[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush or Rudi Johnson.

It's a two keeper league and you can keep no more than 1 player from any position. At receiver I have Burress,Coles, Roy Williams and Terrell Owens. I'll probably keep Owens over Roy Williams unless convinced otherwise. I'm leaning toawrds keeping Bush. There are no points for receptions and that really hurts Reggie in that department. So,is Reggie still the choice of keepers over Rudi Johnson even if there are no points for receptions? Also, would TO still be your choice at keeper over Roy Williams now that they drafted Calvin Johnson? Thanks for any advice given.

i keep to and rudi. no way you go bush, even without ppr. rudi is the man in a strong offense. bush splits time and will not get near the goal line opps that rudi will get. to gets to the end zone a lot as well, making him and rudi a nice td heavy combo.

i keep to and rudi. no way you go bush, even without ppr. rudi is the man in a strong offense. bush splits time and will not get near the goal line opps that rudi will get. to gets to the end zone a lot as well, making him and rudi a nice td heavy combo.

Bush definitely takes a hit in non PPR leagues. For you to compete this season, I would probably go wtih Rudi. But for you to be able to compete in the future, I would probably hang onto Williams over TO. Williams could give you 6-8 more years, long after TO has finally rode off into the sunset.

I am in the same type of "keep one player from one position" keepr league, and have been in it for many years.

After having a chance to review the trends over the last several years, it is no doubt in your best interest to keep the players you feel will have the most impact in the upcoming year, and not plan for 4-6 years away (unless you have an uber-stud, like LT2, Sjax, etc.).

Since every team is in the same boat as you, there will be plenty of opportunity to draft a WR that can eventualyl be your keeper. With players such as Williams (who you will release in lieu of TO), Clavin Johnson, etc. likely to be available in your draft, you will have every opportunity to draft someone who will be your keeper for the following year.

In my league this year, I am keeping Young, Sjax and C. Johnson....and releasing Alexander (who I got in a trade last eyar), Jacobs, Fitz, Reggie Brown, and Burress. All other teams in the league are in a similar position.

We encated this "one from each position" rule to ensure our drafts would still be filled with quality players to draft. And it will be. I am sure this was the reasoning in your league to.

Pick the players you feel will have the greatest impact this season....and let the chips fall where they may for future years. Trust me, you'll have the same dilema next year, with TO and a different WR.

I am in the same type of "keep one player from one position" keepr league, and have been in it for many years.

After having a chance to review the trends over the last several years, it is no doubt in your best interest to keep the players you feel will have the most impact in the upcoming year, and not plan for 4-6 years away (unless you have an uber-stud, like LT2, Sjax, etc.).

Pick the players you feel will have the greatest impact this season....and let the chips fall where they may for future years. Trust me, you'll have the same dilema next year, with TO and a different WR.

Well personally I would rank Williams right on par with Owens for this season, and if it came my turn to draft and they were my choices in a fresh keeper league draft, I would pick Williams hands down.

Maybe you will draft a better prospect, but maybe you won't. And if you don't, then you stuck riding a risky keeper again next season.

So, no a 4-6 year plan is not all that plausible in this type of league unless we are talking top shelf stud. Has everyone decided that Williams is never going to be that guy?

But the the bottom line is that I still don't think we have seen the best of Roy Williams yet, and I think at seasons end you will be wishing you had kept Williams instead.

Edited by rattsass

Personally, I take Rudi over Bush no matter what.

Williams vs. Owens comes down to the standerd debate of the best WR on a team with few other passing options vs. the best WR on a team with tons of options. I always think it helps a WR to have other talented WRs around him. I'd give the nod to Owens.

My openion is about the same. If you want to win this year...you gotta keep TO, Rudi. If you're planning for the future, then you gotta consider Bush/Williams....although I'd probably still keep TO....its hard not too.

But dont be afraid of Rudi if you want to make a run THIS year......he's Mr. Consistency....same stats for like the past 3 years....and very durable....but they added a decent rookie this year...so not sure if he'll be in Cincy next year.

In a non-ppr league, Rudi has more value than Bush. Both play in prolific offenses, but Bush's main value since McAllister is still in town is his ability to catch out of the backfield. In a non-ppr league, that advanatge is lessened. Rudi in the meanwhile is steady as a rock and the unquestioned workhorse of the Bengals.

As to WR, there are very few WRs that I would value above the #1 WR in a Martz offense - S Smith, CJ, Wayne, Fitzgerald, Holt, and maybe Harrison. T.O. isn't one of them. His QB's play dropped off dramatically at the end of last season, there was a HC change in DAL and Phillips is not a HC who can control T.O., and quite frankly his skills are eroding. His drops last season were horrendous and costly to DAL. OCs like Martz can see incredulous changes between their 1st year with a team and the 2nd year as players get used to and understand the system, and Williams was a stud to begin with. Martz Os put up big passing numbers, and Williams is in line as a prime beneficiary.

I'd go with Rudi & Williams.

I appreciate everyone's response to my query. You all make vailid replies. Since this is a non-ppr league I think Rudi will have more value to me. Especially since this is a money league I just joined and inherited this team. If it were a PPR league Bush would be my choice hands down. So Rudi Johnson will be my choice at rb. It's only an 8 team league and I have the 1.04 pick so there should be some pretty good backs to pick from to pair with Rudi. As to the WR's, I'm a 49ers fan and was certainly glad when we got rid of the cancer we had at the time, Terrell Owens. I really soured on him just before he left the Niners. While he may put up good numbers this year I don't care to have him on my team. I still wanted to be subjective when looking at my choice of keepers at WR. I believe I'd settle for a little less production from my #1 WR than have to worry that T.O. may do something to during the course of the season that'll end up hurting my chances of finishing in the money. So, I think my choice of a keeper at WR is gonna be Roy Williams. Even with the addition of Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey still around I think Roy's only going to get better and he should still produce #1 WR numbers in a Martz offense. Thanks again guys for all your valuable insight. I go to many football sites on the net but the best advice I get is from the fellow members here at the Huddle. :D

I like Roy here - ALOT. I love the offense. I love the sleepless nights opposing Ds will have.

TO can implode at any minute. That is not as likely with Roy.

I would also have Kitna (under Martz) as QB than Romo. Kitna has been there and done that. We know what we are getting. Romo - who knows (see Grossman)

Also... I feel that Glenn hurts TO way more than Calvin hurts Roy.

I likey Bush over Rudi but not getting points for catches is hard. I just feel that he can take it the distance any time he touches the ball. He might split and get 20 touches between carries and catches and walk out with 160 total yards and 2 TDs. Further - I feel you need to look beyond this year. I cannot imagine that Deuce will be there next year and then Bush REALLY pays off

I'd go Roy over TO just because TO is winding down his career as Roy's is just coming into it's own....

especially on a team run by Martz...

also Rudi...in no PPR, Bush drops out of the top 10 RB's...

I agree. T.O doesn't have much sand left in the hour glass IMO. It helps to have a stud on the other side to draw the defense. (Batman and Robin)

Chad and TJ

Marvin and Reggie

T.O and Glenn

Fitz and Boldin

and soon...(like in about 61 days)

Roy and Calvin!!!

Exceptions: Steve Smith and Holt

I agree. T.O doesn't have much sand left in the hour glass IMO. It helps to have a stud on the other side to draw the defense. (Batman and Robin)

Chad and TJ

Marvin and Reggie

T.O and Glenn

Fitz and Boldin

and soon...(like in about 61 days)

Roy and Calvin!!!

Exceptions: Steve Smith and Holt

I think T.O. may only be around a couple of more years and Romo is still developing. On the other hand, Roy and Calvin have a QB,Kitna, who's 34. HE may only be around a couple more as well. What's that gonna mean for Detroit's Dynamic Duo(ooh, new phrase) then? Don't know anything about Drew Stanton, who they drafted in the 2nd round this year. Is he the heir apparent? Still, I've like Roy since he came in the league and felt he was gonna be a good one. Just have to hope Stanton develops into a good QB. Certainly having Roy and Calvin is gonna put a smile on his face.

I think T.O. may only be around a couple of more years and Romo is still developing. On the other hand, Roy and Calvin have a QB,Kitna, who's 34. HE may only be around a couple more as well. What's that gonna mean for Detroit's Dynamic Duo(ooh, new phrase) then? Don't know anything about Drew Stanton, who they drafted in the 2nd round this year. Is he the heir apparent? Still, I've like Roy since he came in the league and felt he was gonna be a good one. Just have to hope Stanton develops into a good QB. Certainly having Roy and Calvin is gonna put a smile on his face.

Martz is actually pretty good at bringing along QB's and I think Detroit will have a good, young QB in place by 2008