[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Man League. Who has the Best Team?

ttran

If it is worthwhile to rank players and come up with a strategy before going into a draft, it would seem that discussing opinions on how a team came out in the end is worthy too. This site offers mock drafts with each team graded. How is this any different?

Perhaps if the OP were to pose the question in a manner more of, this is my team, this is where I drafted from, these were the tough picks and my options at that time, thisis why I chose who I did of those options, etc. and put forth something that could create a logical discussion that could add something of value to other users of the forums, the question would have some value to the board.

Merely listing teams and saying which do you like does none of this and adds nothing to the boards.

THe sites mock drafts that are graded present the above discussion points illustrating various strategies and DMDs responses to said strategies and the options of the players that were available. That adds something of value that someone else heading into their draft can utilize by finding the mock draft that most closely resembles their league structure and seeing what likely decisions they will be facing.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ttran -

Here's why the questions are frowned upon and why you are getting multiple users mocking the question.

How does your question as it is presented in anyway help anyone but you? And even then, as the draft has already happened, how can the answers help anyway?

There are bad and good teams. There is a reason why we want high draft positions and pick certain positions/players first. If you had no idea what the hell you were doing, then you would obviously end up with a bad team, so there are answers to my questions.

How does it benefit only me by having ppl give their opinions on which 4 teams out of my draft has the best chance of making the playoffs?

Answers could help plenty of ppl browsing this thread. Especially newbies because they would then have an idea of how to draft maybe???

Edited by ttran

This whole post is a waste of time and band width. Nobody cares about your team or the teams in your league but YOU. You posted it because you wanted somebody to pick your team as the best so you could beat your chest.

So tell me ... exactly what kind of "help" did you expect you would get from your pointless RML post? When people ranked the teams how exactly was that going to help you do anything.

You were looking for a butt pat and I gave you a kick in the ass instead. Take it like a man and quit :D

I'll refrain myself from responding to you.

Edited by ttran

I refrain from responding to someone with the maturity of a 12 year old. :D

But you just responded to him.... so I take it that means you do not see him as having the maturity of a 12-year old. Just how mature do you see him then? Younger? pedophile, aint you? Older? Then you are complimenting him and fueling the fire. Gotta hate it when there arent any good options.......

But you just responded to him.... so I take it that means you do not see him as having the maturity of a 12-year old. Just how mature do you see him then? Younger? pedophile, aint you? Older? Then you are complimenting him and fueling the fire. Gotta hate it when there arent any good options.......

responding to anything he has to say... Ding Ding! Anything going on in that head???

Gotta love it when a bunch of 40 year olds have nothing better to do than start a flame war on forums. There might be younger ppl on other forums, but at least they don't respond with smart ass answers.

Edited by ttran

There are bad and good teams. There is a reason why we want high draft positions and pick certain positions/players first. If you had no idea what the hell you were doing, then you would obviously end up with a bad team, so there are answers to my questions.

How does it benefit only me by having ppl give their opinions on which 4 teams out of my draft has the best chance of making the playoffs?

Answers could help plenty of ppl browsing this thread. Especially newbies because they would then have an idea of how to draft maybe???

How does it benefit anyone? That is the point it doesn't. How does someone telling you which teams have a better chance of making the playofs help anyone? It doesn't. As BC said , if you had listed your own team the picks you made and why you picked them as opposed to others it would make for a better post , it would at least give everyone an idea why you did what you did, that MIGHT help a newbie.

How does it benefit anyone? That is the point it doesn't. How does someone telling you which teams have a better chance of making the playofs help anyone? It doesn't. As BC said , if you had listed your own team the picks you made and why you picked them as opposed to others it would make for a better post , it would at least give everyone an idea why you did what you did, that MIGHT help a newbie.

guess you didn't read the BOLDED sentence. If I was browsing through this thread and saw replies to which 4 teams had the most potential to make the playoffs from you so called "experts" "better than the other forums" football gurus, then it would help me with how I would draft in my league.

After all, you claim to be the best, so wouldn't you know which teams suck and which teams have more potential???

guess you didn't read the BOLDED sentence. If I was browsing through this thread and saw replies to which 4 teams had the most potential to make the playoffs from you so called "experts" "better than the other forums" football gurus, then it would help me with how I would draft in my league.

After all, you claim to be the best, so wouldn't you know which teams suck and which teams have more potential???

Nice try ... but it ain't holding water ...

:D:D:wacko::wacko:

:wacko::wacko::D:sick:

:brow::brew::brew::sick:

:sick::sick::pc::bash:

:bag::lol::crybaby::crybaby:

I see he couldn't take it like a man and continues to :D even resorting to name calling.

I like it when he implied he wasn't a n00b

Damn you didn't even give me this long til I was smacked onto the ignore list. I demand a recount and an immediate withdrawal from the list. You have plenty of other noobs to add to it. :D

Gotta love it when a bunch of 40 year olds have nothing better to do than start a flame war on forums. There might be younger ppl on other forums, but at least they don't respond with smart ass answers.

I'm 36, another wrong assumption on your part.

You should embrace this experience and learn from it, not lash out. Don't be sensitive, don't take it personally, it's an anonymous football forum. Perhaps in this case you should realize that perhaps you're in the wrong, as the masses indicate, and move on. Continuing to attack people that could help you doesn't make much sense. :D

So, if I may.

The responses you got are largely due to the fact that many here are jaded and annoyed by so many people asking for "opinions" when it appears they just drafted against a bunch of retards.

"So,in my 12 team league, I got LT, Addai, Westbrook, Palmer, Wayne, TO, A Gates... What do you all think?"

Of course, that doesn't exactly explain the situation and I think most were rather rude here. After all, I don't think anyone totally got over on anyone in your draft.

As for the peanut gallery. Please do not include me in the group that "proved him wrong". Nobody was tricked into reading his post and I honestly can't imagine a better forum to post it. Perhaps, sin of sins, he was trying to settle an argument among his friends. I mean, who doesn't debate which team had the best draft? What the hell else is there to do in the two weeks after your draft and before the league starts?

Save your vitriol for, "Somebody is offering me LT and S Jax for Kitna and Reggie Williams. Should I take it?"

I'm 36, another wrong assumption on your part.

You should embrace this experience and learn from it, not lash out. Don't be sensitive, don't take it personally, it's an anonymous football forum. Perhaps in this case you should realize that perhaps you're in the wrong, as the masses indicate, and move on. Continuing to attack people that could help you doesn't make much sense. :D

I have nothing against you. I understand everything you had to say and agree with you for the most part. Its just the manner that some of these other guys replied that was unneccesary. If this was a wrong thread to make, I think there are much better ways to tell someone than with smart ass comments. E

I'm not lashing out or taking it personal. Its just a forum. I'm simply replying to what everyone has to say. Except one person that isn't worth replying to anymore. When you make comments like, "Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." and "He can't play with the big boys so he is going to go home and to his mama.". You're just looking for trouble.

Edited by ttran

I have nothing against you. I understand everything you had to say and agree with you for the most part. Its just the manner that some of these other guys replied that was unneccesary.

I'm not lashing out or taking it personal. Its just a forum. I'm simply replying to what everyone has to say. Except one person that isn't worth replying to anymore. When you make comments like, "Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out." and "He can't play with the big boys so he is going to go home and to his mama.". You're just looking for trouble.

Hey, I agree, Grits is a Megan Fox. :D

Like I said, stick around, you'll love this place, just put the rate my team posts on the shelf for a bit, and make sure your skin is thick, and you'll have fun. :D

This whole post is a waste of time and band width. Nobody cares about your team or the teams in your league but YOU. You posted it because you wanted somebody to pick your team as the best so you could beat your chest.

So tell me ... exactly what kind of "help" did you expect you would get from your pointless RML post? When people ranked the teams how exactly was that going to help you do anything.

You were looking for a butt pat and I gave you a kick in the ass instead. Take it like a man and quit :D

Grits is still mad at me for a post I did as newbie, hasn't answered one of my post's since........So I have to scam off his advice that he gives other people. When he decides it's worthy of his time...He may or may not have anything to say....but he is what makes this a fun forum...........Don't give up, "Seek to understand, then be understood!" There are alot of great guys with good adice........I feel like The Huddle Bartender........

Edited by IrishPride

I have nothing against you. I understand everything you had to say and agree with you for the most part. Its just the manner that some of these other guys replied that was unneccesary. If this was a wrong thread to make, I think there are much better ways to tell someone than with smart ass comments. E

I thought you said you were leaving ... so you ask diumb questions AND don't follow through on your promises.

A real n00b

Grits is still mad at me for a post I did as newbie, hasn't answered one of my post's since........So I have to scam off his advice that he gives other people. When he decides it's worthy of his time...He may or may not have anything to say....but he is what makes this a fun forum...........Don't give up, "Seek to understand, then be understood!" There are alot of great guys with good adice........I feel like The Huddle Bartender........

I think he has something against Irish people. :D:D