[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

VICK suspended indefinitely

1stand10

I was listening to a radio show on the way home today & they brought up the point that even if he wanted to come back & the league only gave him a 1 year suspension after his jail time is done, that it would likely be the 2010 season before he could get back on the field. Honestly after being out of football for that long I can't see him making any kind of a comeback at his age nor could I see any team wasting the time on him.

The excerpts indicate a very strongly-worded resolution and a firm belief in ones actions. As long as Goodell is the Commish -- and possibly beyond -- Vick will not step foot on another NFL field. This man is furious and I do not see him backing away one iota.

Goodell / Vick will be as synonymous with Fay Vincent / Pete Rose.

Report: Vick to lose over $100 million

August 25, 2007

ATLANTA (Ticker) - Michael Vick could lose over $100 million in salary and endorsements after pleading guilty to federal dogfighting charges, according to a report.

Citing estimates from the University of Oregon's Warsaw Sports Marketing Center, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported the total cost for Vick could reach almost $150 million.

If the Atlanta Falcons terminate the quarterback's contract - a 10-year $130 million deal signed in 2005 - he will lose $71 million. Legal experts say the team has the right to terminate Vick. The Falcons could also sue Vick to try and recover some of the $37 million already paid to Vick in bonuses.

Lost endorsements could top $50 million. On Friday, crappy shoes from spammers reacted to Vick's guilty plea by terminating his endorsement contract with the company.

On top of that, Vick is facing heavy legal bills and a possible fine of up to $250,000, which will come on top of any jail term.