[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aundrae Allison

CaP'N GRuNGe

Ok, I've heard a few comments on him that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Check this out... :D

Vikings’ fifth-round pick

Sunday, April 29th, 2007 by Judd Zulgad The Vikings took receiver and punt returner Aundrae Allison from East Carolina. Allison, who is 6 feet, 197 pounds, had 62 receptions for 708 yards with four touchdowns in 11 games last season. He was slowed last season by an ankle injury. In 2005, he caught 83 passes for 1,024 yards and seven touchdowns in 11 games.

Here’s what Pro Football Weekly had to say: “Natural talent who is still very green coming from the junior-college ranks and has a high ceiling. Intelligence and toughness deficiencies could hinder development.

Updated quotes: We just got off the phone with Allison. (Well, that’s not entirely true. I also ate a few pieces of pizza first.) Anyway, Allison said he expected to go to Tampa Bay. Asked why he thought he lasted so long, Allison said: “I feel like the people that picked over me just the history of them making good picks is not good at all. It’s not a coincidence on how the people they pick they don’t ever really make the playoffs. I feel Minnesota is good at evaluating talent and the organization is on the come up. … The teams that passed on me, I felt like they weren’t doing research good enough.”

Allison did not make a pre-draft visit to Minnesota but did talk to the team at the Senior Bowl and NFL Scouting Combine. Allison agreed that he will get a good opportunity with the Vikings.

“They don’t really have a permanent receiving corps and I feel like I can go in there and just compete. I’m confident in my skill level. I feel like I just know that when I get there and the opportunity is give to me that I’m going to make the best out of it. I pretty much look forward to getting a lot of PT this year.”

:D

I see that people complain about AD. He says "you know" in every sentence that comes out of his mouth.

Ok by me when he says in the future, "I just knew I'd have a chance to rush for 2000 yards, you know, for the Vikes cause they be a quality franchise and everything you know."

Ok, I've heard a few comments on him that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Check this out... :D

Vikings’ fifth-round pick

Sunday, April 29th, 2007 by Judd Zulgad The Vikings took receiver and punt returner Aundrae Allison from East Carolina. Allison, who is 6 feet, 197 pounds, had 62 receptions for 708 yards with four touchdowns in 11 games last season. He was slowed last season by an ankle injury. In 2005, he caught 83 passes for 1,024 yards and seven touchdowns in 11 games.

Here’s what Pro Football Weekly had to say: “Natural talent who is still very green coming from the junior-college ranks and has a high ceiling. Intelligence and toughness deficiencies could hinder development.

Updated quotes: We just got off the phone with Allison. (Well, that’s not entirely true. I also ate a few pieces of pizza first.) Anyway, Allison said he expected to go to Tampa Bay. Asked why he thought he lasted so long, Allison said: “I feel like the people that picked over me just the history of them making good picks is not good at all. It’s not a coincidence on how the people they pick they don’t ever really make the playoffs. I feel Minnesota is good at evaluating talent and the organization is on the come up. … The teams that passed on me, I felt like they weren’t doing research good enough.”

Allison did not make a pre-draft visit to Minnesota but did talk to the team at the Senior Bowl and NFL Scouting Combine. Allison agreed that he will get a good opportunity with the Vikings.

“They don’t really have a permanent receiving corps and I feel like I can go in there and just compete. I’m confident in my skill level. I feel like I just know that when I get there and the opportunity is give to me that I’m going to make the best out of it. I pretty much look forward to getting a lot of PT this year.”

:D

:tup:

Well, he'll fit in up in MIN. I've heard numerous MIN natives talk the same way until they had a bottle of JD or two to warm them up a bit...

The only thing that could be funnier about this is if you were from Wisconsin. Are you from Wisconsin by any chance?

I don't think you need to be a brain surgeon to make it in the NFL, but it does seem that most guys who manage to have longish and productive careers are at least above stupid on the scale. At some point, you're going to have to figure out an angle 'cause speed and strength will only get you so far against other freaks of nature in this regard.

WR would seem to be just such a position. It's got to be a chess match out there trying to get open against the same guy all game long or to figure out where the soft spot is in the zone. If you're not smart enough to pull some tricks out, you're likely going to get shut down.

In college, a guy like that is going against future PE teachers, so he can just run past them all game long. Those days, of course, are numbered once you make it to the big show.