[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What food is served at your draft?

Tega

I posted it here because it's for Draft Day (oh, and I didn't realize there was a food forum - that surprises me). Sitting down for a dinner or tailgate is different from eating with fellow teamowners on Draft Day . Some foods wood be a pain in the butt to serve on draft day. What works for all of you? It's all about making Draft Day as enjoyable as possible.

Where do you have your draft: a teamowner's home, bar, or other place?

My house is the draft home for 3 years now. 2 years ago we did Perogies with onions and peppers. Last year we did Lasagna. This year I'm going grilled chicken, burgers and hot dogs and stromboli. I'm also doing a vat of pasta salad. As for deserts, it's pretty much bags and bags of doritos and chips. Last year I did a simple queso sauce in a fondue pot. . .it was basically a block of Velveeta and a jar of salsa melted together. That went over very well. I have a friend who's not into football but who's good in the kitchen come over and act as chef/server/busboy. I figure it's the most exciting day of the year, might as well put out a little bit of a spread. At the end of the draft we tell the cheap bastages to cough up a few bucks for the food, and we usually wind up turning a profit. The Sheikette is very good at shopping sales.

What are you planning?

We always have the draft at one of the teamowner's home. Burgers, hotdogs, pizza, munchies, beer. Usually some of the guys bring something to add to the party. It changes from year to year. There's got to be some dessert that goes with beer (again, not meant to be dirty). I have to come up with ideas that have the preparation time done before the party starts. Crock pot food may be the way to go. Keeps it warm all during the draft.

I've been at opening home games for College Football where other some fantasy football leagues have their draft during their tailgating. They looked like they were having a blast. A bunch of people end up watching them. That's a great way to do it, but if it rains then they're in trouble unless they have a Winnebago (spelling?).