[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFO picture

DMD

I had a friend who took his family to the Bay Area in California. He took a lot of pictures and was looking through them afterwards when one had a strange "object" in the sky which he never noticed when he took the picture.

The picture

If you save the photo and blow it up, you can see it better. It is a high res picture so it blows up pretty well. The sun is reflected off the side of it and there does not appear to be any wings or tail fins like a plane.

Oh yes, it is up in the sky in case you cannot see it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a friend who took his family to the Bay Area in California. He took a lot of pictures and was looking through them afterwards when one had a strange "object" in the sky which he never noticed when he took the picture.

The picture

If you save the photo and blow it up, you can see it better. It is a high res picture so it blows up pretty well. The sun is reflected off the side of it and there does not appear to be any wings or tail fins like a plane.

Oh yes, it is up in the sky in case you cannot see it.

Stealth fighter or bomber :D

I blew it up huge in paint and it looks like a photochop to me. (the blue pixels in the front of the craft don't match the blue in the rest of the sky)

I see what you're talking about, there's a distinct blue line above the object in question that differs from the sky.

I see what you're talking about, there's a distinct blue line above the object in question that differs from the sky.

I can assure you that it is not a photoshop. He never even noticed it when he took the picture, it was only when he got home. And he does not have the ability to photoshop. Whatever it is was there when he took the picture.

There is a light blue "line" that contours to the top of the whatever, and there is also a lighter "red-whitish" line contouring the bottom.

There is a light blue "line" that contours to the top of the whatever, and there is also a lighter "red-whitish" line contouring the bottom.

I see the same thing. If you open the image using paint w/ the pic zoomed in at 800%, then click on View > Zoom > Show Grid (Ctrl+G) the "glow" around the UFO is especially noticeable. The grid I suppose helps clarify these differences even more distinctively.

This is actually quite interesting.. :D Although my assumption is that the offset 'background' or glow around the ufo is a reflection from the sun. Which is very possible.

I still have no idea what this is though. :D

This is a mylar balloon floating in the sky and when your friend took a picture the camera tried to focus it. the funny looking shape has to do with what is called Pixel bleeding. I had a long time to study up on that one. It is where the object is so far away or traveling so fast that the digital camera bleeds pixels into each other. I've blown this up in photoshop and I am 98% sure its nothing more then a mylar balloon.

This is a mylar balloon floating in the sky and when your friend took a picture the camera tried to focus it. the funny looking shape has to do with what is called Pixel bleeding. I had a long time to study up on that one. It is where the object is so far away or traveling so fast that the digital camera bleeds pixels into each other. I've blown this up in photoshop and I am 98% sure its nothing more then a mylar balloon.

I thought of that as well but it doesn't seem like it is shaped like one to me - it appears to have sharper angles to me.