someone like Pope Flick could enlighten us and weigh in on what he thinks about all this crap. I'm mad right now. Really. :D

I thought it was a great show. Loved the interaction between the brothers! Not suprised it was cancelled though as you have to be semi intelligent to comprehend what is going on!

Instead we get idiots trying to win money by answering 5th grade test questions, guessing occupations, picking suitcases, singing, dancing, surviving, living together, dating, etc....

At least Rescue Me should be back on soon!!!

What a bunch of crap. You'd think with Paul Haggis behind it - and all the hub-bub before it came out - that it would at least last a full season. But pulling the plug a few episodes in? Come on. Sure, there was a lot to follow, but shows like Lost and Heroes have the same kinds of elements. I guess with everyone getting more and more stupid, we need more shows like Deal or No Deal, and less quality shows like Donnelly's. Fortunately we can watch the rest of the episodes online, and like some suggested, it would be in HBO or FX's favor to try picking the series up. HBO would make sense, with the terminus of The Sopranos looming. FX would work, but doubt NBC would give a competitor like Fox the rights to continue the series. Not sure how that all works in TV-land... maybe someone like Pope Flick could enlighten us and weigh in on what he thinks about all this crap. I'm mad right now. Really. :D

See my post in the American Karoke (Idol) thread.