[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible Trade on the horizon...

irish

After completing a 14 team draft. I knew I had let QBs slip and they went on a run right before I picked and I ended up with Favre and A Smith. V. Young, Big Ben and Hasselbeck went just before me ticking me off. Here's the rest of the info...

My Team

1. (10) Brian Westbrook RB

2. (19) Cedric Benson RB

3. (38) Andre Johnson WR

4. (47) Plaxico Burress WR

5. (66) Fred Taylor RB

6. (75) Ladell Betts RB

7. (94) Baltimore DEF

8. (103) Jason Witten TE

9. (122) Brett Favre QB

10. (131) Alex Smith QB

11. (150) Heath Miller TE

12. (159) Mike Furrey WR

13. (178) Reggie Williams WR

14. (187) Josh Scobee K

15. (206) Chris Henry WR

Scoring and Rosters

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Passing Yards (30 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (4)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Here's the trade- I trade Favre, Benson and Furrey for Bulger, Jacobs and V. Jackson. He may want to take out Bulger and give me Rivers instead.

Obviously if I get Bulger that's an upgrade. However there's no negative points for INTs so Favre may be a pretty good starter. I don't think Rivers will be that much of an upgrade over Favre, especially considering the scoring. Benson is slightly better than Jacobs, both have great schedules. Furrey's a solid WR in a pass happy offense but who knows what his role will be with CJ on board. V Jackson seems like everyone's guess as a Big Breakout WR for the year.

Thoughts...

I don't know.

On one hand, I'm not absolutely sold on Benson, so the downgrade to Jacobs isn't huge compared to the upgrade to Bulger. I mean, with Bulger you know you're gonna get something every week.

That likely makes it enough for me to pull the trigger.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that I'm not that fired up about your RB back ups. Of course, it is a 14 team league so I have to remind myself that nobody is going to be stacked.

I guess I do this but I hardly think you're getting over on him.

I'm really not expecting much from Vincent Jackson this year, he'll be heavily targeted by opposing defenses.

Bulger would certainly be an upgrade, but I think losing Benson would be a big hit. Then again Jacobs could have a great year.

*shrug

Do the trade only if you get Bulger. I think that Jacobs will surpise a lot of people this year although he is still even with Benson.

Please see my post. Thanks

Yeah kinda what I expected. Unsure, not jumping out of you seat responses. I definitely get an upgrade with Bulger and I do think Jacobs can surprise. I do have V Jackson rated higher than Furrey. So I would gain at QB and WR while only losing slightly at RB. I also have F Taylor and Betts to fall back on and it is a 14 team league.

I don't know.

On one hand, I'm not absolutely sold on Benson, so the downgrade to Jacobs isn't huge compared to the upgrade to Bulger. I mean, with Bulger you know you're gonna get something every week.

That likely makes it enough for me to pull the trigger.

The only thing I don't like is the fact that I'm not that fired up about your RB back ups. Of course, it is a 14 team league so I have to remind myself that nobody is going to be stacked.

I guess I do this but I hardly think you're getting over on him.

I didn't think I was getting over on him either. I thought it was a pretty fair deal that slightly favors me. I mean he's getting a better RB (possibly) out of the deal. I think Betts and Taylor will be fine backups.

I think Jacobs will be as good if not better then Benson this year, I dont think Furrey will come within half of his production of last year so I think you are getting better in each of those positions . If you can get Bulger its a steal in my opinion.

Here's the trade- I trade Favre, Benson and Furrey for Bulger, Jacobs and V. Jackson. He may want to take out Bulger and give me Rivers instead.

Bulger is an upgrade over Favre

Jackson is comparable to Furrey - Furrey's #'s should go down with Johnson there now

And, I like Jacobs more than Benson

But, don't do it for Rivers

Jackson is comparable to Furrey - Furrey's #'s should go down with Johnson there now

Exactly how I feel with the exception of liking Jacobs more than Benson. Although it's not out of the realm that it could happen and then the trade would be a steal for me.

What if the other owner counters and says he'll give me Bulger, Jacobs and B Marshall (instead of V Jackson) for Favre, Benson and Furrey? :D

Thoughts...

Bump for thoughts on above possible changes in the trading scenerio.

I like the above mentioned as far as the new deal.........Marshall, from Denver right? Well if he winds up starting it could be a steal.....but Jackson starts right now............I like the hole deal one way or another, except Rivers. You should just ask" who would you rather have on bench? Marshall or Jackson? and are there bye week cosideration in the two wr's?

Edited by IrishPride

What if the other owner counters and says he'll give me Bulger, Jacobs and B Marshall (instead of V Jackson) for Favre, Benson and Furrey? :D

Thoughts...

I'm a firm believer in the old addage that the guy getting the best player in a multiplayer trade wins. That would be Bulger. If he tries to swap out Rivers, it gets a little trickier.

Edited by tomfin2000