[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Laptops

alexgaddis

Depending on what you want, you can get a pretty good one for $500-$700, not including service contract, software, taxes, etc. Less than $1K out the door. Lots of 'Back to School' specials on right now....

Dell has some amazingly cheap AMD laptops right now... dual core, 1GB, wireless, 15.4" widescreen DVDRW... I get them for $599 if you want one, here are some other deals:

http://www.gottadeal.com/Coupons/Store/DellHome

http://www.gotapex.com/

"Expires Tomorrow! Dell Small Business - Dell Vostro 1400 Notebook with 1.6Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo T5470, 14.1" WXGA TFT, 2GB DDR2, 80GB HD, 8x DVD+/-RW, & 128MB nVidia GeForce 8400M GS for $649 with FREE Shipping!"

If you want one of the $599 ones I have, let me know, I have 3 left. Shipping is about $25 UPS insured.

+1 on the 'back to school' deals right now... You can get one for well under a grand. Looks like H8 did all the legwork for you.

As for the old one, you're not going to get much for it now. I would re-format it and donate it to a local school. Or, do you have any younger nephews, nieces, cousins, etc? I always give my old PC equipment to the younger ones in my family.

With a recent deal last week I just got one (HP Pavilion) for the wifes new business for $850(for everything) interest free for 18 months.

Laptop

Mouse

Bag

Printer

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...=dv6500t_series

Dell has some amazingly cheap AMD laptops right now... dual core, 1GB, wireless, 15.4" widescreen DVDRW... I get them for $599 if you want one, here are some other deals:

http://www.gottadeal.com/Coupons/Store/DellHome

http://www.gotapex.com/

"Expires Tomorrow! Dell Small Business - Dell Vostro 1400 Notebook with 1.6Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo T5470, 14.1" WXGA TFT, 2GB DDR2, 80GB HD, 8x DVD+/-RW, & 128MB nVidia GeForce 8400M GS for $649 with FREE Shipping!"

If you want one of the $599 ones I have, let me know, I have 3 left. Shipping is about $25 UPS insured.

I'm a tech newbie, so forgive the question if it's a lame one. I used to always think that with a processor you wanted to go with pentium and that AMD is inferior. Is that just a myth? :D

I just bought a new Compaq C571NR Presario from Best Buy with Vista Premium, Intel dual-core 1.73 GHz, 1 G of Ram, DVD-R, Altec Lansing speakers, 15.4" widescreen for $449 two weeks ago. Love it so far. :D

I got tired of being stuck in my office. Now I've got to buy her one. I recommend it. It's super nice for the price IMO. It's brand new and not a floor model or refurbished.,

Edited by TimC

I just bought a new Compaq C571NR Presario from Best Buy with Vista Premium, Intel dual-core 1.73 GHz, 1 G of Ram, DVD-R, Altec Lansing speakers, 15.4" widescreen for $449 two weeks ago. Love it so far. :D

I got tired of being stuck in my office. Now I've got to buy her one. I recommend it. It's super nice for the price IMO. It's brand new and not a floor model or refurbished.,

This is more along the lines of the price I am looking for...

This is more along the lines of the price I am looking for...

Linky

Price says $599 on the site, but in-store it was on sale for $449 two weeks ago. I don't know when the sale ends, but I've been extremely happy with it so far. I know Compaq ain't the greatest, but I was just looking for something to surf the innernets, check e-mail and other light things. Wasn't going to go heavy gaming on it, of course.

Linky

Price says $599 on the site, but in-store it was on sale for $449 two weeks ago. I don't know when the sale ends, but I've been extremely happy with it so far. I know Compaq ain't the greatest, but I was just looking for something to surf the innernets, check e-mail and other light things. Wasn't going to go heavy gaming on it, of course.

Thats for me...I don;t need the bells and whisltes of new machines at all...its simply for fantasy football, email, working from home occasionally, and looking at nekkid pictures...

hell I would be fine with a used machine thats out of date by todays standards...

I used to always think that with a processor you wanted to go with pentium and that AMD is inferior. Is that just a myth?

Yes, myth.

Stay away from vista, don't come crying here if you don't.

4-5 year old computers are worthless. Give it to a nephew or something.

Yes, myth.

Stay away from vista, don't come crying here if you don't.

4-5 year old computers are worthless. Give it to a nephew or something.

+ 100 bazillion on the Vista. My new company Laptop is running vista and to say it sucks ass would be a major understatement.