[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Injured reserve and players for FFL?

Goopster24

First of all, this is speaking in redraft terms. I have seen leagues have different rules when it pertains to this. Do you guys even have some sort of IR or no? Just seeing what is out there as I set up the rules and stuff for my local league this year, thanks.

In most leagues I play in, IR is set at 2 or 3 spots, and once a player goes on IR they can not come off for the remainder of that season.

In one redraft league, IR is 3 spots, and players assigned may return to the active roster after minimum 6 weeks, and active rosters must be adjusted to comply with active player limits.

If your player is IR'd in our league we waive the transaction fee for his replacement. In the redraft you don't get to protect him as he is done for the year anyway.

Keeper league we limit two on IR and also waive the tranactions fee.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

For example, Shaun Alexander last year. What did some of your redraft leagues do? Allow another roster spot or say tough luck?

One of my redraft (it's only a 1 player keeper league so essentially it's a redraft) leagues has an IR spot.

Basically you could put any player in that spot as long as he's eligible... I think listed Questionable or worse on the injury report. If you have a player that's non-IR eligible in that spot, then you have an illegal lineup.

You might think it would be difficult to keep track of but everyone keeps an eye out on everyone else.

my redraft has two IR spots:

IR RULE:

You can not activate a player in the same week you put him on IR.

You can not put a player on IR in the same week you acquired him.

If you don't activate a player on IR the week after he has stats you lose him.

A player qualifies for IR by being listed as OUT or DOUBTFUL on the official NFL injury report.

Suspended players are not allowed to go on the IR. They are not on their team's IR so they shouldn't be on yours. A suspension over rides the "Inactive" clause.

my redraft has two IR spots:

IR RULE:

You can not activate a player in the same week you put him on IR.

You can not put a player on IR in the same week you acquired him.

If you don't activate a player on IR the week after he has stats you lose him.

A player qualifies for IR by being listed as OUT or DOUBTFUL on the official NFL injury report.

Suspended players are not allowed to go on the IR. They are not on their team's IR so they shouldn't be on yours. A suspension over rides the "Inactive" clause.

I am liking this idea, any more? Thanks.

In a redraft, it's tough luck. The owner has to actually manage his team and decide if it is worth using a bench spot to carry an injured player that may or may not come back that year.

In the keeper league, we have an IR, but it is only for players placed on the NFL IR. Other players that are just listed as out, see above. This league is an auction dynasty league with a salary cap, and players added to IR only count half their value against your cap and don't count against the roster limit (frees up some cap space to replace the player, but not all as you are retaining their rights). THeir value is restored to full value after the season for purposes of calcualting current team salry and having to make cuts to become cap compliant.

• 11 months later...
IR RULE:

Does the NFL injury report normally list suspended players on it? If so are they listed as OUT or are they listed as SUSPENDED?

I agree with how your rules are setup. However, currently our rules just state for a player to be on IR he must be OUT or ON IR on the NFL injury report. Just trying to make sure there's not a loop-hole here where people in my league could put a player on IR when he's suspended.

Does the NFL injury report normally list suspended players on it? If so are they listed as OUT or are they listed as SUSPENDED?

I agree with how your rules are setup. However, currently our rules just state for a player to be on IR he must be OUT or ON IR on the NFL injury report. Just trying to make sure there's not a loop-hole here where people in my league could put a player on IR when he's suspended.

Since they are suspended, they would not be on the injury list.

Not sure why an IR would even be needed in a re-draft league. IR is designed as a place for a team to stash an injured player until the next season without that player counting against the 53 man roster and without giving up their rights to that player.

In a re-draft league that would not apply. So any IR system you use is going to have to be a watered down version and will have to be based on the injury report used by the nfl. Honestly if I were in a re-draft league I would not want an IR system at all.

If you utilize an IR system in a re-draft league then all you are doing is giving an owner an easy way out when dealing with an injured player.

edit to add: I definitely like an IR system in Dynasty or Keeper leagues and in my league, only players on the IR in the NFL can go on IR in our league.

Edited by Jrick35