[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes Season Finale

peteteacher2001

Oh, there will be plenty of cliffhanger situations left... gotta be able to keep storylines planned out for the next couple seasons.

On a semi-unrelated Heroes note, the guy that plays PArkman, the cop that can hear thoughts, has lost about 35 pounds since they filmed the pilot, and is working to lose another 15-20 pounds. His agent thinks it'll help him get more leading man type roles as oppossed to sidekick roles, and the producers of Heroes apparently have made some mention of having to rework the character a bit if he continues to drop weight. I say good for him.

Are you saying you might miss the show due to work? Tivo my friend, tivo....

No just not happy with the outcome is all. This is a series that I can't stop watching but there have been some episodes that leave me scratching my head saying, "Is that all?".

On a semi-unrelated Heroes note, the guy that plays PArkman, the cop that can hear thoughts, has lost about 35 pounds since they filmed the pilot, and is working to lose another 15-20 pounds. His agent thinks it'll help him get more leading man type roles as oppossed to sidekick roles, and the producers of Heroes apparently have made some mention of having to rework the character a bit if he continues to drop weight. I say good for him.

I've liked him since his Alias sidekick days, and I think he will get more roles. Apparently also a good guy and family man - one of his kids has a disability, I think. But his characters have all been very similar...

I've liked him since his Alias sidekick days, and I think he will get more roles. Apparently also a good guy and family man - one of his kids has a disability, I think. But his characters have all been very similar...

Never got into Alias, so this is the first time I've seen him. Was gonna IMDB him to see what other stuff he has done.

Greg Grunberg is a lifelong friend of tv wunderkind JJ Abrams - which is why he's been in Felicity, Alias, Lost and What About Brian. So if JJ has a show Greg will be in it, at least for awhile. His stint on Lost didn't last long....

Greg Grunberg is a lifelong friend of tv wunderkind JJ Abrams - which is why he's been in Felicity, Alias, Lost and What About Brian. So if JJ has a show Greg will be in it, at least for awhile. His stint on Lost didn't last long....

Which character was he in Lost?

My theory-

The boogy man that Molly talks about said that when she looked for him he saw her.

Now here's my thought. I think the boogy man is a future Sylar from another timeline that was able to kill all the heroes and amassed all their powers. Make sense?

He shoots, he scores.

Is Peter alive or dead isn't much of a cliff hanger. How exactly do you think he could survive a nuclear explosion which surely spread his particles to wide for there to be anything left to regenerate.

If the series brings Peter back it will be very weak IMO.

Is Peter alive or dead isn't much of a cliff hanger. How exactly do you think he could survive a nuclear explosion which surely spread his particles to wide for there to be anything left to regenerate.

If the series brings Peter back it will be very weak IMO.

I really think you're trying to overanalyze things here.

I liked it, but have some Qs:

1) Why did Nathan have to fly Peter up there - couldn't he have done it himself, having absorbed the power?

2) Have we already seen the bad dude who can 'see' Molly when she thinks of him, or will he be introduced in volume 2?

3) Sylar stopped bullets during the final battle scene, but couldn't stop the sword? Hiro wasn't that fast - he must've been too preoccupied with the others to avoid it, I guess.

4) The solar eclipse at the end of the Vol. 2 sneak peek - did it have significance in vol. 1, other than being the intro shot all year? I missed the first couple shows, so maybe it was explained.

And yeah, the Silver Surfer/F4 trailer was pretty cool....

Edit to add: I just saw the other thread, but I think this one was here first.

Edited by Coffeeman

I liked it, but have some Qs:

1) Why did Nathan have to fly Peter up there - couldn't he have done it himself, having absorbed the power?

2) Have we already seen the bad dude who can 'see' Molly when she thinks of him, or will he be introduced in volume 2?

3) Sylar stopped bullets during the final battle scene, but couldn't stop the sword? Hiro wasn't that fast - he must've been too preoccupied with the others to avoid it, I guess.

4) The solar eclipse at the end of the Vol. 2 sneak peek - did it have significance in vol. 1, other than being the intro shot all year? I missed the first couple shows, so maybe it was explained.

And yeah, the Silver Surfer/F4 trailer was pretty cool....

Edit to add: I just saw the other thread, but I think this one was here first.

1. Supposition is that Peter had to focus 100% on controlling the nuclear explosion and could not utilize another power without releasing his control on the nuclear power.

2. I don't think so, I think we meet him for the first time in Volume 2.

3. I agree it was very weak and anti-climatic. I guess we are supposed to believe that all the training Hiro got from his father made him a master swordsman that moves quicker than the eye? Weak.

4. No significance in volume 1, other than being part of the intro.

Peter would not have been blown to smitereens as the explosion eminates FROM his body as an energy wave, not necessarily from WITHIN his body as an explosion. Ted exploded before and it didn't hurt him at all.

What I can't seem to get is why Peter didn't absorbed all of Sylar's abilities in the two times he's fought him. It only took him a second to absorb strength from nikki.

What I can't seem to get is why Peter didn't absorbed all of Sylar's abilities in the two times he's fought him. It only took him a second to absorb strength from nikki.

Absorbing a power doesn't automatically mean you know you have that power and that you know how to use/control it. Nikki's power is strength. It seems logical that we all know how to apply our strength and that Peter was trying to hit Sylar really hard ... thus he was trying to max out his strength and Nikki's power in him evidenced.

In addition Sylar's real power is the power to steal the talent from other mutants. So the talents he has accumulated are not natural and can't be absorbed by Peter. Peter would have absorbed Sylar's power to steal another's talent by removing it from their brain after removing the brain. This is a power Peter doesn't need because he absorbs another's talent just by being in their presence.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Absorbing a power doesn't automatically mean you know you have that power and that you know how to use/control it. Nikki's power is strength. It seems logical that we all know how to apply our strength and that Peter was trying to hit Sylar really hard ... thus he was trying to max out his strength and Nikki's power in him evidenced.

In addition Sylar's real power is the power to steal the talent from other mutants. So the talents he has accumulated are not natural and can't be absorbed by Peter. Peter would have absorbed Sylar's power to steal another's talent by removing it from their brain after removing the brain. This is a power Peter doesn't need because he absorbs another's talent just by being in their presence.

Strangely enough, I understood that and it made sense. :D

Can you say anti-climatic? For a show that did a very good job keeping the story moving along, the season finale was very dull and light on shocking developments (at least for a season finale). Unlike Lost the past couple of years, I will NOT be left wondering the whole summer where the show is going. :D

Edited by TDFFFreak

Can you say anti-climatic? For a show that did a very good job keeping the story moving along, they season finale was very dull and light on shocking developments (at least for a season finale). Unlike Lost the past couple of years, I will NOT be left wondering the whole summer where the show is going. :D

< NOD >

When you kill off all the bad guys that we know of (Sylar and Linderman) the current story line comes to an end. So instead of a cliff hanger we simply got end of volume 1 where a bunch of loose ends were tied up.

Really last week's episode should have been the season finale ... and this week's episode the next season premeire.

< NOD >

When you kill off all the bad guys that we know of (Sylar and Linderman) the current story line comes to an end. So instead of a cliff hanger we simply got end of volume 1 where a bunch of loose ends were tied up.

Really last week's episode should have been the season finale ... and this week's episode the next season premeire.

Sylar looks like he's alive as they show the shot of the blood leading to the manhole. In any case, not the type of thing that'll keep me guessing over the summer.

I think they actually cleaned up far too many loose ends.

They killed off Shape-shifty lady, Linderman, Eric Roberts... Nathan went good and then died (maybe).

It seemed like there was a lot of life left in these storylines, and they chopped them all off at the knees to start fresh next season.

I dunno. I see the potential for increasing gayness in future seasons.