[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agency for Dynasty League

I'm in a dynasty league that has a kind of a forced free agency where the top six teams in the league have to release one of their five scoring leaders -- RBs or WRs only. I really don't know to what extent this serves it's purpose, because what this actually does is bait the lower performing teams to pick up these players, and thus leave the top rookie picks to the rest of us. But that's another question. Here's mine:

My team is really solid in the running back category, especially for a Dynasty team -- and including flex plays we can play up to three running backs. My line up at the end of last season was

Larry Johnson -- 282 points

Joseph Addai -- 165 points

Marion Barber -- 157 points

Chester Taylor -- 155 points

Reggie Bush -- 153 points

Justin Fargas -- 65 points

The decision that I need to make is whether to release Chester Taylor or Marion Barber into free agency. While I would suspect that Chester is rated above Marion on most off-season ranking sheets, I'm not so sure. In our league, they were almost exactly equal in point production. And if I were betting (and I am in this league) I would think that the odds favor Barber's production going up, and Chester's going down. Plus I think Marion will have the better long term value. Help me with a reality check here gang. Am I crazy to be thinking of moving Chester to free agency and holding onto Marion?

Thanks.

:D SuperChiefs / John

I'm in a dynasty league that has a kind of a forced free agency where the top six teams in the league have to release one of their five scoring leaders -- RBs or WRs only. I really don't know to what extent this serves it's purpose, because what this actually does is bait the lower performing teams to pick up these players, and thus leave the top rookie picks to the rest of us. But that's another question. Here's mine:

My team is really solid in the running back category, especially for a Dynasty team -- and including flex plays we can play up to three running backs. My line up at the end of last season was

Larry Johnson -- 282 points

Joseph Addai -- 165 points

Marion Barber -- 157 points

Chester Taylor -- 155 points

Reggie Bush -- 153 points

Justin Fargas -- 65 points

The decision that I need to make is whether to release Chester Taylor or Marion Barber into free agency. While I would suspect that Chester is rated above Marion on most off-season ranking sheets, I'm not so sure. In our league, they were almost exactly equal in point production. And if I were betting (and I am in this league) I would think that the odds favor Barber's production going up, and Chester's going down. Plus I think Marion will have the better long term value. Help me with a reality check here gang. Am I crazy to be thinking of moving Chester to free agency and holding onto Marion?

Thanks.

:D SuperChiefs / John

I say drop Barber. The Tuna used him good, but im not sure if Phillips will.

Chester = Hutchinson to run behind.

I'd have to disagree and keep Barber. I think the guy is about to be the next Stephen Jackson. At some point he is gonna be a super-stud, and if I were a bettin' man I'd say it happens this season.

While I'm not convinced that Barber will be an uber-stud, I do think it says something very significant that Barber in a RBBC was able to accomplish what Taylor did with little legit competiton at RB in MIN.

MIN's O is a horrible mess, and by the looks of it, it won't be getting better soon. By rumored accounts, DAL was shopping J Jones this offseason, meaning they were prepared to go with Barber as their featured RB. Add to that Phillips being a D genius and Barber may get more work in the 2nd half of games as DAL either is protecting leads or playing conservative in close games.

I like Barber's end of this equation a lot more than Taylor's.

Full disclosure: I am a dyed-in-the-wool Viking hater, although my dislike for the Cowboys runs pretty close to MIN.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Tough call. Those 2 are very close. Taylor will continue to get more work but Barber to me is the better back.

The seperation comes when you consider the qb situation. The vikes are a mess there and will have no passing game to take the pressure off the 8 man fronts Taylor will face for 16 weeks. Barber will be working behind Romo who seems to be able to move the ball down the field stretching defenses. Philips may want to keep working the RBBC situation but Jones is a lock to miss some playing time. Durability is a problem.

I have a small lean to Barber due to the fact that its dynasty. In a redreaft I'd say it's a coin flip.

I'd have to disagree and keep Barber. I think the guy is about to be the next Stephen Jackson. At some point he is gonna be a super-stud, and if I were a bettin' man I'd say it happens this season.

I have to agree. Barber has good upside and will get good carries this season and alot at the goal line .. I would dump Taylor