[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes

CaP'N GRuNGe

so here's a thought: what if peter has to explode because it's the only way to kill sylar? hiro's comic only shows the sword going into sylar. i don't think it actually shows him dying.

by the way, the scene with D.L. and linderman was sweet.

so here's a thought: what if peter has to explode because it's the only way to kill sylar? hiro's comic only shows the sword going into sylar. i don't think it actually shows him dying.

by the way, the scene with D.L. and linderman was sweet.

So, it would seem that part of the future timeline has already changed. It appears that D.L. is now dead from the shot from Linderman. In the future timeline, when Peter is dating Jessica/Nikki, he said he needed to change the past because he's the one who blew up the city and he killed DL and Micah. :D

Also, what's October 14th??? Subject line.........:D

Edited by Big Dogs

I was a little disappointed in this episode.

Is Hiro really going to suddenly be a samurai sword master after one episode? OMG.

Peter and Claire just so happen to run across Ted's accident on their way out of town? Come on.

Is Hiro really going to suddenly be a samurai sword master after one episode? OMG.

This was my first thought as well ... but with Hiro's ability to stop time or move back in forth in time you can pre-suppose that while a couple of hours passed in real time that there was a significant amount of training that occurred in stopped time.

I must also admit that it is unclear to me how anybody believes that Hiro's ability to master the art of the Samurai is going to aid him in his quest to kily Sylar. Sylar has already demonstrated the ability to break out of "frozen time" and Hiro's sword will not help him against all of Sylar's talents.

Edited by Grits and Shins

This was my first thought as well ... but with Hiro's ability to stop time or move back in forth in time you can pre-suppose that while a couple of hours passed in real time that there was a significant amount of training that occurred in stopped time.

I must also admit that it is unclear to me how anybody believes that Hiro's ability to master the art of the Samurai is going to aid him in his quest to kily Sylar. Sylar has already demonstrated the ability to break out of "frozen time" and Hiro's sword will not help him against all of Sylar's talents.

I don't think Sylar actually "broke out" of Hiro's frozen time. I think Hiro waivered in his will to attack and kill Sylar, and that broke his time control. It has already been established that he can "lose" his powers with a loss of confidence. I think what the writers are trying to illustrate here is the "maturation" of Hiro. His learning bushido is a very, very Japanese thing. It looks like the writers are borrowing heavily from the samurai genre of movies for Hiro's storyline.

I didn't like the whole "I'll train you right now to be a master swordsman, got a half hour?" I think something that was not well illustrated may be that Hiro's father has an ability. (Beyond the ghey arts, of course, but that is another subject). Now whether that ability is to stop time, as Hiro does, or teach skillz Matrix-style, I dunno.

We don't know his fathers abilities. Maybe his father can teach others very quickly or maybe time didnt lapse because Hiro froze it. Either way I am cool with how it ended up.

Correct me if I am wrong, but earlier in the season didnt that female FBI agent run into Sylar and actually chased him? Then she suddenly sees him and thanks him for the "tip" and not realizing it was him? That was total BS.

And Suffering succotash! Peter could have easily froze time or made all three of them invisible. And I didn't like Peter being such a Rosie O'Donnell saying that he cant defeat Sylar. He should be able to do same things Sylar can.

Great show though...love it!

Correct me if I am wrong, but earlier in the season didnt that female FBI agent run into Sylar and actually chased him? Then she suddenly sees him and thanks him for the "tip" and not realizing it was him? That was total BS.

True, however, in that episode, she did not get a good look at his face as it was shadowed. Sylar never got close enough to her to finish the job because Parkman came around the corner shooting.

Does anyone believe that Linderman is actually dead?

Also, DL wasn't dead yet... right? He was just gutshot.

The only thing that made me cranky was that the Mohinder/Bennett standoff was on hold for like a half hour. They set it up... put it on pause for 30 minutes... then said "To Be Continued". At least edit that scene into the end of the episode!

Anyway. I had heard that during the summer break they were going to air some kind of spin-off/supplemental Heroes content. Is that fo' real?

I was surprised that Linderman died so soon, since having someone who can actually heal others is a nice power to have around. Too bad Peter didn't get close to him first. And Ted's exit was pretty gruesome also.

Sylar vs. Peter will be epic next week, but I can't help thinking we'll get some kind of Obi-Wan-esque 'I'll have greater power in death' kind of deal, from whichever one of them goes down. No doubt a big cliffhanger is coming too...

edit: I heard the same thing about a mini-spinoff, I think for 5-6 eppies only.

edit: I heard the same thing about a mini-spinoff, I think for 5-6 eppies only.

The spinoff has been greenlighted. It features an original origin story each week, and viewers vote to add that featured hero to the main series.

NBC announced it yesterday. Will be 8 episodes, featuring a new main character each week. Viewers vote on their favorite character that will be added to the main plot line of heroes. Heroes:Origins will run in the spring to bridge the gap in Heroes hiatus, as they saw a decent decline in ratings when they were simply off the air for the 6 weeks... the Lost factor... no one wants to air repeats anymore for fear of backlash like Lost saw, but they losr viewers when they take the midseason breaks.

So, it would seem that part of the future timeline has already changed. It appears that D.L. is now dead from the shot from Linderman. In the future timeline, when Peter is dating Jessica/Nikki, he said he needed to change the past because he's the one who blew up the city and he killed DL and Micah. :D

Also, what's October 14th??? Subject line.........:D

actually, in the "future" episode, micah was dead, but D.L. was in hiding. peter tried to get bennett to reveal where D.L was so he could rescue future hiro.

actually, in the "future" episode, micah was dead, but D.L. was in hiding. peter tried to get bennett to reveal where D.L was so he could rescue future hiro.

So DL was supposedly in hiding, however, at the end of the "future" episode, Sylar walked through that door disguised as "Nathan Patrelli" indicating that he had DL's phasing capability. :D

Granted, this is speculation, and its a supposed future timeline that hasn't really happened, but man... :D:tup:

So DL was supposedly in hiding, however, at the end of the "future" episode, Sylar walked through that door disguised as "Nathan Patrelli" indicating that he had DL's phasing capability. :D

Granted, this is speculation, and its a supposed future timeline that hasn't really happened, but man... :D:tup:

I assumed Sylar killed DL also.

But who knows maybe another slob had the powers DL had