[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

biggest ''bust'' of 2007

tarantula

RB:

Larry Johnson - he will see a stacked line all year long.

MJD - He is not worth a top 15 pick.

WR:

All NO WRs

Harrison - His age will finally catch up to him.

TE:

Gonzo - He is finished.

Two Pro Bowlers from the same team, nice work :tup: Johnson 2 straight pro Bowls, and Tony G 8 straight Pro Bowls. There's no reason why I replied to this one :D

Ah, and not to mention Harrison 8straight Pro Bowls.

:D

Sorry folks, but I tend to wait and see with these guys that have proven themselves, now Johnson had all these problems with the line, caoaching changes and everything else last season and he still performed at a high level. I can see the reason for labeling him as such this year just like last, but i think he'll produce just as he has. The other two.....I'm not moving a guy down until he does show that the skill level has diminished.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not an actual jinx, it's just that i hear people saying Colston will be a bust and he could fall victim to the sophomore jinx. I was just wondering if anyone had any other causes besides that. Or does anyone have any inside info that reveals he is going to be a bust?

In a word...no.

As for Colston becoming lazy or complacent don't count on it. He came close to getting cut after mini-camps last year because he was a little overweight. He came back to TC and outright won the starting job impressing the coaches so much that they traded Stallworth. My point is he knows exactly what it takes just to make this team & he knows what is expected of him. Not only that, but Peyton would bench him in a second if he saw that he was slacking off. The guy has a great work ethic, great skills and an even greater attitude.

One more thing...when Bush goes in motion...Deuce still in the backfield....Devery & Colston split out and Eric Johnson lurking on the line do you really think it will matter how much game tape the DBs have watched on Colston?

Yeah... Its pretty close to the same roster that finished dead last last year. Oh that IS the same roster.

:tup: I actually finished 11th. And won the Toilet Bowl. :doh:

huh? how do I do that exactly? PM me please

When you scroll over the link on the bottom left above your toolbar the URL should appear.

Hmm, is that why Broncos has Boldin almost tripling his TD total in the Fantasy University thread? :D

So I like some of the players on that team, big deal. Boldin is bigger and taller than Hines Ward so why not think that Boldin could breakout like Hines did? I'm not just picking numbers out of hat, as much as you think I am...

Broncos is on one of the biggest "Huddle Credibility" downslides that I have seen in quite some time.

Menudo is this about Vick? I only bring him up because I remember you criticizing me for such "a horrible person". I swear if he is found guilty of knowing anything about the dog fighting in Surry I'll be right at your side saying he should not be able to play this season, maybe forever. But right now I'm waiting to see if he had anything to do with it and just like the airport incident I'm not just going to jump in on the parade against Vick. :D

Edited by broncosn05

:tup: I actually finished 11th. And won the Toilet Bowl. :doh:

When you scroll over the link on the bottom left above your toolbar the URL should appear.

So I like some of the players on that team, big deal. Boldin is bigger and taller than Hines Ward so why not think that Boldin could breakout like Hines did in his forth year? I'm not just picking numbers out of hat, as much as you think I am...

Menudo is this about Vick? I only bring him up because I remember you criticizing me for such "a horrible person". I swear if he is found guilty of knowing anything about the dog fighting in Surry I'll be right at your side saying he should not be able to play this season, maybe forever. But right now I'm waiting to see if he had anything to do with it and just like the airport incident I'm not just going to jump in on the parade against Vick. :D

Do you really think there is a chance that Vick had NOTHING AT ALL to do with this incident ???? :D

By the way, I don't dislike you, just made a comment on what I've seen happen to your credibility with your blindly following your God.

You'll have to trust me, if Roethlisberger had done some of the off-the-field stuff that Vick has done, I wouldn't want him playing for the Steelers.

Edited by Menudo

Do you really think there is a chance that Vick had NOTHING AT ALL to do with this incident ???? :D

By the way, I don't dislike you, just made a comment on what I've seen happen to your credibility with your blindly following your God.

You'll have to trust me, if Roethlisberger had done some of the off-the-field stuff that Vick has done, I wouldn't want him playing for the Steelers.

It's looking like he did, but I'm just giving the guy the courtesy. The feds are on it and if he was part of it, I hope they find it. I have no issues with you, but why are you questioning my "credibility"?

Edited by broncosn05

One more thing...when Bush goes in motion...Deuce still in the backfield....Devery & Colston split out and Eric Johnson lurking on the line do you really think it will matter how much game tape the DBs have watched on Colston?

In a word... yes.

In a word... yes.

Now I no it's already a sin for me to defend Colston, but Colston seems to be a new leader on the Saints, which indicates me that he hasn't been slacking off this offseason. There's always the risk of gametape and a wierd comparison that I have him with Gates, which in tough because Gates is such a freak at the TE position. But for not playing in 4 games his stats were rediculous last year. Just for the heck of it here's his pace -

1384 yards

93 receptions

11 TDs

It's looking like he did, but I'm just giving the guy the courtesy. The feds are on it and if he was part of it, I hope they find it. I have no issues with you, but why are you questioning my "credibility"?

I was just stating the fact that a lot of people seemed to lose some over how hard you are trying to defend Vick. I've got no issues with you either. It was just an observation.

I was just stating the fact that a lot of people seemed to lose some over how hard you are trying to defend Vick. I've got no issues with you either. It was just an observation.

Sorry I didn't jump off the wagon when everyone else did. Lost me my credibility.

Sorry I didn't jump off the wagon when everyone else did. Lost me my credibility.

Let's just be clear: Vick is not the public image of a man he'd like us to beleive he is (a la Kobe Bryant). We don't have all the facts either...

EDIT: Alexander makes me nervous as a top 10 pick potential bust, but forced into the situation, I'd take him.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Broncos is on one of the biggest "Huddle Credibility" downslides that I have seen in quite some time.

You can't slide far down an anthill. :D

In a word...no.

As for Colston becoming lazy or complacent don't count on it. He came close to getting cut after mini-camps last year because he was a little overweight. He came back to TC and outright won the starting job impressing the coaches so much that they traded Stallworth. My point is he knows exactly what it takes just to make this team & he knows what is expected of him. Not only that, but Peyton would bench him in a second if he saw that he was slacking off. The guy has a great work ethic, great skills and an even greater attitude.

Like the man said "too much competition"(for catches).

While I don't think he'll be a bust I do think he is being drafted too high. #30 is too soon for me. Early 4th round is fine.

Like the man said "too much competition"(for catches).

While I don't think he'll be a bust I do think he is being drafted too high. #30 is too soon for me. Early 4th round is fine.

I can live with that. If his production lowers it will be because Brees spreads the ball around well. But calling him a bust because of the reasons stated above are simply speculation with little or no basis and very short on facts.

I can live with that. If his production lowers it will be because Brees spreads the ball around well. But calling him a bust because of the reasons stated above are simply speculation with little or no basis and very short on facts.

Oh yeah. He worked too hard to get where he is to get lazy and give it all up.

:D Tell that to Lee Evans...

Who are we talking about here, Lee Evans & the Bills or Marques Colston & the Saints?

We're talking about sophomore jinxes for WRs who have good rookie years & why they happen, and that you're dismissive of the notion and don't think what has happened to several WRs couldn't possibly happen to Colston.

I like Colston too, and have him on a dynasty roster. I'm tempering my enthusiasm for him in the coming season because I know he - like Evans, who is a good example of a very gifted WR who struggled to gain momentum in his sophomore year - is going to draw a lot more attention in the coming season.

:D Tell that to Lee Evans...

Lee Evans sophmore slump had more to do with the lack of Moulds than anything. Evans was very capable of being a #1, he just needed to develop and learn what it takes. He did that, and is now a solid #1 WR.

That said, will Colsten struggle this year? I dont think so. He has a more solidified #2 than the Bills did. If they double up on Colsten, Brees is smart enough to look elsewhere and hit the open man. Teams will have to respect that Brees is a much different QB than Losman, especially because of experience.

We're talking about sophomore jinxes for WRs who have good rookie years & why they happen, and that you're dismissive of the notion and don't think what has happened to several WRs couldn't possibly happen to Colston.

I like Colston too, and have him on a dynasty roster. I'm tempering my enthusiasm for him in the coming season because I know he - like Evans, who is a good example of a very gifted WR who struggled to gain momentum in his sophomore year - is going to draw a lot more attention in the coming season.

You're ignoring the overall picture though. Evans is still a very good WR, but his slump had a lot more to do with J.P. Losman, the loss of Moulds & a horrible offensive line...pretty much a very weak supporting cast. The Saints don't have that problem at all.

You're ignoring the overall picture though. Evans is still a very good WR, but his slump had a lot more to do with J.P. Losman, the loss of Moulds & a horrible offensive line...pretty much a very weak supporting cast. The Saints don't have that problem at all.

Of course, you're right. It couldn't possibly happen to Colston. DBs & Ds overall won't make any adjustments to him at all. What could I have been thinking...?

We'll see...

Of course, you're right. It couldn't possibly happen to Colston. DBs & Ds overall won't make any adjustments to him at all. What could I have been thinking...?

We'll see...

Thank you for finally seeing the light. :D