[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alstott to announce retirement today

tonyr0802

Was a great player to watch (unless you were Dunn). Guess this'll bump Caddy up a little

Mike Alstott is expected to announce his retirement on Thursday.

The greatest touchdown vulture of them all had serious neck problems and wasn't guaranteed to make the Bucs or have a big role. Alstott was a top-22 fantasy back in six of his first seven years because of his red-zone efficienc and scored four times in Tampa's Super Bowl run in 2002. His departure could mean more scoring opportunities for Carnell Williams.

Link

Was a great player to watch (unless you were Dunn). Guess this'll bump Caddy up a little

Link

He was a moose!

Don't you have to get within 40 yards of the endzone for it to be considered a "goal line carry"? :D This does nothing to Caddy's value.

Edited by URLACHERisGOD

I'd give him a small bump and Pittman a nice one.

Agree with you here.

Alstott is one of those guys that I will always have a healthy repsect for as an NFL player... but as an FF owner, I'm kinda glad he will be gone. :D

Actually, I just listened to the press conference on sports talk radio and he said that they had placed him on the IR for the season. Not yet retired but due to the neck issue taking this season to evaluate what can be done about it if anything.

He didn't retire yet. The following is from ESPN:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers fullback Mike Alstott didn't announce his retirement Thursday. But he was put on the injured reserve list, meaning he's out for the season. And he didn't commit beyond this year.

"That will be determined later," he said as a news conference at the team's headquarters. Several reports earlier Thursday from Tampa Bay-area media outlets indicated Alstott might hang it up. But he didn't go that far in a meeting with reporters.

Pittman in the 16th round just made even more sense. :D

Got him n the 14th round and I'm pretty happy with that. He already had some value as a receiver and if he gets GL work what a steal that would be!!