[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spain Does Vegas for the 3rd Time This Year!

spain

Yes, I am leaving on a plane this afternoon for the 3rd time this year to Vegas. I know that sounds sick. But its just worked out timing wise for me. I went the first week of March Madness, which I will make an annual trip from now on. That is an excellent weekend to go for a number of reasons. Then my wife gave me a solo trip to Vegas in April for my birthday. This weekend she and I are going. Another couple backed out at the last minute. So, while I play in a couple of tournaments and some cash games, the wife will be hanging out at the pool and relaxing. She is good about entertaining herself and not having to have me around. She promised I could play as much poker as I want. And I promised to take her out to a couple of nice restaraunts. Give me some ideas of nice romantic places you have tried in Vegas.

Here is my plan of attack which is subject to change: Get into Vegas around 5:30. Check into the hotel, shower, and take the wife to dinner somewhere nice. Drop wife off at hotel and head over to The Rio and/or the Palms to play drunk poker until around 2:00 am. Friday: Take wife to the breakfast buffet at Bellagio and basically hang out with her until around 11:30. At noon, I am going to play in the Venetian $200 buyin poker tournament. At 7:00 pm, I am meeting up with some friends at Planet Hollywood where we are going to have our own tournament. After that, I am going to head over to Treasure Island for some late night donk busting poker.

Saturday: Take the wife to the breakfast at the Venetian or Paris(both of which are excellent). Then play in the noon poker tournament at Caesars. Saturday night take the wife out to dinner somewhere nice, havent decided where. Then back to my favorite poker place, The Rio. Lots of Darins, ur, em, I mean Donks over there! :D Sunday: I thought I might go downtown since I havent been down there in 20 years. Show the wife around. Play some craps and blackjack. Leave Sunday night.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a fun and safe trip.

Have fun dude. I will be there as well Sat/Sunday night- a buddy that lives there is getting married, should be a kick ass weekend.

My plan is that I have no plan. We are staying at the Mirage, so I may drop some donkey kicks at the TI poker rooom if I can ditch my girl, which she should be fine with.

Drunk poker- Good times. Vegas goes off for Mem. weekend- maybe not as crazy as March Madness, but there are way more hotties to check out than the when all the Big Ten fans flood Vegas in March..........

Best of luck Jeff, I will be there in August and for WCOFF in Sep. Looking forward to it since I missed my normal March trip because of my knee replacement surgery.

:D:D

See if you can beat 13 I think it was :tup:

does your wife have any clones?? how many hall passes do you have?!?!?!?

Nope! I have a great wife thats for sure. I think most folks would agree that she would have to be a saint to put up with me. She is very tolerant of whatever I want to do. I am very lucky no doubt.

Nope! I have a great wife thats for sure. I think most folks would agree that she would have to be a saint to put up with me. She is very tolerant of whatever I want to do. I am very lucky no doubt.

I think I married a version of your wife. :D

I think I married a version of your wife. :tup:

I know I did! :D

Good luck my friend! Knock 'em dead! :D

Edited by rocknrobn26

It looks like the Ducks are -130 and the Senators are +110. How can the Ducks be favored here? I know they have 4 games at home and are likely to have more fan money behind them. But I think Ottawa should be favored in this spot. I will be betting some $$ in Vegas tonight on the Sens to win this series. Maybe I am way off base as I am admittedly no hockey eggspert. But I REALLY like the Senators at +110 here.

I posted this in the Hockey Finals Thread. Any hockey eggsperts like the Sens getting +110 here? I am thinking about dropping a few dimes on it.

I think I married a version of your wife. :D

I think I did to!

As far as Romantic Rest. Zeffirino's at the Venetian over the canal ain't bad, Circo at the Bellagio... if she is into wine, Aureole at Mandalay is pretty cool with the 42 foot wein tower and "wine angels" "floating" up and down the tower retrieving wein!

Since you are going to the Rio, go to the Rio Lounge and Cafe on Sat. Great view and food IMO. Good luck at the tables and may you be seated with dead money at every table.

I always like Mon Ami Gabi in Paris. Get a table along the rail on the patio overlooking Bellagio's fountains.

I have eaten at Mon Ami Gabi a couple times and really like the food. I love sitting outside and watching the freak show too! That is definitely an option. RockRobn ate there when he was in Vegas a couple weeks ago!