[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cedric Benson

hooknladder

I am big on Benson! I have him as my RB12... Just don't see any way, barring injury, that he doesn't go for 1300-1400 yards and double digit scores - I think he is a rudi johnson type... :D

I think he'll be decent at best in a PPR....

in a regular league, I think he stands out more maybe..

I'm high on him.

Me too. If ever there was an ideal situation for a RB, here it is. Dominating defense, good o-line, cold weather team, they love to run the ball, easy schedule, no RBBC. The only question is his durabilty, but you can say the same for a lot of guys ranked higher than him too.

Me too. If ever there was an ideal situation for a RB, here it is. Dominating defense, good o-line, cold weather team, they love to run the ball, easy schedule, no RBBC. The only question is his durabilty, but you can say the same for a lot of guys ranked higher than him too.

+1. He's a guy who I think will outperform his current ADP.

So back-and-forth here. Very true that the right elements are there for him to put up numbers - no RRBC, run-first offense, good schedule, etc. But I just didn't see a good runner last year. Splitting carries with TJ should have allowed him some opportunity to shine - instead it was mostly mediocrity. I just wonder if the skills are there.

One word: preseason.

I think that Benson is somewhat of a stiff. He has value because he's going to get the bulk of the carries, but I think that if you are expecting big things from him you are going to be disappointed.

I just caught the 1Q of this game last night. Benson looked great.....on ONE run. Looked OK or worse on the rest. Didn't look terrible but did nothing to bump him up even slightly on my list. I saw very little in the way of burst, power, or moves. Yeah they threw him a few passes.....and he did nothing w/them whatsoever (OK he managed not to drop passes thrown all of about 3-4 yds downfield). And that studly Grossman badly overthrew him on an easy, wide open pass in the flat. Anyone counting on him for PPR, lol @ you.

...and that's a decent defensive line. What do ya think boys? :D

I don't think I'd call the Texans d-line decent - bottom thrid last year in YPC and yards per game.

That said, I like Benson a lot this year. Time to realize that potential.

Actually, on the play by play stats, Benson had 1 run that lost yardage, and one catch that only gained 2 yeards, otherwise, everything was 4yds or more. Looked like Grossman threw to him alot as well. Didn't see the game, but he seemed to do quite well.