[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pick one keeper

Avernus

pick one player to keep, or none  

21 members have voted

1. 1. pick a player, or none

• Laurence Maroney
    • Roy Williams
    • Marques Colston
    • none

league scoring

PPR (all players)

scoring for RB:

1 pt per 10 rush yds; 5 pts @ 100 yds

2 pts per 10 rec/pass yds; 5 pts @ 100 yds

rush TD's are worth between 6-9 pts pending on the distance

rec/pass TD's are worth between 9-12 pts pending on the distance

the scoring is the same for WR's, except you switch the rush with receiving as the scoring system favors players who perform "out of position"...

Edit: go down 6 or 7 posts to read the update..and post 13...for another one..

I will definately respond to yours in return....

Edited by Avernus

I voted Maroney assuming he is 100% healthy to start the year. If not I go with Roy Williams as I see Colston stumbling just a little this year. The only thing with your scoring Roy Williams isn't going to score out of position, as in rush a TD. I agree with BC that you need to target Westbrook or Bush in the draft although with your scoring I would assume they would both be kept.

I voted Maroney assuming he is 100% healthy to start the year. If not I go with Roy Williams as I see Colston stumbling just a little this year. The only thing with your scoring Roy Williams isn't going to score out of position, as in rush a TD. I agree with BC that you need to target Westbrook or Bush in the draft although with your scoring I would assume they would both be kept.

I can't get Bush as the person I have posted about keeper advice is already keeping Bush :D

I probably won't be able to get Portis as the person with the 1st pick will more than likely go after him...

also...if you could keep either Colston or Roy Williams...would you?...

here are the list of players likely kept by their teams...

QB

McNabb

Palmer

Manning

RB

FWP

Edge

SJax

Mcgahee

Addai

Rudi

LT2

Alexander

LJ

Westbrook

Gore

Bush

Henry

WR

CJ

SSmith

I'd take Colston over Williams and hope Maroney's shoulder will heal. I'd put off the decision until as late as possible, personally. Any negative points for fumbles?

yeah...-1 for a fumble...

also...if I keep only Maroney, I'd have a great stab at either Fitz/Boldin/Holt/Wayne/Harrison at the very least...since I would get the 2nd pick in the draft..at worst...

we work it like this....you can keep between 0, 1 or 2 players...and however many players you keep, you lose your top picks...

if I keep Maroney and the 1st pick person only keeps Henry (very likely...unless he keeps nobody and goes for the 1st 2 picks in the draft...

Portis will be available as will the WR's I mentioned above...he will likely go for Portis and then I'd have a strong stab at some WR's...

edit: I have until July 31st to name 3 players I would potentially keep so everyone has a decent idea of who would be available...

Edited by Avernus

also...if I keep only Maroney, I'd have a great stab at either Fitz/Boldin/Holt/Wayne/Harrison at the very least...since I would get the 2nd pick in the draft..at worst...

we work it like this....you can keep between 0, 1 or 2 players...and however many players you keep, you lose your top picks...

Portis will be available as will the WR's I mentioned above...he will likely go for Portis and then I'd have a strong stab at some WR's...

edit: I have until July 31st to name 3 players I would potentially keep so everyone has a decent idea of who would be available...

I wouldn't keep Roy or Colston with the WR's available above as they are all better. You could make an argument for Roy having another year in Martz's system, but I also think you could get him in the 3rd round if you wanted him.

I wouldn't keep Roy or Colston with the WR's available above as they are all better. You could make an argument for Roy having another year in Martz's system, but I also think you could get him in the 3rd round if you wanted him.

exactly how I feel

I could end up with Maroney, another RB or top tier WR with Roy Williams as my 3rd..

stick with Maroney

on the subject of your WR's i wouldn't keep Colston

he is a great WR but won't get the same amount of Rec. as last year

maybe the yard but not the rec.

i'm sure i'm in the minority on this but i believe they drafted him mainly to be used as a TE and have fulled that spot this year with a healthy ( fingers crossed ) E Johnson. this year with the def's keying on him plus EJ - most of his yards will be coming from down field

alright...another update here...

if said players were available in one of my previous posts....

would this trade be reasonable....(note: I'm not overly sold on Maroney...regardless of my scoring system)...

I have been negotiation with the owner who has not many good players, but has the 1st pick...

It works like this...he can keep 0 players and have the 1st pick of the player pool or he can keep 1 player....and if someone keeps no players, they can have the 1st pick...

remember, we keep 2 players...

he has Travis Henry, Ronnie Brown and Braylon Edwards....he's overvaluing Travis Henry right now because I asked about him...

so I figured to trade him Maroney for his 2nd round pick so he would keep Maroney and I could very likely have the 1st 3 picks in the draft with the current players available...

Portis, T Henry, Fitz, Boldin, RMoss, Wayne and Harrison to name a few...

should I just stick with Maroney?...if I nabbed his 2nd pick, I would take one of his 'keeper picks'....so I'd get the 2 players I was already targetting...plus a stud WR

i think maroney is gonna be an absolute stud this year. the patriots are gonna be so balanced this year its scary. they added what they needed for the passing game and D's will be afraid of being burned by the pass so much they will have to take the chance that the 2nd year RB cant hurt them. i think he will. and a lot. Bellichik will love being able to run that ball at will and having a nice young RB will mean TONS of carries for Maroney.

Please see my post, thanks.

With all the RBBC nowadays getting a RB with over 60% of the load is an absolute luxury.

However, like you I am not totally sold on Maroney, it's just that I can't keep a WR over a RB with your League system and considering that most of the RB will be kept.

Your idea of a trade is a good one and I think it can help you right now. You only keep 2 players so long term is not that much of an issue (Unless you land a super stud - LT, LJ, etc.).

I'd definitely go for that trade or keep Maroney.