[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At what age did ya

nuke'em ttg

Your daughter is wiser than her years. Both my daughters didn't actually "date" until 16. I had an advantage in that I had the boys they dated in class when they were 7th graders so I had a good idea of their character. They (the boys) also knew I would denutt them if I even thought they were anything less than gentlemen with my girls. And it turned out alright. The oldest married an electical engineer and the youngest turned 21 and this year and appears to have a solid head on her shoulders. Trust your instincts and meet EVERY little pecker that comes to ask her out. They're not ALL walking hard-ons.

Well, they ARE but you can act as the deflater. :D

Ghey boyfriends are not an answer, either.

My daughter set 16 and is holdin fast.......she is 15 and a 17 year old asked her to Prom.....i shot it down and i think she was relieved.......big f'n diff in those 2 years

F- it....i'll just pm RR & Sky......... :D

Keeping in mind that the wife was 16 when we got married you could say we had a more open mind to early dating under very strict rules. Never got a chance to use those rules though since our daughter didn't start dating until she was 17. I met each and every young man (she expected and wanted it) and we had a "talk" prior to the first date. When they left for the date those young men had a clear picture of where they stood on the continuance of life scale. Never had a problem with age differences since it never applied.

My daughter will be 15 in August and I have informed my daughter on countless occassions that she will not be allowed to date until she is 38. Furthermore I have informed her that I will likely kill the first boy she brings home so that word will get around.

In all seriousness we have set the age at 16 ... with rules. She will NOT be allowed to date anybody we have not met and she will NOT be allowed to date anybody that is 2+ years older.

My daughter won't turn 16 until the beginning of her junior year in HS.

thank god i have a healthy little boy.... :D

all my buddies that have girls have said thats all they want from now on....was that true for you guys?

granted they are all under the age of 3 right now.

Are you asking that if I was to have more children would I prefer to have only boys? I don't know how to answer that. I have both a boy and a girl. Both are very special to me ... both are very different and are challenging in their own ways.

My kids are 15 and 12 right now so adding another one at this point is soooooo not happening (even if my wife was healthy). But if you had asked this question of me when my children were 5 and 2 I would have been happy to have either a boy or a girl.

Are you asking that if I was to have more children would I prefer to have only boys? I don't know how to answer that. I have both a boy and a girl. Both are very special to me ... both are very different and are challenging in their own ways.

My kids are 15 and 12 right now so adding another one at this point is soooooo not happening (even if my wife was healthy). But if you had asked this question of me when my children were 5 and 2 I would have been happy to have either a boy or a girl.

i hear ya....i guess either way, just hope they are healthy.

thank god i have a healthy little boy.... :D

all my buddies that have girls have said thats all they want from now on....was that true for you guys?

granted they are all under the age of 3 right now.

Three girls, one boy. :D

16 was the age for all 3 of my daughters, the rule is and always will be if the young guys want to even talk to my girls , they needed to go through me first. If they could deal with me, if they passed my tests, then maybe they could ask my daughter to the dance or prom etc. it is hard because of all the school dances etc around that age.

Oh and the older boy thing, NO WAY!

Edited by NSab

I have a 7 month old girl right now and I'm not looking forward to having to deal with this at all. Sky and NSab, I may be asking for your advice in about 14 years.

:D

What makes you think Sky can make another 14 years?

Oh wait :D given that Sky has been around since the age of the dinosaur it is highly likely he will be around when time ceases.

I stand corrected.

Edited by Grits and Shins

My Aunt had a family from a SouthEast European country (Romania I think) move next door. Anyway, girl turns 15, starts attracting boys. My Aunt said the dad comes home one day, wave hi, go into his house and then comes out chasing a boy down the street. Guess the daughter didn't think he'd be home yet. Hope I never have to do that.

Edited by Big Red

They're not ALL walking hard-ons.

Well, they ARE but you can act as the deflater. :clap:

:doh::D:tup::D:D

16 was the age for all 3 of my daughters, the rule is and always will be if the young guys want to even talk to my girls , they needed to go through me first. If they could deal with me, if they passed my tests, then maybe they could ask my daughter to the dance or prom etc. it is hard because of all the school dances etc around that age.

Oh and the older boy thing, NO WAY!

What was your test????

My little girl just turned 1, and according to me, she's not dating till she's 35, but just in case, I need to start developing the "test and speech" now!!! :D

I loved the scene from Bad Boys II when Will Smith & Martin Lawrence ran that 16 year old kid the riot act when he came to pick up his daughter. I evisioned something along those lines for the speech......

I started dating in the traditional sense in 8th grade. What is that... 13?

Anyway... there is a fine line between protective and overprotective. I took one girl to a dance and her father sat me down and tried like hell to intimidate me... including pulling out his 44 and showing it to me. Guess what... it worked! I never dated his daughter again.

Instead of dating me, the nice honors student who at least pretended to respect women... she started dating a guy who's nicknames included "Trucker" and "Toughnuts". He did nasty awful things to her and talked about it constantly to whoever would listen. The father didn't scare him off, and instead the daughter moved out when she was 17. As far as I know, she's a trailer slut now. Nice work, Dad!

Tough question, but I wouldn't even think of it before 16, except in groups of kids. I just read a good book about this and other things:

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters by Dr. Meg Meeker

A little heavy on the religion recommendation for my taste, but otherwise solid advice (with some both horrific and inspiring stories) written from her perspective as a long-time pediatrician.

One of the more interesting things was how the adult cognitive decision-making abilities really aren't there until the mid-20s, i.e. 'wisdom', despite the intellectual/physical abilities appearing during HS.

Auto insurance companies know this too, which is why rates drop after age 25. I wonder if the military keeps this in mind....

Edit to add: insurance knows this from the accidents of course - they can't raise rates just for brain science sake....

Edited by Coffeeman