[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seinfeld

darin3

I never really was into Seinfeld when it was first aired. I think I may have been into one or two of the seasons, but the early stuff... never really watched. However, my local Fox affiliate plays an episode at 6:30pm and another at 11:30pm. I try to catch both episodes, 'cuz even if I've seen the episode before, I truly enjoy watching...

Occurred to me now that I've seen a ton of the older episodes how much of the funny things on this show have permeated our culture. And not just the "Huddle" culture... I'm talking about "in general". There's the whole "NTTAWWT" thing.... there's "yadda yadda yadda". I'm sure there are many other things, but I'm not recalling at this point.......

But one "Seinfeld-ism" happened to me and a co-worker buddy tonight which bears a story here... so me and my co-worker buddy always head out for dinner and some beers when we are on business trips together. Tonight is no different; we're in Fredericksburg, VA (spent last night in Ocean City, MD and drove through D.C. area today and will be out in Culpeper and then out of Dulles tomorrow). I hit up the local Yahoo page to figure out where we should eat and have a couple beers. So we go to this Irish pub in historic downtown F-burg and end up rappin' with these (obvious) regulars. One guy's an Irish guy, the other's a tall, loquacious guy. We're chattin' up the bartender too, but he's busy working and stuff so it's really just the four of us shootin' the chit (mainly about how Comcast cable has screwwed the "tall guy" out of the NFL network). We're laughin' and jokin' around like we had known each other for years. Anyways, they didn't have the BOS/NY game and me and my buddy had a $10 bet on the game (I hate the Yankees, he loves 'em) so we decided to walk down the street to another bar that had the game. So we shake the bartender's hand on the way out, and do the same to our two new bar buddies. Here's the exchange:

My buddy, Jonathan.. who is 6'7" (shaking hands with tall guy): Nice to meet ya, I'm Jonathan

Tall dude: Hey, I'm a Jonathan too... great name, blah blah blah

Me, shaking Jonathan #2's hand: Hey, Darin

Jonathan #2: No way! Your name is not Darin!

Me: Why?

Jonathan #2 (introducing Irish guy): Darin, meet Darren

Irish Darren (with accent): Nice to meetcha!

(various laughing and stuff)

:D Totally Bizarro Darin & Jonathan. Hilarious.

:D So what other Seinfeld-isms are in our lexicon? Anything Seinfeld-esque ever happen to you?

Funny story :D

I've watched every Seinfeld episode at least 20+ times at this point, and I continue to watch them over and over again. Best show of all-time. I find myself thinking of Seinfeld quotes everyday, and my wife and I use them often. If they ever have a gameshow with Seinfeld Trivia in the future, I am going to be a very rich man.

Funny story :D

I've watched every Seinfeld episode at least 20+ times at this point, and I continue to watch them over and over again.

I was into Seinfeld big-time from about '92 until it ended. Thought it was hilarious at the time (except for maybe the last season and a half), but I'm not really into the re-runs for some reason. Outside of a few classic episodes (the Marine Biologist, "The Contest", Kenny Rogers Roasters, etc.), it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I was into Seinfeld big-time from about '92 until it ended. Thought it was hilarious at the time (except for maybe the last season and a half), but I'm not really into the re-runs for some reason. Outside of a few classic episodes (the Marine Biologist, "The Contest", Kenny Rogers Roasters, etc.), it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

That's because you are a "hipster doofus"

:D

One of my clients is the financial partner to a developer doing a rather unsuccessful residential project out there. I'm sure it's changed in 25 years. :D

15 years and I like Culpepp as a sleeper this year. :D