[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Link your dynasty draft here

Bronco Billy

At 3.05 took Drew Stanton as a project. Anyone throwing to CJ And Roy Williams and in Martz's system has to have upside.

I've taken him in the middle of the second roun in two drafts. The guy was going to be a good pro QB to begin with. Throwing the the DET WRs really enhances his value. [shocked]I can't believe I just wrote that statement[/shocked]

Edited by Bronco Billy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, you need to take-Ryans finished #87in scoring and look at it with the rookies-How did he finish accordind to the other rookies? That's how I judge a rookie pick-Not in the same pool as LT. However, there are more than one way to skin a cat. So, put the rooks in a class, Jones-Drew and Colston was up there-but where was Ryans?

Why is that? Do you have a rookie starting requirement? Because if you don't, value of players has nothing to do with whether they are rookies or not.

Dynasty Wars

Just got out of the 1st rounds but so far has went pretty much as I thought it would. I just took Poz and Beason with 1.10 and 1.12. Probably a little early on Beason, but my only LB to speak of was Ryans. Also like Poz he should start this year probably at WLB with a chance to move to MLB sometime soon.

Edited by Ziachild007

Dynasty Wars

Just got out of the 1st rounds but so far has went pretty much as I thought it would. I just took Poz and Beason with 1.10 and 1.12. Probably a little early on Beason, but my only LB to speak of was Ryans. Also like Poz he should start this year probably at WLB with a chance to move to MLB sometime soon.

Wow. You've got 8 LBs in the top 20 scorers? I'm surprised Poz & Beason were there that late. LBs are like #1 RBs in traditional leagues the way your league scores. Those were great value picks.

I've taken him in the middle of the second roun in two drafts. The guy was going to be a good pro QB to begin with. Throwing the the DET WRs really enhances his value. [shocked]I can't believe I just wrote that statement[/shocked]

I happily grabbed him at 3.01. Although not exactly the same, I'd like to see a similar situation like Cincinnati.

I happily grabbed him at 3.01. Although not exactly the same, I'd like to see a similar situation like Cincinnati.

I took Stanton at 2.03 in DWIII...Eli is my only QB of note on the roster and Quinn went higher than i though he would. So i reached abit, but i couldnt/didnt want to risk him not being there at 2.15

I took Stanton at 2.03 in DWIII...Eli is my only QB of note on the roster and Quinn went higher than i though he would. So i reached abit, but i couldnt/didnt want to risk him not being there at 2.15

Same here(Eli) but I got Russell at 1.05 and then Stanton at 3.05(no 2nd round pick). QB play was a real problem last year and hopefully these guys will help.

Same here(Eli) but I got Russell at 1.05 and then Stanton at 3.05(no 2nd round pick). QB play was a real problem last year and hopefully these guys will help.

I have Brady and Garcia in mine, took Beck as BPA @ 2.10, and took Edwards as BPA again @ 3.10. Stanton went 2.12 in our league. I also had the 3.07 and 3.09. Took Beason and Jason Hill there. Thought it was decent value for those positions.

1.09 Willis, Patrick SFO LB

1.12 Rice, Sidney MIN WR

3.10 Weddle, Eric SDC S

3.12 Rouse, Aaron GBP S

Missed the 4 players I coveted 2 picks ahead of me in the 3rd; Gaines Adams, Zach Miller, Antonio Pittman & Jamaal Anderson then ended up doubling up on the DBs. Both getting looks in the starting lineup at SS, I may get some very good production out of at least one of them down the stretch this season.

Well into the fourth round.... and what a difference between last year and this. It's like a wasteland. Already down to long, long shots. This is a very weak class compared to last year. There aren't any Brandon Marshalls or Omar Gaithers that I can find, unless Yamon Figures is the next Colston. I'd have given up my 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th round picks for an early fourth this year. Usually I think i might have a diamond hidden in these mid to late rounds, but this year... no way. Not to say there aren't any, but if ya know of one.... PM please! :D

Well into the fourth round.... and what a difference between last year and this. It's like a wasteland. Already down to long, long shots. This is a very weak class compared to last year. There aren't any Brandon Marshalls or Omar Gaithers that I can find, unless Yamon Figures is the next Colston. I'd have given up my 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th round picks for an early fourth this year. Usually I think i might have a diamond hidden in these mid to late rounds, but this year... no way. Not to say there aren't any, but if ya know of one.... PM please! :D

:D I'm feelin' pretty good about the mid-round sleepers this year.

1.09 Willis, Patrick SFO LB

1.12 Rice, Sidney MIN WR

3.10 Weddle, Eric SDC S

3.12 Rouse, Aaron GBP S

Missed the 4 players I coveted 2 picks ahead of me in the 3rd; Gaines Adams, Zach Miller, Antonio Pittman & Jamaal Anderson then ended up doubling up on the DBs. Both getting looks in the starting lineup at SS, I may get some very good production out of at least one of them down the stretch this season.

That's a pretty nice draft. You got very good value with Rice at 1.12, Rouse is going to be what Chuck Cecil was for GB - very similar play & disposition. Not crazy about Weddle, but I've sure been wrong in the past enough.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:D

I'm sure you will elaborate once this draft period is over.... but I got players like Brandon Marshall, Kieaho, Gaither, Leon Washington and the like well into last year's draft. At the time, I felt each had good sleeper potential. I'm not feelin it for this draft class. Is Laurent Robinson some sleeper? Kolby? Clowney? Stuckey? Then a bunch of tweeners who will land ina 3-4 somewhere? Just don't see any late round sleepers I like. not like last year, anyways. I'll probably take Ahamd Bradshaw in the fifth. If I thought that was some sort of value/sleeper pick, I wouldn't even mention it... but these guys at this point are... meh.

Nice draft for DT's and offensive linemen though.

Decent value = understatement. That's great value in those slots.

Yes it is.

From Darin Gantt

The Panthers gave incumbent weakside linebacker Na'il Diggs a $400,000 signing bonus on a one-year deal this offseason, but that's before they drafted Miami's Jon Beason.

They think Beason can be an impact player on the weakside, but he's really around so they don't get caught with their pants down if Dan Morgan gets hurt again. They have this thing about letting guys who were in town work with the ones during mini-camps, which might buy Diggs some time.

But the writing's on the wall, and it doesn't have to be in verse to be noticed.

James Jones looks like another Driver or Jennings. He's a little slower but stronger than Jennings. I drafted him late 4th. Talk has been making Jennings into the slot WR so he could start.

:D

I'm sure you will elaborate once this draft period is over.... but I got players like Brandon Marshall, Kieaho, Gaither, Leon Washington and the like well into last year's draft. At the time, I felt each had good sleeper potential. I'm not feelin it for this draft class. Is Laurent Robinson some sleeper? Kolby? Clowney? Stuckey? Then a bunch of tweeners who will land ina 3-4 somewhere? Just don't see any late round sleepers I like. not like last year, anyways. I'll probably take Ahamd Bradshaw in the fifth. If I thought that was some sort of value/sleeper pick, I wouldn't even mention it... but these guys at this point are... meh.

Nice draft for DT's and offensive linemen though.

It's funny because most FFers, including die hards who play in keepers & redrafts likely don't have a clue who the heck you are talking about and you're making it out to be a steal, whereas in a deep dynasty draft those aren't bad picks. :tup:

actually bradshaw could see tome playing time this year as is a definate change of pace from Jacobs/Droughns. but all i really know about him is is size...never saw any highlights from his days at marshall

Edited by Robash

I'm the team that took Willis at 1.9 in DWII. I had preselected Willis, Meachem then Rice. I debated putting Meachem first, but it wouldn't have mattered since he went two picks ahead of me. My needs dictated that I take a LB or WR, both strictly for depth. I chose Willis over Poz simply for talent. I honestly don't think it will matter if he's going to be in a 3-4 or 4-3. As it turned out I still got my WR (Rice) at 1.12 anyway, so no-harm-no-foul.

I see you took Nicholas in the 4th. Do you think Demorrio will be out awhile?

I see you took Nicholas in the 4th. Do you think Demorrio will be out awhile?

It's worth a shot. Who knows, maybe he'll outplay him & get a shot at actually starting by next season. WLB is not a bad place to play in Atlanta.