[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Space Shuttle set to launch at 7:38 pm Eastern tonight

wiegie

What will this mission cost ? Who is paying for it ? Just curious as I know its important to collect rocks on mars while millions are dying in darfur

Not directed towards you wiegie ...just not a big fan of flying around in space spending millions upon millions of dollars while there are huge problems here on earth not being addressed because of lack of money

Thanks for the reminder wiegie. I usually forget all about it. Depending on which way they go, I can see it here in Jax. If they point towards the south i won't be able to. I saw it once in the middle of the day and it was fantastic. It looks like a plane going across the sky but with a huge plume of exhaust behind it. I'm hoping I can see it tonight.

Channel 376

Thanks Big John! I figured it out. I ran outside to see it. Wow! Totally cool to see as there wasn't a cloud in the sky here in Jax. Looked like it was going across the sky in a northerly direction. Could see it plain as day for approximately 45 seconds before it went behind the tree line and out of view. Only the second time I've seen it. I really have to get down ther to see a launch up close. Thanks again weigie for reminding me as I would have certainly forgot. :D

What will this mission cost ? Who is paying for it ? Just curious as I know its important to collect rocks on mars while millions are dying in darfur

Not directed towards you wiegie ...just not a big fan of flying around in space spending millions upon millions of dollars while there are huge problems here on earth not being addressed because of lack of money

In 5 billion years, the sun will become a red giant and consume the earth. It's thinking like yours that will cost your great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great grand children to be incinerated.

In 5 billion years, the sun will become a red giant and consume the earth. It's thinking like yours that will cost your great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great,great, great, great grand children to be incinerated.

:D Did you get out to see it unt? I imagine you have a better view than me down there in south FL.

And maybe some day when we're long dead and gone, there will be a big green egg on Mars. :D

1. Big Green Egg is always capitalized

2. My descendants will crawl into BGEs and survive the sun when it becomes a red giant.

I've been saying this for years. It sickens me.

I've been saying this for years. It sickens me.

$500M/flight

The NASA budget is less than 0.1% of the GDP. Get off your high horse and rally around redirecting funds that matter. One of the few positives of our government, and you would shut it down, for what? a few more troops in Iraq?

:D

Fortunately, Ferdinand and Isabel didn't share your opinion.

$500M/flight

The NASA budget is less than 0.1% of the GDP. Get off your high horse and rally around redirecting funds that matter. One of the few positives of our government, and you would shut it down, for what? a few more troops in Iraq?

:D

Your kidding right ? NASA's budget is between 14 - 16 billion dollars ..I repeat 14-16 billion

How about we take 10 billion of that and use it / apply it for more after school programs , or more building more homeless shelters , or medical research including cures for cancer or aids , or maybe even more economic aid to darfur , or hiring more cops. , etc , etc .....

Your kidding right ? NASA's budget is between 14 - 16 billion dollars ..I repeat 14-16 billion

How about we take 10 billion of that and use it / apply it for more after school programs , or more building more homeless shelters , or medical research including cures for cancer or aids , or maybe even more economic aid to darfur , or hiring more cops. , etc , etc .....

NASA Budget - 17,000,000,000

US GDP - 14,000,000,000,000

making my point for me - priceless

If you are interested further,

Education budget - 67,000,000,000

Military budget - 623,000,000,000 including Irag and Afghanistan appropriation (141B)

US Budget

Don't understand your pt ...because we spend a lot for education we should blow 17 billion for nasa ??

Why not blow 17 billion on developing new yoyo"s and then say its ok because its only a small percentage compared to budgets for military , education etc ...makes no sense and no judtification whatsoever

I agree that we probably waste too much money on manned space missions. And I DEFINITELY think that Bush's proposed Mars-shot is just plain stupid.

But I really do support NASA's unmanned scientific missions.

What a stroke of luck to be at Disney this week. Found out last week that they were launching tonight. Just happened to be in Disney's Downtown Marketplace and someone pointed it out as soon as it was visible. I got a solid 30-45 seconds of the launch on video. Very cool indeed.

What a stroke of luck to be at Disney this week. Found out last week that they were launching tonight. Just happened to be in Disney's Downtown Marketplace and someone pointed it out as soon as it was visible. I got a solid 30-45 seconds of the launch on video. Very cool indeed.

Glad you got to see it Puddy. First time I saw it my pants got tight. Last night was the second time and they got tight again. :D