[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hot Fuzz

Dr. Rock

Anyone see it? As a huge Shaun of the Dead fan, I enjoyed this a lot. Point Break references everywhere! And when the helicopter flew over, Bad Boys style.. fantastic. Not to mention Romeo & Juliet dancing to the Cardigans "Love Fool".

I LOVED it! I actually thought it was better than Shaun, and that's saying something. The writing was tighter, funnier, even more clever. Simply tremendous!

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVED it! I actually thought it was better than Shaun, and that's saying something. The writing was tighter, funnier, even more clever. Simply tremendous!

I probably liked it less than SotD, but probably because the homo-erotic buddy action cop flick is less in my wheelhouse than the zombie film - it felt overstuffed and overedited, but that's a staple of the genre it was subverting, so it was probably 100% intentional.

Still, most awesome climax ever as far as improbable action goes - and I loved the fact the big action set-piece ended with a 10-mile-an-hour car crash.

• 4 months later...

just caught this on a plane and thoroughly enjoyed it. if you are looking for a laugh your ass off rental and one of the most jaw dropping climaxes of any movie you've ever seen, this one is for you!

also just read that simon pegg, the star and writer of this flick, was just named to play scotty in the new star trek movie. how over the top is that?!?!?

• 8 months later...
:wacko:

What? I've used this one off and on for a while now, didn't know it's been in use around here.

Is that why my other was gunned?

That would not be the reason, but DMD guns the racier avatars.