[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

North Carolina

cliaz

Well the wife and I spent Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday down in the beautiful state of North Carolina. More specifically Cary, N.C. It’s official. Clan Cliaz will be moving down there.

That area is way beautiful. In fact for the 1st part of the day I was walking around feeling uncomfortable and uneasy for some reason. Then it dawned on me. No trash lining the highways. Up here in my area of Maryland Cigarette butts are the state flower. Also there was nothing but white people walking around.

On my way. GB the impending culture shock (as I live in VA).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the wife and I spent Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday down in the beautiful state of North Carolina. More specifically Cary, N.C. It’s official. Clan Cliaz will be moving down there.

That area is way beautiful. In fact for the 1st part of the day I was walking around feeling uncomfortable and uneasy for some reason. Then it dawned on me. No trash lining the highways. Up here in my area of Maryland Cigarette butts are the state flower. Also there was nothing but white people walking around. I felt uncomfortable with that. Not used to an area like that.

The parks were gorgeous, the golf courses were insane, the streets were clean, and the shopping area beautiful, the homes were not 6,000 years old and the teenagers were respectable.

For $550k we could buy a way larger more beautiful home in a very upscale area down there instead of some crack house on a street corner like my area.

We’ve nailed 1 year to 18 months before moving.

When you live in a state that is home to the Baltimore Ravens, you are going to deal with a lot of crime. That is simply a fact, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Cliaz, will you fly the Confederate Flag proudly if I send one as a housewarming gift.

Cause ya know you will get seriously kilt in North Carolina if you refuse. :D

I'm black dude. that's not cool, cracka.

When you live in a state that is home to the Baltimore Ravens, you are going to deal with a lot of crime. That is simply a fact, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Hey I hate the ravens just as much as you. In this area if you are a Raven fan that just means you used to be a Cowboys fan.

I have a couple of friends who live in Cary and they love it. It sounds like a really nice place.

So kick me some knowledge on the area dude. What do you think about? Been there before?

So kick me some knowledge on the area dude. What do you think about? Been there before?

Unfortunately, I've never been there. I'm going off of what two of my friends from grad school (a husband/wife couple) have told me. I've heard that Cary is relatively upscale, affordable, the weather is great, and the drive to the coast is reasonable. The only downside is the occasional hurricane.

Ditto for the Redskins...

No trash lining the highways. Up here in my area of Maryland Cigarette butts are the state flower.

Stop it. I moved to PA almost 4 years ago and you are making me home sick. A lot of hard working folk, just folk that seem to think it is still 1982 and Bon Jovi is still cool.

This coming from a guy with a beautiful little girl in a Ravens Cheerleader outfit as his AV :D:D

That's 5 minutes for lack of imagination. Really, is that all you can think of?

Nice avy by the way, teaching that little girl good fashion sense.

Anyway, the Ravens are followed by the state of MD and much of South Central PA. Balmer (that is Baltimore City in the native white trash speak) is the only problem area, the counties are very nice.

Bon Jovi is still cool.

Totally unrelated, but we were at blockbuster last night looking for a movie and I stumbled across Bon Jovi in a Natl Lampoon movie about hockey. Right there next to Paris Hilton and whatever Natl Lampoon flick she's in (on another note, how long before everyone realizes that she's in maybe the 50th percentile of hotness?) My how he's fallen.

That's 5 minutes for lack of imagination. Really, is that all you can think of?

Nice avy by the way, teaching that little girl good fashion sense.

Anyway, the Ravens are followed by the state of MD and much of South Central PA. Balmer (that is Baltimore City in the native white trash speak) is the only problem area, the counties are very nice.

I know, it is isn't quite as clever and original as........... "Steelers ew poop" :D

I know, it is isn't quite as clever and original as........... "Steelers ew poop" :D

Ew poop is one of the first things my youngest boy said. He just wouldn't talk until he was almost two, then he wouldn't shut up. Anyway, as a joke, I pointed to a Steelers sign and said ew, poop. He still does it almost every time he sees it.

Best time was at Ravens Fan Fest about three years ago. We where in an elevator with about 20 Ravens fans all in their spamshirts and I asked him to say Steelers. Everyone gave me a look, then he said ew poop and he got about 20 high fives from everyone there. Made his day.

Ew poop is one of the first things my youngest boy said. He just wouldn't talk until he was almost two, then he wouldn't shut up. Anyway, as a joke, I pointed to a Steelers sign and said ew, poop. He still does it almost every time he sees it.

Best time was at Ravens Fan Fest about three years ago. We where in an elevator with about 20 Ravens fans all in their spamshirts and I asked him to say Steelers. Everyone gave me a look, then he said ew poop and he got about 20 high fives from everyone there. Made his day.

:D

That is funny. I can't wait until my son is old enough for that kind of stuff. :D

Totally unrelated, but we were at blockbuster last night looking for a movie and I stumbled across Bon Jovi in a Natl Lampoon movie about hockey. Right there next to Paris Hilton and whatever Natl Lampoon flick she's in (on another note, how long before everyone realizes that she's in maybe the 50th percentile of hotness?) My how he's fallen.

Dude he is also in a vampire movie too.

Now that we live in PA, it's about 40% Ravens fans, 40% Steelers and 20% Eagles. He has plenty of chances to do it.

My area is about 45 % Steelers, 50 % Eagles, & 5 % Raves. When the local TV station puts on the Ravens over the Steelers due to being in their demographic region, the people go bonkers.

Edited by Menudo

My area is about 45 % Steelers, 50 % Eagles, & 5 % Raves. When the local TV station puts on the Ravens over the Steelers due to being in their demographic region, the people go bonkers.

is it true that steeler fans take it in the mouth? :D

It's not a bad TV area I live in. We get:

Comcast Sports Net (Maryland/DC based)

Fox Sports Pittsburgh (Go Pens)

All Baltimore Channels

Most Lancaster Channels

Baseball: All Orioles, Nationals games. Many Pirates games.

Football: All Ravens games. Some Deadskins. Some Eagles.

Hockey: All Pens games. Anything on Vs.

Basketball: Who cares.

It's not a bad TV area I live in. We get:

Comcast Sports Net (Maryland/DC based)

Fox Sports Pittsburgh (Go Pens)

All Baltimore Channels

Most Lancaster Channels

Baseball: All Orioles, Nationals games. Many Pirates games.

Football: All Ravens games. Some Deadskins. Some Eagles.

Hockey: All Pens games. Anything on Vs.

Basketball: Who cares.

Damn, that is nice.

I'm in an area, where with my mlb.tv subscription, I am blacked out from Pirates, Orioles, Nationals, & Phillies games. :D

Luckily, I found a workaround and can watch all games.

I'll give you credit for rooting for the Penguins. I don't know if I could ever root for a team from Baltimore due to my severe dislike of the Ravens. :D

Edited by Menudo