[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I HAVE to take Peterson right?

I actually finished 6th, but made a trade before the season. The guy ended up finishing last, so I have the #1 rook pick. Peterson has to be the answer right? Unless I can trade out and pick up another starting RB?

Looking at your current roster, with Dillon on his last legs, I would take Peterson. You have less quality depth at RB than at WR.

However, if your draft is after the NFL draft, take into account the team that drafts each of these two players. There continues to be talk about Oakland picking up Johnson -- that would kill his value. And a team that already has a solid younger RB, or that has a bad offensive line, could hurt Peterson. Take this into account.

SuperChiefs / John

Your league scoring might help with answering the question. But under all but the most unusual circumstances, yes, you have to take AD. CJ is a safer pick, but AD's upside given the way his skill set ought to transfer to the next level more than justifies the risk differential - regardless of the team he goes to.

If you don't want AD with pick 1.01, your smart move is to trade the pick to the owner in the 2 hole & pick up an additional draft pick. I'm sure he'd be elated to take AD off the board for you.

You really aren't giving up much information to go on.

Based on the standards, Peterson has so much upside and RB's have such a premium in any FF league, unless you are stocked at RB, you do have to take Peterson.

If you are stocked at RB, then consider trading down just a few spots to someone that does want him.

You really aren't giving up much information to go on.

Based on the standards, Peterson has so much upside and RB's have such a premium in any FF league, unless you are stocked at RB, you do have to take Peterson.

If you are stocked at RB, then consider trading down just a few spots to someone that does want him.

Well my roster is in the sig. RBs and WRs are treated equally in this league: all TDs = 6, and 1 point for 10 yards. No reception points.

CJ is a sure thing. He is a stud.

Peterson is a question mark..could be the next LT or could be the next Dayne.

I'm very sorry, but no one is "a sure thing". Except that it IS a sure thing that if Oakland were to take CJ as some have suggested, I would have a very tough time taking him as my 1.1 pick in a dynasty draft. Playing for the worst offensive team in the NFL, with Walters as the apparent QB, a terrible offensive line, a coach with (to be nice) limited experience, and a psychotic owner. I like CJ a lot -- think he is an extremely talented receiver with a huge upside in the NFL. But this kind of scenario can be difficult even for a rookie who is "a sure thing".

:D SuperChiefs / John

I don't know, even with no reception points, he has 2 RB on his roster, 1 1/2 to 2 WR, and 0 TE. I'd still say the greater need is WR.

You can ride out James and Maroney in '07, and get a fresher RB in '08.

I'd still go Johnson.

WR-Randy, DJack, Roy Williams, Brown, Bennett, BJones, Gabriel, Bradley, Rogers

1 1/2 to 2 WR worth starting. Williams, obviously. Then who? Jackson, when healthy (or in a productive system). Maybe Moss, maybe Bennett?

looks to me that he has good wr to patch together each week so I would take the chance on a rb that has good up side . CJ is a good wr but he only has 3-4 great games a year the rest are avg with housh getting alot of those looks and balls .... good luck

1 1/2 to 2 WR worth starting. Williams, obviously. Then who? Jackson, when healthy (or in a productive system). Maybe Moss, maybe Bennett?

Reggie Brown :D

Edit to add: I would go with AP

Edited by T_bone65

Moss figuring to change teams, or playing with a QB who while young can reach him deep on patterns (kind of like C-Pepps jump balls) ought to make a fine #2 FF WR. Jackson when healthy is a legit #2 FF WR. Bennett gets a change of scenary & with all the WRs fleeing the coup in STL and Bruce not getting any younger, he could get a decent amount of work.

Brown is a reasonable bye week fill-in.

That's not a bad set of WRs depending on how everything shakes out. If Moss goes to GB, it could be an outstanding group.

Reggie Brown :D

Duh. :tup: Troy was my first thought. :doh: That's a pretty solid WR corps.

I guess I have a completely divergent opinion regarding Peterson. I believe there are durability issues that would make me uncomfortable drafting him. If I had the #1 pick, I would select Johnson. With that WR corps, it will likely be a devastating trio by 2009. I'm obviously in the minority. :D

Duh. :D Troy was my first thought. :tup: That's a pretty solid WR corps.

I guess I have a completely divergent opinion regarding Peterson. I believe there are durability issues that would make me uncomfortable drafting him. If I had the #1 pick, I would select Johnson. With that WR corps, it will likely be a devastating trio by 2009. I'm obviously in the minority. :D

You have to go with Peterson. Both of his injuries were freak injuries. Nothing is wrong with any of his joints.

looks to me that he has good wr to patch together each week so I would take the chance on a rb that has good up side . CJ is a good wr but he only has 3-4 great games a year the rest are avg with housh getting alot of those looks and balls .... good luck

damn my bad wrong CJ :D still say Peterson

Edited by soco