[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Simpsons Movie

TDFFFreak

I saw this tonight as I am a HUGH fan of the series.

Yeah, yeah. I know it's not nearly as good as it used to be, but it is IMO the best tv show ever and the first 11 or 12 seasons were enough to earn my devotion and praise forever. So now that the disclosure is out of the way here are my thoughts on the movie:

Not quite as good as the classic episodes, BUT far better than most of the episodes that are on currently and worth the price of admission. A handful of jokes that take the opportunity to poke fun of us going to see a movie of a current tv show. Plot is incidental-- it's all about watching Homer (the greatest animated character in the history of everything) and company on the big screen. Humor that kids will get, while jokes that adults will appreciate. A warning: there is some nudity, cartoon violence, and some obscene jestures (one of the funniest moments in the movie) so just be aware of that if you take some young children.

I give this movie a solid B. By the time it's winding down, you are ready for it to be over, but it's a funny ride.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I think this movie is going to have a very big opening weekend so I'm surprised at the lack of responses/reviews. Maybe I'm wrong? :D

Yea, the movie was big at my theater. The Simpsons loving community is hugh and besides Harry Potter, this movie is the only one that people get really excited before the show starts and applaud afterwards.

All I can say is that I wish I would have gone to see the Simpsons instead of choosing Harry Potter. What a waste! That was one long, boring movie. I'm a HP fan and have read the books, so I knew what to expect going in, but I still came away underwhelmed.

:D

I nearly cried laughing at the Disney animal sequence.

The downside of this film doing well: say this comes out and opens HUGH and has real legs for a few weeks. Get ready for a HUGH amount of TV shows to make their way to the big screen in its wake.

Me and the tyke tivo and watch the simpsons religiously... I have heard this is a little too adult for younguns?

See my original post.

It's not going to scar the kiddie, but there are some adult situations and cartoonish violence (hammers in eyes, sexual references, and Homer making obscene gestures). It's a notch above what the tv show does, but I think it's pretty kid friendly for a PG-13 movie.

Me and the tyke tivo and watch the simpsons religiously... I have heard this is a little too adult for younguns?

Tough call. If you're a big fan of the show, go see it yourself and if you think it's good for him I doubt you'd feel jacked going to see it a second time. It is that funny.

The downside of this film doing well: say this comes out and opens HUGH and has real legs for a few weeks. Get ready for a HUGH amount of TV shows to make their way to the big screen in its wake.

You mean like:]

Bewitched

The Honeymooners

Dukes of Hazard

Charlie's Angels

The Addams Family

Beavis and Butthead

Fat Albert

Miami Vice

or the Twilight Zone?

Nah. Hollywood knows enough to leave small screen stories on the tv. :D

I read it did 71 million this weekend

As expected, absolutely no plot. There's definetely funny parts, but there's also parts where people are laughing and you'd ask if they were 4. Not sure it was worth the price of admission but there showing be some good quotes from the movie that are used. My favorite was the church scene "gay gay gay" with Homer having his fingers crossed.

See my original post.

It's not going to scar the kiddie, but there are some adult situations and cartoonish violence (hammers in eyes, sexual references, and Homer making obscene gestures). It's a notch above what the tv show does, but I think it's pretty kid friendly for a PG-13 movie.

It's fine.

Edited by broncosn05

You mean like:]

Bewitched

The Honeymooners

Dukes of Hazard

Charlie's Angels

The Addams Family

Beavis and Butthead

Fat Albert

Miami Vice

or the Twilight Zone?

Nah. Hollywood knows enough to leave small screen stories on the tv. :D

Nice list. Now triple it (including the sequels each of these spawned) in the wake of a 71 mil weeked.

Ive never been a Simpsons fan, and will not see this movie. I dont find the humor in that show funny at all. I also find the characters annoying as hell.

Just my opinion...

You're kicked out of the 4983.

Ive never been a Simpsons fan, and will not see this movie. I dont find the humor in that show funny at all. I also find the characters annoying as hell.

Just my opinion...

You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you peep?

Edited by TDFFFreak

You're kicked out of the 4983.

4983-----> :D <------me

You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you peep?

Sure I do.. Watch this...

Why dont Mexicans have cookouts? (scroll down)

Because the beans will fall through the grill!! Buh dum dum TSSSSS :wacko:

I thought it was pretty average to be honest. I just saw it last night..I had a few good laughs but left a little dissapointed..My biggest laugh was when

the bomb disabling robot shot himself