[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@#$%-ing rain!

budlitebrad

I am so sick of rain. I believe the last couple of weeks here North Texas has had more rain than anytime in recorded history. We came within half an inch of the all-time record at DFW airport and it actually rained June 30th about an inch or more a few miles from the airport. It has gone from a two-year drought to a record setting rain and everything is flooding. The main lake near my house was down 19' at one point and now is nine feet over normal. The other lake we get water from was down 13' and is now at a normal level. I cannot image what would have happened if all the lakes here were normal to begin with. They are opening gates on Lake Texoma (the Red River) because it is almost over the spillway. And that has a surface area of 91,200 acres and a capacity of almost 3 million acre feet.

I am sick of water. Last year we had to go out front and spit to try to save our lawns and we could only water once a week so all the grass everywhere died. Now it just won't stop.

Look on the bright side. I don't think fire ants know how to swim.

Actually, the rain DRIVES ANTS INSDE HOMES. I have the little bastards in my master bathroom which they like to do whenever it rains until I can get someone to spray them with highly tozic pesticide.

Now I am really sick of the rain...

I am so sick of rain. I believe the last couple of weeks here North Texas has had more rain than anytime in recorded history. We came within half an inch of the all-time record at DFW airport and it actually rained June 30th about an inch or more a few miles from the airport. It has gone from a two-year drought to a record setting rain and everything is flooding. The main lake near my house was down 19' at one point and now is nine feet over normal. The other lake we get water from was down 13' and is now at a normal level. I cannot image what would have happened if all the lakes here were normal to begin with. They are opening gates on Lake Texoma (the Red River) because it is almost over the spillway. And that has a surface area of 91,200 acres and a capacity of almost 3 million acre feet.

I am sick of water. Last year we had to go out front and spit to try to save our lawns and we could only water once a week so all the grass everywhere died. Now it just won't stop.

I think next summer it's locusts.

I, of course, do not imply any religous connotation.

Actually, the rain DRIVES ANTS INSDE HOMES. I have the little bastards in my master bathroom which they like to do whenever it rains until I can get someone to spray them with highly tozic pesticide.

Now I am really sick of the rain...

You can probably pick up some Diazinon down in Mexico.

Two by two the animals lining up ...and like unateve I also do not imply any religous connotation

If I am going to be on a boat for 40 days and nights, I think I will leave all the ants, rats and lizards to fend for themselves and just bring a couple extra cattle with the additional room so I can have some BBQ until the rain stops. I'll also have legalized gambling on my ark obtw. And skeet shooting. Spaces are going fast so book in advance.

:D

At least I got to enjoy it for an hour.

For a quick and easy way to dry your car, use your leaf blower. You won't add any minor scratches to the paint this way. Electric is better than gas and don't use a gas one if it doesn't have a separate exhaust port and just exhausts through the blower itself. You don't want to blow gas on your paint. The point is that you won't have water spots dry on a your car.

Also, go ahead and wipe the car down with a quick detailer after. I'm kinda hooked on Zaino products but that's a little too high end for most people. Meguires makes a nice line of products if you want to get them from a local store.

I spend a lot of time detailing my car. It's dark blue so it's almost as bad as black to keep looking good. My neighbors think I'm quite insane but the results speak for themselves.

For a quick and easy way to dry your car, use your leaf blower. You won't add any minor scratches to the paint this way. Electric is better than gas and don't use a gas one if it doesn't have a separate exhaust port and just exhausts through the blower itself. You don't want to blow gas on your paint. The point is that you won't have water spots dry on a your car.

Also, go ahead and wipe the car down with a quick detailer after. I'm kinda hooked on Zaino products but that's a little too high end for most people. Meguires makes a nice line of products if you want to get them from a local store.

I spend a lot of time detailing my car. It's dark blue so it's almost as bad as black to keep looking good. My neighbors think I'm quite insane but the results speak for themselves.

you missed a spot :D