[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling Out Redskins Fans!

spain

I was flipping through the channels and stopped on the NFL Channel. They were replaying the Titans/Redskins game in Washington last year. At the time, the Titans were winless and VY was still learning the offense. The week prior to that game, the Titans had played the Colts very tough in Indy, but lost a close game. Nobody was giving the Titans a chance against a Redskins team who was thought by all accounts to be a playoff team. And the game started with Washington dominating all facets of the game. But the Titans, although completely over-matched personnel wise, played very hard. Tennessee won the game because they simply wanted it more.

The game was a watershed moment for both teams. It propelled the Titans onto an 8-8 season behind a scappy defense and a 21 year old wunderkind quarterback named Vince Young. This game was really the springboard for the Titans as they discovered that they could actually compete against good teams in the NFL. There was a very different attitude for Tennessee after this one and it just carried over the entire season. It also was the game where the season slipped away for Washington. There is no way they should have lost this game to an under-manned Titan squad and they knew it. But they were flat and didnt play with much enthusiasm. I think this game basically destroyed the entire season for the underachieving Washington team. The Redskins eventually quit on the season and never really recovered.

Thoughts?

I was flipping through the channels and stopped on the NFL Channel. They were replaying the Titans/Redskins game in Washington last year. At the time, the Titans were winless and VY was still learning the offense. The week prior to that game, the Titans had played the Colts very tough in Indy, but lost a close game. Nobody was giving the Titans a chance against a Redskins team who was thought by all accounts to be a playoff team. And the game started with Washington dominating all facets of the game. But the Titans, although completely over-matched personnel wise, played very hard. Tennessee won the game because they simply wanted it more.

The game was a watershed moment for both teams. It propelled the Titans onto an 8-8 season behind a scappy defense and a 21 year old wunderkind quarterback named Vince Young. This game was really the springboard for the Titans as they discovered that they could actually compete against good teams in the NFL. There was a very different attitude for Tennessee after this one and it just carried over the entire season. It also was the game where the season slipped away for Washington. There is no way they should have lost this game to an under-manned Titan squad and they knew it. But they were flat and didnt play with much enthusiasm. I think this game basically destroyed the entire season for the underachieving Washington team. The Redskins eventually quit on the season and never really recovered.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Well you do bring up some very good points. I’d like to counter them with the following:

1. Suck on my right nut and make the left one jealous.

2. Kiss my Italian butt and floss your teeth with my a$$ hair.

3. Your mother.

4. And finally you’re into being spanked by fat Asian men.

Thoughts? Well you do bring up some very good points. I’d like to counter them with the following:

1. Suck on my right nut and make the left one jealous.

2. Kiss my Italian butt and floss your teeth with my a$$ hair.

3. Your mother.

4. And finally you’re into being spanked by fat Asian men.

See, I am trying to analyze what went wrong in the nations capital's football team, and what turned around a Titan team that was winless and drifting. I think I found a microcosm for the entire season for the Titans and Redksins: the Titans over-achieved and the Skins under-achieved. But you dont want to find the answers. You dont want to know the truth. You cant handle the truth. And the truth is that the Redskins should have won that game. They had a better players and lost. And it sent them into a downward spiral into the abyss of a losing season. They quit after that game. They quit on the season. And they quit on Joe Gibbs. And he will never be able to regain the magic that made him such a great coach. never!

Edited by spain

See, I am trying to analyze what went wrong in the nations capital's football team, .....

The 'Skins were 2-3 going into that game but were confident. Then they finally came to the realization that they were playing the game without a QB and it was never going to get better it threw them into a deep depression from which they never recovered.

Congratulations are in order for spain and the Titans for their monumental victory that propelled them onward to mediocrity over an overpaid, over-rated Redskin team. :D

Seriously, who cares. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Congratulations are in order for spain and the Titans for their monumental victory that propelled them onward to mediocrity over an overpaid, over-rated Redskin team. :D

Obviously you care or you wouldn't have felt the need to respond in this thread.

Your input...... ::D

I would agree if i could read your post but as it is these three Vince Lombardi trophies are blinding me. But its nice that the Indianapolis Colts finally won a trophy instead of riding on the coat tails of the Baltimore Colts.

:D

I just think it's funny that spain has all the "calling out" threads celebrating the Titans 8-8 season. I know they've sucked, but there has to be something better to talk about . . .

One of those wins was against your Colts, so they must be doing something right...

One of those wins was against your Colts, so they must be doing something right...

last second, 60+ yard FG with the wind at his back. When you hang the banner for "We barely beat the Colts once the year they won the Super Bowl" let me know . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

:tup: Capn is feeling his oats..Go get em Hook :D

I would agree if i could read your post but as it is these three Vince Lombardi trophies are blinding me. But its nice that the Indianapolis Colts finally won a trophy instead of riding on the coat tails of the Baltimore Colts.

last second, 60+ yard FG with the wind at his back. When you hang the banner for "We barely beat the Colts once the year they won the Super Bowl" let me know . . .

LOL. That's as nice as hanging a banner for making the AFC Title Game, but not winning it.

The Redskins suck, the Titans over achieved. Move along.

LOL. That's as nice as hanging a banner for making the AFC Title Game, but not winning it.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them hang a banner for the victory in Baltimore in the Divisional round. It could read, "The day the people in Baltimore finally realized the Colts are no longer in Baltimore, and they are better than the team we currently have."

Is that at all like an AFC Finalist banner?

Hopefully the SB Champion one will replace the corny ones we have now. Surely they won't move those to the new stadium next year. You celebrate what ya got, I guess . . . lol . . . I always hated those. . . I don't mind the AFC East Champions banner, or the AFC South Champions banner, but the AFC Finalist banners have to go . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

no worries. 3 SB rings for the Redskins to 2 for the Colts, but something tells me the Colts are closer to getting another than the Redskins. Who needs the draft right? :D

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing them hang a banner for the victory in Baltimore in the Divisional round. It could read, "The day the people in Baltimore finally realized the Colts are no longer in Baltimore, and they are better than the team we currently have."

Hopefully the SB Champion one will replace the corny ones we have now. Surely they won't move those to the new stadium next year. You celebrate what ya got, I guess . . . lol . . . I always hated those. . . I don't mind the AFC East Champions banner, or the AFC South Champions banner, but the AFC Finalist banners have to go . . .

You'd have to think they'll get rid of it now...that was so lame it's unreal. Maybe they put it up just to piss of Peyton to finally go out and win the big one.

no worries. 3 SB rings for the Redskins to 2 for the Colts, but something tells me the Colts are closer to getting another than the Redskins. Who needs the draft right? :D

1 for Indy. No one who could score higher than Vince Young on the Wonderlick would consider SuperBowl 5 a victory for Indy.

2 Super Bowls for the team I root for. Deal with it. :D

<special-ed>Yeah, my team won a super bowl 14 years before moving to my town. Yeah</special-ed>

Here you go, a link with plenty of Indy Colts history and nothing related to Baltimore in any way.

No thanks. I'll just go look at the Colts record book. Looky there! Johnny Unitas is in there! I'll be damned! He played for the team I root for.

Burns you up doesn't it? :D

Not really, just make me think you are short bus. I can't imagine thinking about Jim Brown as a former player of the team I root for, even though he is. I guess you are like a two year old. If the colors are the same, it must match.

Oh yeah, check this out . . . 15-6!

Yeah, well, that sucks ass Terrance.